Windows 8 Stability Issues - Updated 08/08

I am also having and issue with it when I exit the game it crashes my whole system. I even try shutting it down from CTRL+Alt+Del menu. Also I get disconnected from the server randomly.
Reply Quote
same, set windows 7 compatibility and worked until today... crashed and asked me to send report to developer.. odd, if it can be programed to sugest that then maybe it should show a button to send that... i don't know where to do that.
Reply Quote
I am also having the crash issue. Windows 8.1. Running in Windows 7 / Compatibility Mode doesn't fix the issue. This only started happening after the recent update.

Blizzard, I am very disappointed in you as a company. This crash problem is a critical issue. It causes the entire OS to become utterly unresponsive and requires me to hold the button down on my PC to restart. It's impossible to get any help over this in live chat or phone and you don't offer any kind of a heads up to your customers on the Blizzard game launcher. I'm sure you have a lot of puzzled people running maintenance on their computers until they realize that Hearthstone is the culprit. And your supposed "fix" isn't a fix at all.

At the very LEAST, do the right thing and display a message in the launcher so that people are aware of the problem. You have advertisements about Naxaramas wings opening; you could easily have a message detailing the problem. I would think that you would care enough about your customers to want to save them the aggravation and time of troubleshooting their PCs but unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case.

Also, if you go to your "Help???" section and pick Hearthstone / Technical Issues from the dropdown you are directed to Forums and Ask the Community. This sends a clear message to me that you are not interested in assisting in matters such as this.

I would love to have spoken either in chat or via phone about this issue and saved the "ink" on this forum post and I would still greatly appreciate a personal response to my concerns.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Still having issues with system crash after logging out.

A new problem is playing in full screen. I can't anymore. It doesn't go to full screen when I click that option like it used to.
Reply Quote
I'm also dealing with the crash on exit. It is a weird crash too. I can pull up some things and can see my screen but it will sit there with the game not quite closed for 20+ min. Not really OK. I know you'll be working on this but please fix it soon.

Also win 7 mode makes my pad and touch screen non responsive as well. it seems like leaving the task manager open does some good. No idea why. Like some of the previous posts, I also do not like the deck building "improvements" for win 8. in game it works just fine but it worked fine before that too.

I would recommend a backdate to the previous version until you get the bugs worked out, Thanks

K~
Reply Quote
The hang on exit persists and it's getting really old. Compatibility Mode does nothing for this symptom, and Blizzard needs to get serious about undoing the damage they did to the client.
Reply Quote
I'm experiencing OS crashing and lack of fullscreen/inability to restore minimized app as well.

In the past month, you've doublecharged for products, charged for products and not given access to them, kept people from accessing the game at all, kept people from restoring the game after minimizing it, kept people from playing the game fullscreen, kept people from actually completing matches due to incredible lag (even when playing against AI), and now you've even managed to screw things up once your apps are closed.

I swear to god, you're starting to look like the Comcast of game companies.

All this has reminded me of why I quit playing your other titles in the first place. I was considering resubbing for WoD and trying to get my girlfriend into it, but now? Hell no. It burns enough giving you $20 for an expansion and dealing with this crap, so I'll be $%^-*!@ed if I'm going to buy an expac from you and give you $15 a month just so you can #$%^ my OS, or whatever new bug you come up with in the next week or so.
Edited by TDW1996 on 8/12/2014 2:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok none of the solutions is working for me and I have Windows 8.1. This is frustrating to say the least that every time I exit Hearthstone my OS crashes for a bit. I shouldn't have to worry about my system going down after exiting Hearthstone. You guys should just undo that horrible patch you released for Windows users or fix the problems it creating. The stability issues is killing my mood to play hearthstone.
Edited by Nightsbane on 8/12/2014 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After having performed above suggestions to alleviate performance issues and operating system crashes I find that none of the suggested remedies are fully effective. Game performance is terrible even on high end machines however the windows 8.1 freeze seems to be gone when applying the windows 7 compatibility execution.

Also, if I decide to wait for apx. 5-10 min after the Battle.net application has "hung", the system sometimes seem to recover at least partially (sometimes there is a rather sluggish feel to windows after this has happened).

GLHF on getting a fix out! <(^v^)> I look forward to it.
Reply Quote
It defies credibility that it has been this long and still no official progress report, nothing to reassure customers that all that can be done is being attempted. This ranks as the sorriest display of customer service I've yet to see from this company.
Reply Quote
Hows the investigation going, the tab thing result in my windows crashing, very wierd! hope this will be resolved soon :)!
Reply Quote
after the last patch the game has freezing every 3-4 min for 10-15 mayby more second, (in win 8.0) before that everything was fine, now i can't play!!!
Reply Quote
Having this issue as well, doubt the windows 7 compatibility mode will fix it. Hope you guys get it fixed soon!
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 01:56 PMPosted by Omrakos
For the Crashing/Performance/Stability Issues
1. Open the Battle.net Desktop App and select Hearthstone.
2. Click on the Options menu and select 'Show in Explorer'.
3. Find 'Hearthstone.exe' in the installation directory, right-click on it and go to 'Properties'.
4. In the 'Compatibility' tab select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
4. Set the field to 'Windows 7'.
5. Click 'OK' and try to run the game as normal.

The above does not work, I still get same lag in game and every time I close the game no matter how I close it, it crashes my windows or something.

All I know is I close the game and I can not do anything. Everything I click does nothing, hitting windows key does nothing, esc, alt+tab, ctrl+alt+delete do nothing. Can't even open another program. Nothing works until I restart my computer.
Edited by Khedrak on 8/12/2014 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am also having the crash issue. Windows 8.1. Running in Windows 7 / Compatibility Mode doesn't fix the issue. This only started happening after the recent update.

Blizzard, I am very disappointed in you as a company. This crash problem is a critical issue. It causes the entire OS to become utterly unresponsive and requires me to hold the button down on my PC to restart. It's impossible to get any help over this in live chat or phone and you don't offer any kind of a heads up to your customers on the Blizzard game launcher. I'm sure you have a lot of puzzled people running maintenance on their computers until they realize that Hearthstone is the culprit. And your supposed "fix" isn't a fix at all.

At the very LEAST, do the right thing and display a message in the launcher so that people are aware of the problem. You have advertisements about Naxaramas wings opening; you could easily have a message detailing the problem. I would think that you would care enough about your customers to want to save them the aggravation and time of troubleshooting their PCs but unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case.

Also, if you go to your "Help???" section and pick Hearthstone / Technical Issues from the dropdown you are directed to Forums and Ask the Community. This sends a clear message to me that you are not interested in assisting in matters such as this.

I would love to have spoken either in chat or via phone about this issue and saved the "ink" on this forum post and I would still greatly appreciate a personal response to my concerns.

Thanks.

Your correct about them needing to post this problem in many visible places like on the launcher app and on main page of website. My wife and I was about to send my computer in to be fixed. That would have costed us a couple hundred bucks. Took us 4 days to finally figured out that it was Hearthstone and not our PC.
Reply Quote
Using Win 8 on desktop
No problems for several months until about 2 weeks ago
lot of brief freezes
Reply Quote
Please fix your game, Blizzard...I'm running Hearth on a desktop Windows 8. My game isn't crashing, but since a patch or two ago I've been having frequent game freezes. This has mainly just been an annoyance, but it has cost me several games when I haven't been able to finish my turn. Either revert the change or fix it in the next patch.
Reply Quote
I'm having this problem too. After the patch the game freezes for a few seconds. Changing the compatibility seens to help a little but it still freezes sometimes, less than before though.

Running Win8. Never had this problem before the patch and only happens with HS. Everything else is just fine.
Edited by Lesath on 8/12/2014 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm also seeing these issues, and the posted fix doesn't seem to help. Hearthstone is extremely unstable, crashes frequently, and freezes to the point of requiring a reboot after exiting the game. I'm experiencing this on both of my Windows 8.1 machines. (one a desktop, the other a touch screen laptop)

Please get these issues fixed ASAP. As-is, the game is essentially unplayable for me on 2 machines.
Reply Quote
lolz blizz programming shortcomings caused windows 8.1 core failure.

thank god for image level backups to an external usb device.

fix your non graphical intensive game blizz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]