Windows 8 Stability Issues - Updated 08/08

Thanks dude had alot of problems with this!
Reply Quote
#2 does not work.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem with the OS becoming unresponsive after leaving Hearthstone, but not in WoW even though they both use the same launcher. Using Win 8.1 and the problem only occurred over the last two weeks.

Ctrl-Alt-Del allows me to select the Task Manager, but it never appears. When I move to bring up the task bar sometimes the Windows 8 start menu icon appears but is inactive. When I use Alt-tab there appears to be a number of programs running with a generic program icon that you cannot switch to.

To actually crash 8.1 is really unusual and to prevent the Task Manager displaying even more so. I hope Blizz can get this fixed soon or revert to an earlier patch.
Reply Quote
Here is what worked for me. Windows 8.1, only issue being freezing when trying to close the program.

Put in Win7 Compatibility mode and ALT+F4 out of the program as someone else in this thread suggested. No freezing, no slowness, no restarting.
Reply Quote
Hey everyone, I'll post a fix that worked for me, as the compatibility workaround did snaz all for me.

Open your Battle.net client.
Click the blue twirly blizzard icon in the top left.
Select settings.
In the General tab theres a 'When i launch a game' section.
Set it to 'Close Battle.net completely'

That worked for me, and I hope it's not a problem for you to have Battle.net closed when you play.

Cheers
Reply Quote
Just adding my name to the hat, I can play just fine on my desktop but my framerate is halved on surface pro 2 when in windows 8 mode.

Goes back to 60 in windows 7 mode but the touch screen gets disabled. A shame because the native touch is really nice!
Reply Quote
So the "work around" does not seem to be working, So I guess I am done with hearthstone until this is fixed since I dont like having to hard reset my computer each time I close hearthstone....
Reply Quote
Sheep is right. My crashes are no longer happening.

Windows 7 Compatibility
Alt + F4 to exit

Works on 8.1 Single Language x64
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 01:03 PMPosted by Myner091
So the "work around" does not seem to be working, So I guess I am done with hearthstone until this is fixed since I dont like having to hard reset my computer each time I close hearthstone....

Here is what worked for me. Windows 8.1, only issue being freezing when trying to close the program.

Put in Win7 Compatibility mode and ALT+F4 out of the program as someone else in this thread suggested. No freezing, no slowness, no restarting.
Reply Quote
this is getting a joke......hearthstone is now unplayable, no matter how i close my game it crashes windows regardless of compatibility settings......not impressed blizzard not at all

looks like i wont be getting naxxramus any time soon!
Reply Quote
I am getting very frustrated with the operating system becoming unresponsive after game exit. This is an unacceptable issue. The fact that the patch was not properly debugged is the problem. I put a lot of my money into blizzard, and I am tired of being let down. Clean up your act and start giving quality for what we are paying for. If the patch isn't ready, do not put it out.
Reply Quote
Crashes my Win8.1 every single time for over a week now... Can you fix it please?
Reply Quote
Crashing and freezing upon exit still occurring in desktop version of Windows 8.1. Compatibility mode setting has not fixed the problem.
Reply Quote
Still having this problem (minimizing Hearthstone to toolbar, it not coming back), with my computer (windows 8.1) and your alt+tab trick doesn't work. It brings Hearthstone back up, but only frozen then. Please tell me you are still working on this problem. This is getting upsetting.
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Faustivious
Still having this problem (minimizing Hearthstone to toolbar, it not coming back), with my computer (windows 8.1) and your alt+tab trick doesn't work. It brings Hearthstone back up, but only frozen then. Please tell me you are still working on this problem. This is getting upsetting.

same issue for weeks now, its unplayable like this.
Reply Quote
I am having this issue as well. Sometimes hearthstone will crash but even when closed normally it does the same thing now. It freezes fully. I can hit CTL+alt+Del but it does no good. Can not reboot, I have to force it off. I am running win 8.1 64 amd fx8150 8gb ram nvidia 660 (340.52). Will try win 7 compatibility
Reply Quote
The problem I'm having is that when I close Hearthstone on my laptop, it freezes up everything and I usually have to restart to actually fix it. My task manager says that it's closed but my taskbar is completely frozen
Reply Quote
Also having issues when exiting Hearthstone. My desktop completely freezes. I'm on windows 8.1 64bit. Please update and fix it ASAP.
Reply Quote
Just adding that this... Doesn't work. I've tried every compatibility mode, and nothing. Still freezes up :(

Patiently waiting! I have faith you'll fix it sooner or later. Sooner rather than later <3 :)
Reply Quote
I have no problems running or playing the game. However, every time I exit the game, the computer becomes mostly unresponsive. Some applications remain completely usable while other appear frozen. Opening task manager reveals the following:

Service Host: Remote Procedure Call (2)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
RPC Endpoint Mapper

This process runs with about 14.5% cpu utilization on my 4 core/8 thread machine. After about 15-20 minutes, it stops and the computer returns to normal function. The fact that Hearthstone causes this is troubling to say the least as there is no conceivable reason for it to touch RPC.

Running Win 8.1 Update.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]