Zombie Chow experience

I tried to run a kind of drain deck for several matches but the minion was so unreliable. Either I ended up with an Auchenai or the Zombie.

The only positive thing so far was versus a zoo deck where both Zombie Chow were out in turn 2 which stalled the zoo deck nicely. However, in a later match I drew them in a late game phase- and they hurt me more than the opponent.

Summa summarum: I doubt I will run this card. The cons are too numerous at the moment. Maybe we get a kind of Auchenai effect in a later expansion.

Has anyone made positive experience with Zombie Chow? And if so, in which kind of deck?
Reply Quote
I've been toying around with it this morning trying to figure out what works best

http://imgur.com/rE2d4x5

That's what I've come up with so far, but honestly I'm sure there are better choices.
What I've realized from the games this morning is that if they don't have a way to kill your minions on turn 1-3 then you pretty much win the game. If they do have a way to clear the board on those turns then you're lacking cards pretty much the entire game and you eventually just run out of gas.

With that being said I really do love Undertaker and Light Warden for this deck. They are absolutely amazing when you combine them with death rattle cards (including zombie chow, even if it heals the other person for 5) and CoH

Still have to play around with it a bit though.

I think that maybe throwing in Black Knight might be pretty amazing, but at the same time it could be too slow. herpaderp
Edited by Vaxity on 8/13/2014 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I also made a Priest deck today with the Chow and it is seriously so good!
I played 27 games and won 21 of them right now. I started on rank 12 or 13, now I'm nearly on rank 5 and on a massive winstreak!!

I highly recommend all of you to try out this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/88929-naxx-priest !
Edited by Granit on 8/13/2014 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Priest is trump class right now, and they don't need zombie chow for it... they are practically unbeatable by several classes, regardless of order of draw or what cards the opponent plays, their minions and removals are now so far ahead that it makes no difference, combined with the infinite power of healing.
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Died
Priest is trump class right now, and they don't need zombie chow for it... they are practically unbeatable by several classes, regardless of order of draw or what cards the opponent plays, their minions and removals are now so far ahead that it makes no difference, combined with the infinite power of healing.

Yeah sure.
Reply Quote
Just play 5 games, 4-1 using the Cutlitst and zombie chow card.

In 2 games, it played out like this

Spriest+Chealing + 2x Zombie chow, doing 10 damage. +5 from MB

15 (UNEXPECTED)damage in one turn, wining me the game.

:D

Fun Times
Reply Quote
This card has been working amazing for me today. I was questioning this card big time up until today but now that I actually have my hands on the card the value has been very high. Great early game drop not to mention when its combo with the soulpriest ^_^
Reply Quote
I'm not entirely sold on it. I'm not hatting it as early game it can be very good (particularly against zoo) but late game its practically a dead draw without Auchenie and Circle to go with it. Unfortunately without a better 1 drop I'll keep running it.

The Cultist,on the other hand, has been great! An excellent three drop that I've found to be even better than Deathlord. The health buff has been surprisingly useful.
Reply Quote
Edit: and this is a priest forum I'm just realizing. so I guess my comments aren't really relevant. I'll leave them here either way.

I was running it my mid-range Warrior Enrage deck to deal with Zoo, but it's a dead draw against control and miracle so I dropped it and I'm using Unstable Ghoul instead.

I think it's got a place in some control decks to combat zoo, but it has no place in aggro-ish decks because the drawback is far too counter-productive in a lot of matchups
Edited by KevinNash on 8/14/2014 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Zaturn
Just play 5 games, 4-1 using the Cutlitst and zombie chow card.

In 2 games, it played out like this

Spriest+Chealing + 2x Zombie chow, doing 10 damage. +5 from MB

15 (UNEXPECTED)damage in one turn, wining me the game.

:D

Fun Times

A 5 card combo on turn 8 for 15 damage isn't very good. Personally I feel zombie chow is fairly weak. I mean sure you can drop it with your auchenai circle combo for 5 face damage but that's just a 1 mana mind blast in a combo and the reason people don't use mind blast is because it just loses you card advantage for some face damage.

It's one of those cards that is really good early but pretty useless later and since priests are not really about rushing people down with early tempo, inevitably you will have lots of games that go late and you topdeck this card.

It can give you some good early board presence vs faster decks like zoo but I think priest are already sufficiently strong vs rush decks that this isn't really needed.
Reply Quote
With this new card my win rate against zoo is way up. I personally think it is great value early game and when your opponent still has a lot of life. Also, it's an awesome card to drop when you think a Mage has Mirror Entity; had a rough start but this and a holy fire to kill it brought me back in the game.

I played a couple dozen games today with this in my deck and I can't say that top decking this late hurt me... that may just have been luck though.
Reply Quote
I used it below rank 5 and it helped against zoo, but now I don't find zoo very often and the zombie is not that good honestly.
Reply Quote
How does any of these decks deal with big minions and taunters in particular? Handlock would just rip these decks apart 90% of the time.
Reply Quote
Zombie chow is good for more than just chow - circle - soul priest combo.

Zombie chows board control ability vs any agro is amazing.
Reply Quote
08/17/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Choren
Zombie chow is good for more than just chow - circle - soul priest combo.

Zombie chows board control ability vs any agro is amazing.

it's true but chow bombs are fun :D
Reply Quote
It seems to me that it's good against weenie decks because it can trade early without a significant drawback. But it's poor against control because they can kill it at their leisure, knowing that they'll get refendunded 2.5 turns worth of attack damage.
Edited by Kamina on 8/18/2014 5:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Granit
I also made a Priest deck today with the Chow and it is seriously so good!
I played 27 games and won 21 of them right now. I started on rank 12 or 13, now I'm nearly on rank 5 and on a massive winstreak!!

I highly recommend all of you to try out this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/88929-naxx-priest !

Thanks, I think this is a cool deck.
Reply Quote
I've tried Chow in priest and I'm not impressed at all. Way too situational and it's only good on turn 1.
Reply Quote
I think it is a lot better than people give it credit for. I've been running it for a while in my deathrattle, tempo deck and while it is strongest in the early game, it can also be good in the mid and late game.

Early it is amazing to give you board control and tempo. It combos well with a shield because you can trade several early drops with it. In the mid game, it lets you flood the board with minions that your opponent cannot remove.

Yes, it might give you opponent 5 health, but in most cases I don't care. Tempo is way more valuable than 5 health, if trading it lets you maintain board control. It is comparable to a priest spending a turn casting holyfire, healing and removing a minion but his opponent still maintains tempo, and that 5 health only ends up delaying the inevitable.
Reply Quote
Not having much luck with it to be honest. Been meaning to try out a deathrattle deck where it'd do better...

It does draw out the annoying cheap removals such as frostbolt that would otherwise threaten your clerics, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]