We are currently investigating multiple reports of stability issues with Hearthstone version 184.108.40.20687 and Windows 8/8.1. Symptoms may include:
- Ingame performance issues such as stuttering and poor frame rates
- Persistent Hearthstone crashes
- OS instability when exiting Hearthstone
- Alt-tabbing/minimizing/app closing issues
The development team is actively working on resolving these issues as quickly as possible and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may want to try these workarounds:
For the alt+tab Issue
Pressing alt+enter twice after you've highlighted Hearthstone should bring you back into the client properly.
For the Crashing/Performance/Stability Issues
1. Open the Battle.net Desktop App and select Hearthstone.
2. Click on the Options menu and select 'Show in Explorer'.
3. Find 'Hearthstone.exe' in the installation directory, right-click on it and go to 'Properties'.
4. In the 'Compatibility' tab select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
4. Set the field to 'Windows 7'.
5. Click 'OK' and try to run the game as normal.
Our QA team is currently gathering data on this issue here. We will also leave this sticky thread open so that you can share your experiences and we can continue to provide updates while our developers work to resolve these issues for those affected.