Yeti's or Senjins?

Hey there!

I've been swapping between yeti's and senjins as my 4-drop (other than keeper and spellbreaker).

Sometimes having 4 attack is nicer than 3. For example a yeti on board plus a swipe kills a Deathlord. Or a Yeti plus a hero power attack kills Loatheb.

But other times I need the taunt to block lethal, and so senjin is nicer.

It really comes down to the meta.

Vs control decks (priest, warrior, etc) I prefer Yeti

Vs rushy and burst decks (hunter, zoo, miracle rogue, shaman) I prefer senjin.

What do you guys prefer from these two??
Reply Quote
Currently running 2 Sen'jin and one Yeti. Two sen'jin for extra support against hunters. Plus the fact that in this meta there are more small minions being run than midrange minions, which is why I chose this setup. I think two Yeti is always a bit too much, one Yeti and one Sen'jin is what I was running before the dawn of OP hunter :p
Reply Quote
Yep, I'm running one yeti and one senjin :) It happens that I often have both my 4-drops in hand, so I can make a choice.

Also in my 6-slot I was debating whether to take 2 golden sunwalkers (lucky packs!) or 1 sunwalker and 1 cairne - I eventually decided on 1 sunwalker and 1 cairne after seeing a lot of warriors (Brawl, etc) and hunters (Deadly shot, hunter mark, kill command).
Reply Quote
Hmm I run 2 Yetis. That 4 attack just kills a lot of minions and Innervating Yeti is stronger than Innverating a Senjin. But this is a really hard choice.

08/22/2014 01:06 AMPosted by xBobz
Currently running 2 Sen'jin and one Yeti. Two sen'jin for extra support against hunters. Plus the fact that in this meta there are more small minions being run than midrange minions, which is why I chose this setup. I think two Yeti is always a bit too much, one Yeti and one Sen'jin is what I was running before the dawn of OP hunter :p

Are there not enough 4 health minions in a Hunter deck that makes Senjins better in this matchup? Aside from the Taunt it gives of course. I really don't like Hunters these days, so I want to be sure if Senjins really make that difference instead of Yeti. Because Yetis are just good on other matchups.

Oh we also have Zoo... Senjin is quite good in that matchup since they have a lot of 3 health and less minions.

Okay now I don't know what to go for >_<

08/22/2014 03:35 AMPosted by FarqTheOrc
Yep, I'm running one yeti and one senjin :) It happens that I often have both my 4-drops in hand, so I can make a choice.

Also in my 6-slot I was debating whether to take 2 golden sunwalkers (lucky packs!) or 1 sunwalker and 1 cairne - I eventually decided on 1 sunwalker and 1 cairne after seeing a lot of warriors (Brawl, etc) and hunters (Deadly shot, hunter mark, kill command).

Do you find running 1 Senjin and 1 Yeti good?

I did 1x Cairne and 1x Sunwalker too. Since I have Kel'Thuzad in my deck, Cairne looks nice in there.
Edited by Raycab on 8/23/2014 7:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
At the moment I suggest that you either run 2 Sen'jins, 1 Sen'jin and 1 Yeti, or 2 Sen'jins and 1 Yeti. I currently run the last one, although I have seen a rise in Warriors and Priests which may mean that 2 Yeti 1 Sen'jin could be an option.
Reply Quote
Depends on which deck you run. In Watcher you definitely want the Yetis as you have 4-6(with or without Power of the Wild/s) ways to give your minions taunt when you need to. In Token it's either Yeti or none of them, depends on the Token version. In Ramp it depends on the meta and which emphasizes you made in your Ramp deck, for example if you outfitted it more to deal with aggro than you'd prefer Yetis, if you outfitted it more to deal with control than you'd refer Shieldmastas.
Reply Quote
Neither one will do you any good in the current meta, sadly. As a druid, you're going to get overrun by endless deathrattle shamans for the next few months and free-trap hunters.
Reply Quote
08/23/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Died
Neither one will do you any good in the current meta, sadly. As a druid, you're going to get overrun by endless deathrattle shamans for the next few months and free-trap hunters.

These two matchups are just really bad. Though there's a decline in Shamans due to the rise of Hunters. That's a good way to see it. Nevertheless, these are the two classes you wont smile the second your match gets introduced.
Reply Quote
Yeah I learned that the hard way over the last few days.

To beat hunter: Healing Touch, Unstable Ghoul, Ragnaros, lots of taunts (senjins, sludgers, sunwalekrs).

To beat shaman: Thalnos (for swipe), a 3rd silence (Spellbreaker), Spectral Knights (hex proof).

And, actually, I have been toying with the idea of Starfire (5 damage to take out fire elementals or savannah lions).
Reply Quote
I swapped a Yeti for a Sen'jin recently and I started to win on hunters! It's also been fantastic on Druids/Mages/Rogues and it hasn't hurt my tempo on control warriors.
Reply Quote
I've actually dropped both Yetis and Senjins for more 5 slots, a Yeti pales in comparison to a Spectral Knight/DOTC/Azure Drake while a Senjin pales in comparison to a SludgeBelcher/DOTC. To compensate I run two unstable ghouls for taunt and the 1 damage AOE which helps clear Zoo and Hunter Buzzard/COTW.
Reply Quote
unstable ghoul is bad, srsly
Reply Quote
Try the new ooze as a two drop. Works well with marks 2 3/4s at turn 4 is really cool.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]