MindControl is still too powerful

I personally feel like MC is still far too powerful. Yes it's situational and yes it costs 10 mana, but after the last 3 times i've had Tirion MCd, I just feel it's too game changing. Before you all start saying 'hurr don't play anything late game against priest', shut up. because that's just not feasible. I've tried baiting it with sunwalkers etc, but even if occasionally they do take the bait and grab one of them, it's pretty devastating to have a whole turn's worth of minion destroyed and replicated by your openent. With Tirion I feel s though it borders on cheating, you don't even get his deathrattle.
I know there are other means of taking control of enemy minions, but these are all far more blanced. For example Sylvanus requires something of a setup and it's random anyway mind control tech is just a bad card anyway.

Before anyone says 'Priests already suck!', Shut up. Yes they are arguably the weakest class constructed, but I just think mind control needs to be completely removed. It's not fun.
Reply Quote
Do you complain on the mage and shaman forums when they poly/hex your tirion, too?
Reply Quote
08/15/2014 08:59 AMPosted by bonanzaguy
Do you complain on the mage and shaman forums when they poly/hex your tirion, too?

Do mages and shamans get a Tirion of their own when they hex or polymorph?
Reply Quote
Faceless says, "Hello."
Reply Quote
Have u ever lose because of DeathWing? There are several 10 mana cards, they supported to be very strong.

Tirion is awsome at cost 8 noone can deny, then MC is awsome at cost 10, what's wrong? Image, if they switched MC for Paladin and Tirion for Priest then most stupid thread like this gone to Paladin's forum which noone give a shjt, while in Priest's forum everyone disscus about baiting faceless, hex, poly... for save their most strong 8 mana drop?????????
Reply Quote
MC is very strong against late game control, especially late game death rattle. That's kind of its job, because that's about the only efficient use of Mind Control (and the priest's entire turn) that exists.

Maybe vary your threats a little instead of playing things that curbstomp paladins when they are MCed. Basically, play stuff other than the cream of the cream of the crop (Rag, Ysera, and Tirion) and try dropping more reasonable threats, especially in the mid-range four power area. No, you can't complain "but then how will I beat the other player's Rag/Ysera etc?" because you're playing paladin, king of equality and the peacekeeper/humility + stampeding kodo. The only thing you can't efficiently deal with is a ludicrous death-rattle such as the Tirion you keep feeding to these priests.

So yeah, vary it up some more. Otherwise, you're going to be playing right into the mindcontrol match-up.

Of course, all this complaining only illustrates how incredibly powerful Mr. Fordring is in the first place :P
Edited by Quentin on 8/15/2014 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Do we really have to keep seeing these posts multiple times a day every day? What part of Priest being one of the worst classes don't people understand?

The previous comments are relevant. What about Faceless then Poly/Hex? That's a 9/8 mana combo that achieves the same result. MC is a 10 mana card that takes up a deck slot that may or may not even see play. If you let a Priest live to turn 10 prepare for a way to deal with the card.
Reply Quote
08/15/2014 08:48 AMPosted by Wibbly

Before anyone says 'Priests already suck!', Shut up. Yes they are arguably the weakest class constructed, but I just think mind control needs to be completely removed. It's not fun.

Before I answer your question: Shut up.

PS: No! ...but we can trade tirion for mc, if it's so op. :D
Edited by Chaoskrieger on 8/15/2014 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MC is powerful but not too powerful, I'd personally like to see it at 8 mana with a changed function to: "Silence and then take control of target minion"
Edited by Vik on 8/15/2014 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They keep stealing your tirion because they wish what they were actually playing 2 turns ago was a tirion. You have the vastly better card that can be on the field two turns earlier.

If MC is ever nerfed expect ol' fordring to get hit harder.
Reply Quote
Yes it's situational and yes it costs 10 mana,

It's not fun.

In the first sentence, you contradicted the argument that his is an overpowered card and in the last sentence, you outlined exactly why you are here complaining about it.
Reply Quote
Mind Control is budgeted properly. It's basically the same thing as Faceless + Assassinate in terms of mana cost wrapped up in one neat little class card. I'd even argue that it's terrible in the current meta and shouldn't even be ran. I rarely see targets that I feel would be worth taking an entire turn to MC.

The easiest way to make Mind Control useless is to pressure the Priest enough that taking a turn to MC isn't the best option. This is hard to do as a Control Paladin, which makes your deck unfavorable against Priests who run MC. That's just the way the chips fall sometimes, that doesn't mean that the card is too powerful though.
Reply Quote
Why mind control when a priest can faceless/shadow word most everything with still two mana to spare?
Reply Quote
I have not run Mind Control in over 2 months in any Priest deck. I think the card sucks and will just make you lose games. It is far too slow and against many decks it is completely worthless.

It's main strength is that no one expects Priest to run Mind Control anymore so they freely play their big minions without fear most of the time. But if they even try to play around it a little bit it becomes a dead card. Many times you can be put into a position where you Mind Control a Ragnaros or something but lose the game the next turn anyway because you are too low on health because the Mind Control was sitting in your hand preventing you from dealing with other threats. That Mind Control could have been something like a Cairne or a Cabal Shadow Priest that could have dealt with several threats earlier.

Then there are many decks that never run anything over 6 or 7 mana so it's value becomes especially situational. The most popular decks do not have anything over 5 mana like Zoo. The next most popular being Hunter runs Highmanes and there are only 2 of those in the entire deck.
Reply Quote
In the current meta there are basically two kinds of decks.
Aggro/face decks, and then slightly slower mid-range decks where half the deck is dedicated to removal to hopefully make it into the mid game against the faster decks.

MC falls into a third category where it really shines against late game control decks. And priest pretty much curb stomps in late game control. Thankfully for OP it's unplayable bad in the current meta and has been for awhile. As others have said, most decks don't even run any threats worth using Assassinate on, muchless Mind Control.
Reply Quote
Don't you love it when you get MC in your opening hand?
Reply Quote
Like others have said, this just proves one thing - IMO Tirion is way too OP.
Definetly miles ahead of any other legendary. But you don't complain about that.

08/15/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Jagore
Why mind control when a priest can faceless/shadow word most everything with still two mana to spare?

Because with mind control you don't proc the death rattle and the paladin doesn't get the 5/3 weapon. That's worth 2 mana.
Edited by moljac024 on 8/16/2014 1:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/15/2014 08:48 AMPosted by Wibbly
I personally feel like MC is still far too powerful. Yes it's situational and yes it costs 10 mana, but after the last 3 times i've had Tirion MCd, I just feel it's too game changing.

Oh Yes, we agree with you, let's BAN Tirion Fordring so that Priest cannot Mind Control it!
Reply Quote
What's your replacement card, then? I mean, you do realize that MC is what makes Priest scary in the lategame, right? So, what's your alternative? What card do we get in exchange? After all, all the classes have an equal number of cards. You can't just remove one without putting in another with approximately equal value. I personally don't think MC is overpowered, but I'm open to discussion.
Reply Quote
Wait, what? I havent seen mind control for ages, does anybody even play that card? wow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]