A solution to the Priest problem.

Feel free to hit the Back button if you don't want to read this. But I think it should be said because it needs to be said.

Nerf Priests. Nerf them quickly.

After running 10 "casual" matches (a rant for another forum) and facing 5 Priests who EACH did no less than 24 damage, and 2 who actually pulled out 32 damage, IN A SINGLE ROUND I came to an unshakable truth: Priest decks are too OP. But rather than sit here and whine extensively about how decidedly unpleasant it is to watch a Priest wipe the board and then wipe me out in one round, I put my head to solving the problem of fixing them.

It's easy enough, when you get down to it. And it's so easy that I doubt anyone will want to go for it. Plus it will provide plenty of fuel to the flaming trolls.

How to fix the Priest decks:

1. Thought steal and Mind vision. The easiest fix for these cards is straightforward: The copied cards are taken from your deck count. I have seen a number of Priests who have drawn out of their decks because of a Northshire Cleric running amok. Making these two further potentially endanger your deck count will cause a lot of people to think about playing it. Yes you might draw a Heroism, but you might also pull a Murloc Raider. If a Class specific card is pulled, the mana cost for the Priest to play it is doubled.

2. Mind Control. REALLY easy fix for it, too simple to believe: Change the effect on it to read "until the end of your turn". I'm debating on the concept of leaving the creature able to active attack, IE it could attack after you MC it. Conversely, you can have the creature suffer a penalty to it's health or damage from the MC.

3. Buffs: Power Word: Shield, Divine Spirit, Inner Fire. Every Priest I have run plays this combo. Now I am not against the combo entirely, but it is insane to watch a Priest play 2 Shields, 2 Spirits and an Inner Fire to make an instant kill after they destroy your only defense creature. So how can we fix this? There's a couple options. First off, make it so that you can NOT put 2 copies of the same buff on a minion. You can even apply that to other creatures and classes as well, since there are a lot of people who want to build up an unstoppable engine of destruction. Secondly, you could also opt that IF a creature is buffed by Inner Fire, they can not attack that round. It would give players a chance to draw out some card that can help.

So there's my ideas. Feel free to rant at them, flame them and otherwise troll them to your heart's content. Since we all know Blizz doesn't read these forums, and NOTHING from them is ever implemented, I can at least fool myself into believing I tried to improve a game I enjoy.
Edited by Raellia on 8/13/2014 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hahahah... Hahaha... HaHaHa... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
Um 10 mana to steal a minion seems fine to me, cripples the turn 10 play and most players should be ready for a mind control and able to counter.
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Sheathix
Pretty much.
Reply Quote
1. so we break these two cards
2. so we break this card too
3. so you forgot to run silences, so we break buff classes

pre-naxx priest was the worst class in the game. I don't know how Naxx has changed this but your ideas seem to be headed towards sending them back down to the bottom again.

I'd suggest putting a bit more time into the game before complaining about things that beat you.
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 06:06 PMPosted by Whash
Pretty much.

Indeed.

So, r u QQing for a 5-6 card otk combo?, did you heard about miracle rogue playing leeroy, or control warrior playing garosh?, or drood playing tokens? (for more examples, google heartstone otk deck)

lets play zoo!!!
Edited by EuroTango on 8/13/2014 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Show me on this doll, where the Priest touched you.
Reply Quote
Allright so,

08/13/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Raellia
1. Thought steal and Mind vision. The easiest fix for these cards is straightforward: The copied cards are taken from your deck count. I have seen a number of Priests who have drawn out of their decks because of a Northshire Cleric running amok. Making these two further potentially endanger your deck count will cause a lot of people to think about playing it. Yes you might draw a Heroism, but you might also pull a Murloc Raider. If a Class specific card is pulled, the mana cost for the Priest to play it is doubled.

Thoughsteal and Mind Vision are totally random. The pries who uses it has no idea of what is he going to get. He could very well just take those cards out of his deck and put cards in that actually have synergy with his deck. Most priests that run Mind Vision are pretty bad as that card is a 1 for 1 and most of the time you get a bad card. Thoughtsteal is used more often because its 1 card for 2 cards.

2. Mind Control. REALLY easy fix for it, too simple to believe: Change the effect on it to read "until the end of your turn". I'm debating on the concept of leaving the creature able to active attack, IE it could attack after you MC it. Conversely, you can have the creature suffer a penalty to it's health or damage from the MC.

MC costs 10.
Thats your whole turn. To take control of a single minion. And it comes out reaaaaalllyyy late.
Most of the time, its just not worth it, so thats why most priest do not run the card. And if they do run it, they only run a single copy of it. And in your suggestion, the priest is using 10 mana... to do what? If the control of the minion is until the end of the turn, and it doesnt get charge, then what is the priest doing?

3. Buffs: Power Word: Shield, Divine Spirit, Inner Fire. Every Priest I have run plays this combo. Now I am not against the combo entirely, but it is insane to watch a Priest play 2 Shields, 2 Spirits and an Inner Fire to make an instant kill after they destroy your only defense creature. So how can we fix this? There's a couple options. First off, make it so that you can NOT put 2 copies of the same buff on a minion. You can even apply that to other creatures and classes as well, since there are a lot of people who want to build up an unstoppable engine of destruction. Secondly, you could also opt that IF a creature is buffed by Inner Fire, they can not attack that round. It would give players a chance to draw out some card that can help.

Silence and hard removal will stop any high health minion thats getting buffed and not being used till his next turn.
If he got the "otk" combo, just remember that it is very, very unlikely for it to happen, as thats 5 cards + minion on the board that survived. Maybe you tried to attack his face instead of going for the minion on the board?
...Also, the combo is too unreliable and thats also why most of the good priests do not use it.

I hope that helps.
Edited by LuichoX on 8/13/2014 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All this QQ makes me LOLZ
Reply Quote
I want some of what OP is smoking.
Reply Quote
lot of classes get better use of most the cards that naxramas bring and ppl just cry more about priest, !@#$ logic
Reply Quote
This is what happens when someone plays 5 games against priest in casual and happens to lose. They whine about it without actually ever playing that class or having any idea about the larger picture of the game and where priests are in that spectrum (hint: it's not that high).
Reply Quote
I don't want to quote myself from a similar thread, so...

I have no idea what you're playing that has good enough cards for mind vision/thought steal to be effective and yet loses to both to super-gimmick and to the ten mana "you can't play anything else this entire turn" mind control. Maybe TB's deck of legends (which f.y.i, is intended to be funny, not effective)
Reply Quote
Get better noob. Half the cards you listed aren't even ran in competitive priest decks.
Reply Quote

This...

08/13/2014 08:58 PMPosted by Cowboy
I want some of what OP is smoking.

and this.

No, I'm dead serious. The contents of this OP are so inane that the only rational thing to do is to just laugh uncontrollably.
Reply Quote
so lets andser this...

1. Mind Vision sucks. Thoughtsteal out of like give or take 100(totaly random) games i ve had maybe 1-2(actual) time it gave me a winning card>Mage legend granting me Fireball spam literly. >Smite>Fireball>2nd Smite> more Fireball. Need to say same amount of this i get Deadly Poisons etc more often then not its random.

2. Mind Costs 10mana...it should be powerful. its already overcosted as it is. if you want a till end of turn effect i want its cost in half to like 4-5 and Shadow Madness whos effect is now simmilar to 2.
Yes i run MC and to those who said if run max 1 is its just subbing for legends witch i do not own.

3. Divine Spirit+Inner Fire 'cough' 'cough' combo. Gimicky as hell. Inconsistend as hell(unless you like count 1 out of 10 consistent) Yes i play it in casual since pawning noobs with a x/x retard minion is fun. though only way to do it is Stormwind Knigh>Shield>DS>DS>IF granting 28/28charge for 10mana for 5-cards slam. still bad though.

Diddnt you say you went Casual.

pawning noobs with a x/x retard minion is fun

Last thing.

Reply Quote
L2P
Reply Quote
I started reading in hopes these complaints were about new Priest decks with new Naxx cards. I left disappointed. Same old, same old.
Reply Quote
The biggest problem with the priest is that it gets a strong combo for new players,
divine spirit - free, Mind Control - free, Shadow Word: Pain - free, inner fire - common, Shadow Word: Death - common and Holy Nova - common. This makes priest the Newbie troller since since any new player can craft a decent priest deck that will be very good at winning games rank 20+. Blizzard could easily fix this by making MC a rare or epic, divine spirit rare and we would not have to keep seeing the same threads over and over about how the statistically weakest class is OP.

Oh and also
Reply Quote
Apart from the OP being a retard, I would delete Priest altogether and replace it with Death Knight (Arthas).

Or delete Gul'Dan for Zoo to die out in a big way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]