Belcher or DotC

This is so tough. The ability to charge or have a taunt with 6 hp or.... A double taunt. Help please! What are people running? I always thought the DotC was a standard card but now I'm not sure anymore. Naxx has messed up my fav class.
Reply Quote
I prefer DotC for the flexibility of using it as a charge.

On the other hand, Spectral Knight vs DotC is a toss-up as well.

Lots of great 5-drops.
Reply Quote
Both.

I actually use dotc, spectral and belchers, two of each in my druid deck. Belcher just too good and annoying to clear
Reply Quote
Six 5-drops seems heavy. What deck are you playing?
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 08:52 AMPosted by holyterror

I'd guess the deck where you lose if you don't get both WG and Innervate in your opening hand.

Edit: Or maybe he cuts down on Sunwalkers.
Edited by Atuan on 8/19/2014 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Atuan

I'd guess the deck where you lose if you don't get both WG and Innervate in your opening hand.

This is correct, i dont have sunwalkers.

The amount of five drops is a lot in my deck, add on a loatheb and a nourish which make it 8 five drops.

It is dependent on WG and innervate, but i also have a Golem and two taz dingos for semi early game.

It is a very cookie cutter control deck and hopefully a burst with a FON/SR combo. It does pretty well against hunter/zoo/miracle, not so much against priest/mage. Other classes, i do ok against

Started using this deck about 1.5 weeks ago ranked from 13 to 7 now in probably 100 games or so.

It is an ok deck overall, little over 50% win rate based on hearthstone tracker
Reply Quote
Seems a little too gimmicky for me. Innervate are viable cards but wild growth just seems to slow against rush decks. Maybe that is just me. Good luck on the deck, seems fun.
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Atuan

I run Sen'jin Shieldmasta, Sludge Belcher, Druid of the Claw, and Sunwalker in my new ramp deck and it's working extremely well. I called it the Nerub'ar Brick Wall. I run Nerub'ar Weblord and Unstable Ghoul in the early game to make it to turn 3/4 for the big taunts to start kicking in, then beat them with taunt damage to the face. LOL.

It plays like the druid's version of mid-range, except bigger and more annoying. It doesn't feel like it ought to do well, but it somehow does.
Reply Quote
Sounds interesting. You should post your deck, I would certainly be interested in playing some variation of it!
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 01:13 PMPosted by holyterror
Sounds interesting. You should post your deck, I would certainly be interested in playing some variation of it!

You can find the deck list here:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13841494431

It is a very simple deck base with the three knights (black/spectral) and Rag being the flexible slots.

I made a number of different Nerub'ar Brick Wall decks with different classes based around Nerub'ar Weblord, Unstable Ghoul, and Sludge Belcher. The Druid ramp, the Mage secret, and the Warrior zerk control versions worked the best.
Reply Quote
It looks cool though I find star pricey. I might sub one for a force of nature. No card draw but more flexible. Ever think of removing the wild growth for minions? A couple of harvest golems here or even a roar would be interesting. Either way, a pretty interesting deck. Thanks!
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 05:35 PMPosted by holyterror
It looks cool though I find star pricey. I might sub one for a force of nature. No card draw but more flexible. Ever think of removing the wild growth for minions? A couple of harvest golems here or even a roar would be interesting. Either way, a pretty interesting deck. Thanks!

The Starfires are crucial for the pace. It's essentially a pace gainer at 6 or 7 drop as that's your "charge," so to speak, both for removal+keeping pace, and finishing people off. Also, no way I would remove Wild Growth. This wins way more often when it has Wild Growth for turn 2.

After playing it more and paying more attention to how this play, I am getting better at identifying how this wins:

The mass taunts gain pace by forcing the opponent to make trades while you beat their face. Generally this means that they get more efficient trades, but the Nerub'ar Weblord can mess with the pace of many deck types, even when they have plenty of non-Battlecry cards to play before they remove the weblords.

The weblords draw enormous amounts of early "option" cards as opponents try to plan ahead for when they want to use their Battlecry minions. Whether they expend their "option" cards to take out the Weblord or letting it live behind taunts, it substantially diminishes their capacity to make efficient trades. Sometimes they are just starting to catch up on pace and is about to stabilize and wham, Starfire/TBK to their latest fat and draw a card or get a 4/5 to keep pace, or wham, Starfire to the face for the finish.

It may be a good idea to go heavier than just 2x Spectral Knight. I can go Ysera+Cairne to go with the Ragnaros the Firelord for the outlast. I can also go for more turn 7/8/9 finish with FoN+SR to go with Loatheb. I think I am preferring the Ysera route, as the overall card quality of the rest of the cards is high enough to hang with most control if you don't get good enough draw for the rush finish, as most control decks have many more slots dedicated to surviving early. For this deck it's just 2 weblords, 2 ghouls, and 2 wraths. The rest of it is face damage doubling as survival in the forms of taunt after taunt after taunt. The wraths, ghouls, and weblords are all potentially strong even when drawn late. It's like a face deck that doesn't run out of steam when you survive it to the late game.
Reply Quote
Spectral Knight and Loatheb are honestly better 5 drops than belchers.

I dropped to one DotC.
Reply Quote
Not in all situations. All in all Sludge Belchers are just as good as Sen'jins at their job. I even think two is mandatory right now, they are shining in this meta because they almost always require 3 attacks to take down.

Also, I am personally running Feugen/Stalagg instead of Spectral Knights right now, the threat of Thaddius is pretty strong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]