Spectral Knight is amazing

I'm running Spectral Knight in my druid deck and it's absolutely devastating. If I get it on the board early through Innervate, there's nothing the enemy can do about it for several turns. Late game, using it in conjunction with Argus and Sunfury makes for the toughest taunts in the entire game.

Anyone else think it's the best thing Naxx gave druids?
Reply Quote
Running Sunfury and Argus huh? Interesting. I run a Taunt heavy deck and most of the time don't find much targets to drop them on.

And yeah, SK is a lovely card, idd.
Reply Quote
I finished a full golden druid after I hit 500 wins and legend last season.. Instantly made golden spec knight.. it's my favorite card atm
Edited by john on 8/9/2014 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How do you find the room for 5 slots, there are azure drakes, DotCs ,sludge belchers etc :(
Reply Quote
08/09/2014 06:53 PMPosted by SansNickel
How do you find the room for 5 slots, there are azure drakes, DotCs ,sludge belchers etc :(

Sludge belchers are ok but not really needed for druid. Since you have DoTC its easy to forego the belcher.

Azure drakes aren't too tough to cut either. You can splash a geomancer/thalnos for spell damage that combos better than drakes and lores are better for draw anyways. Personally, I think zure drake is the most over-rated card ingame. Its definitely great but I don't think it belongs in as many decks as its in. Always underwhelming once its inplay.

@OP.. I've been toying around in a similar fashion with spectral knights. Really liking it so far. Trying to finish off building my watcher list and spectral knight will definitely find a home there.
Edited by Ironballs on 8/9/2014 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I cut Azure Drake to fit SK. Druids don't benefit too much from spell dmg. I'll miss the card draw though.
Reply Quote
Im thinking about adding this card in place of one Azure Drake in my Token Druid deck. Its a nice counter to Zoolocks / Aggro decks because it basically forces them to trade minions for it.
Reply Quote
Yeah I tried the spectral knight in a watcher variant deck immediately after opening the wing, and it had a really, surprisingly high win rate vs most everything. It's not a main deck for me, but when the meta settles it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Reply Quote
Agree completely - I had a mage quit on turn 3 when I innervated a Spectral Knight.

I presently run both SK and Loateb. Both have extremely good value for building your board presence.

If you have SK or Loateb down for a turn, and play Sunwalker / DotC on the next, there is very little your opponent can do.

I am going to drop both my drakes and take Thalnos and another card instead.
Reply Quote
I've been running him in my ramp deck as well. SK x2 and DOTC x2...

Drakes seem to die the second they hit the board, so like a previous poster pointed out, SK seems like a step up overall.

I've been hesitant slap a taunt on them though, as so many people are running TBK. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :)
Reply Quote
If they wanna blow removal/2 cards to remove a drake fine by me >.>

Or I dusted my Thalnos months ago like a derp >.<
Reply Quote
yea SK was the only nobrainer for me to add to my ramp druid and i have never looked back.
running 2 of them. i also added 1 sludge belcher and 1 loatheb.

i miss the drake sometimes for spell damage and card draw but ramps only run a few spells anyways. the new cards are just to awesome.
Reply Quote
I'm only running one Spec Knight, next to Loatheb. They are great, but 2 Specs and Loatheb makes my deck too heavy at 5 mana, and I don't find that I need that much counter spell stuff. I tried 2 at first and it just didn't seem to make a significant impact over running just the one. Now, if I removed Loatheb for some reason then I'd definitely run both spec knights.
Reply Quote
Mages hate SK. It's funny watching Mages waste AoE spells to try to kill it without trading minions. I like trolling Mages by healing SK with Earthen Ring Farseer.
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 08:50 PMPosted by fateric007
Mages hate SK. It's funny watching Mages waste AoE spells to try to kill it without trading minions. I like trolling Mages by healing SK with Earthen Ring Farseer.

Yeah, I could see the value in that, if I was hitting a lot of Mages. I just don't see them enough, right now, to justify it.
Reply Quote
It's really amazing in my token Druid, exactly the "hard to deal with" minion I needed to replace drakes. It also gives the option to run only 1x force of nature(just like what Realz did in the tournament yesterday)for a more minion-based token.
Reply Quote
It's an auto win card vs priest lol.
Reply Quote
Yeah, priests hate it too.

I cut 2 drakes and 1 DotC for 2 SK and 1 Loatheb.

Works great. Sometimes feel like I am a little short on card draw, but spectral Knight and Loatheb always force good trades.

The only weakness to Loatheb from a mage or priest is Faceless Manipulator, to force a trade. Spectral Knight is almost better.
Reply Quote
08/12/2014 03:47 AMPosted by FarqTheOrc
Yeah, priests hate it too.

I cut 2 drakes and 1 DotC for 2 SK and 1 Loatheb.

Works great. Sometimes feel like I am a little short on card draw, but spectral Knight and Loatheb always force good trades.

The only weakness to Loatheb from a mage or priest is Faceless Manipulator, to force a trade. Spectral Knight is almost better.

Ooh, running 1 DotC... interesting.

I was hesitant to do this originally, but now that I know someone else is not playing two DotC, I can peacefully try it too. Thanks!

I'm running two Sludge and one DotC btw, is that wise? Sludge just seems more sticky (thus more valuable) when in play in comparison to DotC nearly all the time. And the Charge form very rarely sees play.
Edited by YamiPrem on 8/12/2014 4:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/09/2014 03:51 PMPosted by Nickeboy
Anyone else think it's the best thing Naxx gave druids?

I do. Because it is an awesome card!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]