How to deal with the new Ooze and Shade

Is mass dispel a good spell now? Already lots of deathrattle cards are going around and silence is the second best way to deal with them. I can see people trying to abuse ooze with buffs and shade is such a good way to deal with the boardwipes at the cost of some early pressure. They can go like casting shade t3 and never touching him, letting him grow and grow. After a board wipe(If not the doomsayer+freeze/Brawl/Twisting Nether) shade is likely to survive. We have a couple ways to deal with him like Wild Pyro+Couple cheap spells, Auchenai+Circle but they wont happen reliably enough and Mass Dispel is not only for the new cards. Since i dont have dispells right now im not able to test. What are your opinions? I have enough dust to craft x2 of them and i might do it. Priest is my main and i only played ranked with priest so far. But im kinda bored and trying to save dust for another deck. 200 dust counts so im not hesitant to craft and test myself:( Well, my fellow priests, every opinion counts. Thank you all in advance
Reply Quote
08/20/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Teysha
Is mass dispel a good spell now

Now???

It was never anything but a great spell.

Not sure if I'd run two, though, considering it's a 4 mana spell. I think one is plenty.
Edited by WanYao on 8/20/2014 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/20/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Teysha
Is mass dispel a good spell now

Now???

"It was never anything but garbage."

Corrected the misspelling. ;)
Reply Quote
Now is the time to run 2x mass dispel. It's a great counter to not one, but two or possibly three decks that are arguably part of the new meta. With the addition of ooze now in all kinds of decks, it's definitely a spell that is seeing it's day.
Reply Quote
It needs ~3 minions to silence for it to get value (the value of a silence is ~1 mana if you compare it to keeper of the grove's silence or 2 dmg, or ~2 points in health as seen from a 2/1 owl vs. 2/3, or 4/3 spellbreaker vs. 4/5, which is also about 1 mana). The value a silence gets of course, differs.

For 4 mana it seems kind of clunky, because there needs to be a pretty scary board in order for you to use it. But if you need to silence one minion and that's all you have it's really not worth it.
Reply Quote
I would be suprised to see either of them getting a decent amount of play. Shade is super slow and Ooze would be used as a non AOE resilient, non-beast version of Haunted Creeper
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 06:45 AMPosted by Redoing
I would be suprised to see either of them getting a decent amount of play. Shade is super slow and Ooze would be used as a non AOE resilient, non-beast version of Haunted Creeper

Your mileage may vary I guess. I'm seeing the Ooze buffed endlessly since the buff copies for free. It's a much stronger card than many are taking credit for. Two minions and double the power of a buff? That's value.
Edited by Cowboy on 8/21/2014 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]