2 Sludge Belcher
1 Spectral Knight
1 Stalagg
1 Force of Nature
1 Sylvanas Windrunner
1 The Black Knight
2 Ancient of Lore
1 Kel'Thuzad

I removed 2 Ancient of Wars because they aren't working at all right now. I also added Feugen and Stalagg in place of 1 DotC and 1 Spectral - they have been working very well for me. Sludge Belcher is better at its job than DotC right now. I replaced BGH with Healing Touch to deal with these hunters. And Kel'Thuzad has been pretty scary so far. What do you think? I'm at Rank 4 trying to fend off all these super strong (euphemism for OP ;) new decks.
Edited by xBobz on 8/21/2014 2:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yop !

Is your combo Savage Roar + Force of Nature usefull in your deck ?

To be sure to have this combo ready turn 9, i play double combo, but in ramp/taunt version of druid, i don't play the combo (we have other relevant kill).

why not removing the combo to get 2 Sunwalker ? (sunwalker with KT is realy strong !)
Reply Quote
Sunwalker is very strong with KT but so is everything haha :D I may actually be trying to fit a Sunwalker or two very soon, but I am going to keep the Savage Roar + Force of Nature combo. It allows me to finish off those games where I don't think I could hold out for much longer. I used to not play it, but I think the deck is more potent with the combo in.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the deck list. I've been trying out different ramp variations and got knocked from 5 back to 13. I'll give this one a try!
Reply Quote
No probs! :D I love sharing some ideas with fellow Druids, especially since the class is the punching bag of other popular decks. I want to teach the others a lesson :)

Update on the deck: Probably going to remove Healing Touch for Sunwalker, since there isn't enough draw to make up for the card.
Reply Quote
Good deck - I like your idea on bringing a Sunwalker back in.
Reply Quote
Yep, I have. It's been amazing the few games so far. Damn, t's just a saviour, especially against Hunter. Saved me from lethal (via Eaglehorn Bow) and allowed me to get my minions out to finish him.
Reply Quote
If you've got Cairne he's a pretty good combo with big KT.
Reply Quote
That's true but I think Cairne is still too slow in this meta. Sunwalker is better atm.
Reply Quote
Now I have taken out Spectral Knight as I find there to be slightly too many 4, 5 and 6 drops. I decided to put an Acolyte of Pain, which looks like a weird choice but it fills in the 3 mana slot and gives me more draw, which I feel I have been needing.
Reply Quote
I agree with keeping at least one set of the combo. It's a surprise burst to kill off Handlocks, Miracles, and Hunters.

Yes, Hunters. You know how they get free willy attacking your Taunts using their bow. They don't know they are in lethal range at around ~20 HP. Still, it is a very hard matchup against Hunters, but the combo have won me a few games. In my latest win, I kept the combo in my opening hand. Good thing I did cos I was 8HP and he was at 22HP during my turn 8. I have a Baine and a Sunfury while he has 4 minions where 3 went to my face during his turn 8. I coined the Wombo Combo for the finish. I was shouting "F*U* Hunter" for each Treant hitting his face haha!

Kel is pretty good too! Reviving off Yetis or even Keepers are fine. Those are free board minions without any mana! And even if Kel was silenced, it's still a 6/8 body. That 6 attack can kill a wide range of minions.

Currently climbing at rank 6 now.
Edited by Raycab on 8/23/2014 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I completely agree. I could've won against the last Hunter because of the combo but I was ONE DAMAGE OFF lethal that turn - and the next turn, I got Loatheb'd. Otherwise I would've won.

Because of this frustration against Hunters STILL, I have decided to cut Sylvanas for a second Sunwalker. Sylvanas is my favourite legendary but she sits in my hand against Hunter, sadly.

I have also dropped Feugen and Stalagg for one Spectral Knight [and a Bloodmage Thalnos for now] simply because there are too many solid midrange minions which cost a lot of mana. Now my 5 drop slot is Loatheb, 2 Belchers and a Spectral Knight. I have also dropped Acolyte for a Scarlet Crusader.
Reply Quote
Okay it's legit. I'm really keeping one combo. Won another an almost impossible comeback. I was at 7HP and Hunter at 22HP. I have 2/2 Keeper and 4/2 Cairne. He has almost full board: Timber, Buzzard, 3x Hounds, and Leokk. No Swipe at hand, sadly. The 2x Swipes still in the deck >_<

And I think I'm also keeping that Cairne there due to Hunters. He just easily killed off my Sunwalker with Hunter's Mark or Kill Command. At least Cairne can survive that a bit. He has expendable minions to break the shield - like Webspinner, Mad Scientist, Hounds, or Stonetusk (in case they still run these).

I'm not saying these are counters, but these gives you that additional chance to win.
Edited by Raycab on 8/24/2014 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem with Cairne is that you are paying 6 mana for a card to be ignored. With Sunwalker they can't ignore it. By turn 6 you need plays which have more immediate impact than Cairne atm.
Reply Quote
08/24/2014 03:14 AMPosted by xBobz
The problem with Cairne is that you are paying 6 mana for a card to be ignored. With Sunwalker they can't ignore it. By turn 6 you need plays which have more immediate impact than Cairne atm.

Yes, that's a good point. But many times when Baine became my final reach for that 20HP damage burst off Combo Wombo. My principle here is that you need to have a minion on board by turn 9 for that extended lethal reach from Wombo Combo. Yes Sunwalker can do that too, I'm not saying Sunwalker is bad, I run them too. Though it's 1x Sunwalker and 1x Cairne.

Whenever I play Cairne, I know that he will stick. Of course he is a bad play when you really need to Taunt but I have Sludge Belcher, DotC, and Ancient of War as my taunt so I found a space for him.

And I am at the verge of removing my 1x Ancient of War for that 2nd Sunwalker. Which I just might, actually. Better Kel synergy too!
Reply Quote
What's your current deck? I lost track with all the substitutions. I'm getting destroyed today ;( except vs warrior...
Reply Quote
Here :)

2 Innervate
2 Wild Growth
2 Wrath
1 Loot Hoarder
1 Savage Roar
1 Scarlet Crusader
1 Earthen Ring Farseer
2 Harvest Golem
2 Swipe
1 Chillwind Yeti
2 Keeper of the Grove
2 Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1 Loatheb
2 Sludge Belcher
1 Spectral Knight
1 Force of Nature
2 Sunwalker
1 The Black Knight
2 Ancient of Lore
1 Kel'Thuzad
Reply Quote
How are you doing with it xbobz? I'm stuck at rank 2/3 trying out ramp druid, control paladin and hunter. The control paladin works best against hunters and zoo but loses to control warriors and rogues. Druid beats control warriors but is kinda 50-50 v hunters and usually gets rushed down by zoo. Hunter goes 50-50 v other hunters, beats most other things but loses to control warrior. I just want to get to legend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]