What does zoo mean?

everybody is talking about it but i can't figure it out... sorry i may be dumb
Reply Quote
in Hearthstone, Zoo usually refers to Warlock decks that run a bunch of low-cost, high-value creatures that control the board with high tempo. the games are usually over pretty quick.

the term Zoo comes from Magic the Gathering. i've never played MtG, but from what i've heard there were decks in that game that were similar in style, but they had a lot of animals in them. thus the name Zoo. it just carried over to Hearthstone to describe the deck style, not what's literally in it.
Reply Quote
What is the difference between aggro and zoo?
Reply Quote
08/14/2014 08:26 PMPosted by r91180
What is the difference between aggro and zoo?

Aggro decks are are more aggressive with hitting the face. They only really trade when something can go horribly wrong. Zoo is more of an aggressive board control deck. They ideally want to keep your board clean so that they can consistently get damage in to win fast. While Zoo can play like an Aggro deck, it's really hard to come back as Zoo if you lose control of the board.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]