kel'thuzad in a druid deck?

Anyone tried him yet? (Or will try him, as soon as you acquire him?)

What kind of deck would he work best in?
I'd imagine a taunt heavy druid deck probably?
Reply Quote
Yep, taunt heavy ramp.

If you can get down, say, Loatheb or a Sunwalker, next turn Kel'Thuzad allows you to trade the mid cost minion and get it back.

Plus he is out of BGH range, and if they silence him - so what? you have a 6/8 body on the field.
Reply Quote
Playing at rank 9, just crushed 2 priest with Kel'thuzad in my ramp druid deck.
Reply Quote
This card has just revamped ramp Druid after two weeks of unfriendly meta.
It's really good, if you can loatheb+anything the turn before, as farq said, but also if you have any good board(especially with Caine and others hard-to-kill minions)
Reply Quote
Cairne and Sludge Belcher will duplicate twice if you trade them with KT out, right?

Im going to swap my Ysera for KT tonight and give this bad boy a whirl.

Loved his emotes in single player btw - classy guy.!
Reply Quote
What do you mean with "duplicate twice"? If you kill Cairne once while Kel is out, at the end of the turn you will have a Baine and a Cairne.
Reply Quote
08/20/2014 08:26 AMPosted by Tenletters
What do you mean with "duplicate twice"? If you kill Cairne once while Kel is out, at the end of the turn you will have a Baine and a Cairne.

He meant:
Will duplicate twice meaning, that new Cairne will bring out a new Baine "again" (since Baine is also a 4/5, he used the word duplicate). That new Belcher will bring out a new token "again".
Reply Quote
echoing ooze mid range token paying off better so far
Edited by Rittz on 8/20/2014 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm using him in a bit of a midrange/ramp. He works best behind taunts.

He works best in a heavy combo deck so I'm also running Azure Drakes for card draw.
Reply Quote
Rag was the only bgh target in my deck and was too rng dependant for my taste so i replaced him with KT. So far i'm not missing rag. He is much less situational than i assumed
Reply Quote
I'm running a druid taunt deck and I actually never thought of putting Kel'Thuzad in until I read these forum posts. Bringing back all my taunts is just wonderful. Going to go put him in now
Reply Quote
I'm in love with Kel, been using him in my dr00d's control deck since last night.

Played smartly, he is pretty much an autowin. your opponent HAS to remove him within 1-2 turns max, or it's over. You won.
Reply Quote
Hi there !

since my first sight on KT, i want to use him in a deck, and drood ramp with taunt looks appropriate to put him in :)

But, i have to free a spot for this new card... here is my classic deck : http://www.hearthstone-decks.com/deck/voir/vous-ne-passerez-pas-8694 (sorry, cards name are in french) The first thing that come in my mind is to switch Ragna for KT, but i fear to miss the firelord ^^ Any advice ?
Edited by Nebukhad on 8/21/2014 1:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 01:44 AMPosted by Nebukhad
Hi there !

since my first sight on KT, i want to use him in a deck, and drood ramp with taunt looks appropriate to put him in :)

But, i have to free a spot for this new card... here is my classic deck : http://www.hearthstone-decks.com/deck/voir/vous-ne-passerez-pas-8694 (sorry, cards name are in french) The first thing that come in my mind is to switch Ragna for KT, but i fear to miss the firelord ^^ Any advice ?

Probably the cairne or one of the sunwalkers/belchers depending on what you face most in ladder. Having deathrattle guys like cairne and belchers increases KT's effectiveness though, probably one of the sunwalkers.
Edited by Barbarossa on 8/21/2014 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 04:50 AMPosted by Barbarossa
Hi there !

Probably the cairne or one of the sunwalkers/belchers depending on what you face most in ladder. Having deathrattle guys like cairne and belchers increases KT's effectiveness though, probably one of the sunwalkers.

or maybe an ancient of war ? i think he don't work very well with KT and repop as a vanilla 5/5.
Reply Quote
Hi there !

How about replacing the two ancient of war for one KT and one sylvanna?
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 05:30 AMPosted by Nebukhad
08/21/2014 04:50 AMPosted by Barbarossa

or maybe an ancient of war ? i think he don't work very well with KT and repop as a vanilla 5/5.

Yes dotc and aow repops as 4/4 and 5/5 so aow is the weak link if your first priority is KT synergy. I like running two aows though.
Reply Quote
Played two hours yesterday with kel in my deck, i drew him two times (other than mulliging in opening hand) and i couldn't play him. didn't have a chance to even try it out.

Just the way the games were going in my ramp deck, i don think he would of been helpful.

Perhaps a token deck he is more helpful.
Reply Quote
Also FYI, somebody did use Kel on me yesterday in a druid deck.

If you use kel and your ancient of war dies, ancient of war comes back as a 5/5 without taunt..I won the game because of that, if not, i would of lost.
Reply Quote
I just had fun with him.

Baine
Cairne
Fuegan
Thallinos
KT

all up at the same time. Was hilarious looking.

Please forgive misspellings of card names.
Edited by Bythedar on 8/21/2014 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]