Secrets deck without Secretkeeper

I was wondering what you guys think about secretkeeper. I have been running a deathrattle/secret mage deck with undertaker, mad scientist, some deathrattles, kirin tor, ethereal, about 8 secrets.

I currently don't have secretkeeper in my deck and I don't know if it's worth adding. It's very similiar to undertaker except it never seems to snowball very well for me. It may help a bit in the secret mage/secret hunter matchup but their secrets often get placed with mad scientist anyway.
Reply Quote
Some like her, some don't.

I like her because it's one more buffable minion to deal with in a Secret deck. If they waste a cheap removal or silence on her it's one they don't have for Mana Wyrm, and vice versa. Plus she's not a bad Duplicate.

Also, as you pointed out she can be used defensively against Hunters and Paladins.

She's very much a "your mileage may vary" card, just like Undertaker. I don't use him, for example, because right now I don't play enough Deathrattles to justify it.

Run her and see how she fits. You said you have eight secrets which might be a little on the high side, see if you can drop one or two of them.
Reply Quote
I run double duplicate, double mirror image, double counterspell, ice block, and 1 ice barrier. Is that too much? I know ice barrier is considered low tier but the extra health has saved me a few times.
Reply Quote
My issue with Ice Barrier is it's a very passive play no matter when you use it. I honestly think that a Spellbender would be a better choice as it's more difficult to spring and is great for buffing SK or EA.

Secret Keeper is very much a judgment call on your part. I prefer to use Faerie Dragon, they make developing a board with counterspell and spellbender easier. This can give you an edge against removal when you start plaint targetable minions.
Edited by Peripatetic on 8/20/2014 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll give spell bender a try, it would be pretty nice to protect my EA. Ice barrier is passive but with this meta I find myself needing the HP against hunters and rogues.
Reply Quote
I run double duplicate, double mirror image, double counterspell, ice block, and 1 ice barrier. Is that too much? I know ice barrier is considered low tier but the extra health has saved me a few times.

I assume you mean Mirror Entity. How are you finding that? Pre-Naxx I hardly ever ran it because it was too inconsistent.

That said, with all the new Naxx minions and fewer "throwaway" minions, Entity seems like it might be worth it.

On the other hand, if you end up with a useless minion from it, it still sucks. Doubly so if it ends up taking Duplicate from another minion you like better.
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 09:58 AMPosted by Firemane
I assume you mean Mirror Entity. How are you finding that? Pre-Naxx I hardly ever ran it because it was too inconsistent.

I agree with you there. I run double vaporize instead, which is especially nice with the addition of duplicate. Now I can draw almost exactly what I want provided I make the right trades and removal.
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 09:58 AMPosted by Firemane

That said, with all the new Naxx minions and fewer "throwaway" minions, Entity seems like it might be worth it.

On the other hand, if you end up with a useless minion from it, it still sucks. Doubly so if it ends up taking Duplicate from another minion you like better.

I find that mirror entity rarely is that bad. Sometimes they will drop a 1 cost minion but there are many decks without that many cheap minions. They can't assume every secret that I play is mirror entity. My deck is pretty fast on getting on the board so it may be a long time before they attack my hero and I get any use out of vaporize.
Reply Quote
Here's my version =) I titled it Witness protection... you have creatures live that would always get eaten by removal and be pretty unplayable in other situations (like hogger/questing adventurer/etc) And you've got enough early game that people will think you're pure rush, but it's just to hold off the crazy people long enough to get the witnesses in place.

2x Frostbolt
2x Amani Berserker
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Loot hoarder (might change for arcane intellect later, but it helps with the rush decks)
2x Mad Scientist
2x Unstable Ghoul
2x Counterspell
2x Spellbender
1x Duplicate
2x Questing Adventurer
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Etheral Arcanist
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Hogger
2x Flamestrike
1x Ragnaros
1x Alexstraza
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]