Priest strategy against handlock?

So this matchup seems like a hard counter and I'm not sure if I should be trying something differently or just accepting that I'll lose at least 80% of these.

I even put a second SW:D back in my deck just for this deck and it barely helps. Just finished a game where I killed two Molten Giants, two Mountain Giants, two Twilight Drakes, AND an Alexstraza and still lost the game to a power overwhelming + leeroy after he stabilized at 6-8hp with Sludge Belchers.

Too many handlock lately, bring back the zoolocks :/
Reply Quote
You can tweak your deck a bit to make it a lot easier, but it's generally an unfavorable matchup. With the abundance of Hunter right now, you could probably slip a Mind Blast into your deck, which would help against Handlock as well since the traps with bow out function similar to a taunt wall anyways.

I haven't yet, but I probably will if Hunters stay this prevalent.
Edited by Pariah on 8/17/2014 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It depends on the deck you are using.

If you are using Amaz Priest (Rag, no Mind Blast) your chances are quite low (I believe it is about 30/70)

If you are using Zetalot Priest (Velen, 1 Mind Blast) your chances are higher (because your reach is quite big and he can never stabilize at lower than 14hp) *about 45/55&*

If you are using the new aggro/midrange deathrattle Priest it is equal (either you kill him before he can taunt up or you get stuck with those huge taunts)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]