required update installation issue

Hi, I'm having problems launching Hearthstone. I hadn't been on my computer for a couple weeks, and when I got back on and tried to launch the game, the following screen popped up: http://puu.sh/aGvTH/95dd006c97.jpg

So I followed the "more help" link at the bottom, and it said:

Failed to download a required update. Please check your internet connection and try again.
Errors: BLZBNTBTS00000046, BLZBNTBTS00000048, BLZBNTBTS0000004A, BLZBNTBTS0000004F, BLZBNTBTS00006, BLZBNTBTS00000052

My Internet connection is, of course, fine. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my battle.net client with no luck. When I am able to launch my battle.net client itself, which is rare, it asks me to reinstall both Hearthstone and D3, both of which I have installed already, and it won't let me go online on battle.net. I've gone over the other potential fixes, including disabling my security programs, running a virus scan, and closing background applications, and none of these things resolved my issue. Not sure what else to do anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply Quote
I'm also having the same problem. I'm currently on vacation in China but Hearthstone is available in China, but I can't update :( same thing with my Starcraft II
Reply Quote
bumping this, still haven't found a solution on my own
Reply Quote
I HAD the same problem recently when I was trying to intall Hearthstone. It kept saying "Failed to download a required update".
Technical support here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/failed-to-download-a-required-update was no good for me, because I tried everything. I have wired connection to a switch which is connected to a router, so that's a common setup I guess.

The problem was in the router, because we have a proxy server running on that router, so the solution was to exclude my computer from the proxy, so the communication goes directly. I don't know why proxy causes the problem, but I would suggest adding it to the technical support page I mentioned above.

Hope that helps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]