Zombie Chow experience

It is a good turn 1 and sometimes turn 2 play, if I draw it much later I tend to not play it until I can use it with a COH combo.
Reply Quote
I would call my results mixed so far. When it works well, it fuctions as low-level removal for 1 mana. Once it a while you get some extra damage out of the Auchenai combo, but that is rare. It can sometimes hurt your momentum if you've already done some face damage and then you heal them back up.
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Granit
I also made a Priest deck today with the Chow and it is seriously so good!
I played 27 games and won 21 of them right now. I started on rank 12 or 13, now I'm nearly on rank 5 and on a massive winstreak!!

I highly recommend all of you to try out this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/88929-naxx-priest !

Granit, I've been playing your deck (except that I don't have Sylvannas so I'm playing Cairne instead), and it has been both fun and pretty successful for me. I've gotten to rank 9. I haven't had anything close to the win-rate you described, but maybe I can keep pushing. I'd like to get to rank 5.
Reply Quote
I only took up priest again recently and have been running an Amaz-esque deck, so I don't have a lot of experience with the class. But here's my impressions...

I've added Zombie Chow and Dark Cultists and played with Deathlords. Only the Dark Cultists have impressed me and become must-includes. Like others, my problem with ZC is that it's an incredible draw on turns 1 and 2, but after that it's pretty much a dead card. And I either have to take later game cards out or remove stuff that feeds card cycling to include them. Honestly, I just don't think they're worth it.

At most, maybe one could fit in a deck... There are cards I feel work better. If you need some early board presence, I say run a Sunfury or two. I also run an ooze, so those get dropped to help against zoo and rush decks.

I'll keep experimenting with them, but so far I really don't see a place for them.
Edited by WanYao on 8/20/2014 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/20/2014 09:20 PMPosted by WanYao
I only took up priest again recently and have been running an Amaz-esque deck, so I don't have a lot of experience with the class. But here's my impressions...

I've added Zombie Chow and Dark Cultists and played with Deathlords. Only the Dark Cultists have impressed me and become must-includes. Like others, my problem with ZC is that it's an incredible draw on turns 1 and 2, but after that it's pretty much a dead card. And I either have to take later game cards out or remove stuff that feeds card cycling to include them. Honestly, I just don't think they're worth it.

At most, maybe one could fit in a deck... There are cards I feel work better. If you need some early board presence, I say run a Sunfury or two. I also run an ooze, so those get dropped to help against zoo and rush decks.

I'll keep experimenting with them, but so far I really don't see a place for them.

You might be right that sunfury is better for most priest decks. Hmm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]