Secret Deck, Spell heavy

Guys I thought I would post a secret deck I've been playing that's been pretty fun.

It's incredibly spell heavy which synergizes with apprentice/mana wyrm. In fact it only has 11 minions, with duplicate I feel that this is enough, and every card is a good duplicate target.

arcane missles x2
mana wyrm x2
frostbolt x2
sorceror apprentice x2
thalnos x1
mad scientist x2
Arcane intellect x2
kirin tor x2
duplicate x2
counterspell x2
mirror entity x2
spell bender x 1
ice block x 1
fireball x2
polymorph x1
ethereal arcanist x2
Flamestrike x2 (zoo and shaman can get out of control around turn 7 sometimes)

One change I am considering is with mirror entity. Sometimes it can be great, other times not only does it give you a bad minion, you get a duplicated bad minion (same for spell bender + duplicate). It can be really interesting though, one game I got to use 5 aldor peacekeepers because of it.
Edited by sirlala on 8/25/2014 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ive found mirror entity to be more trouble than help. sure, there are awesome times when you copy a 13/11 void terror, but most of the time, its a cheap minion that costs less than 3 mana to begin with. duplicate is also iffy..i might keep 1 max, but otherwise id secure a 2nd iceblock.

I think you might benefit from a 5/6 drop as well
Reply Quote
08/25/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Adlovett
ive found mirror entity to be more trouble than help. sure, there are awesome times when you copy a 13/11 void terror, but most of the time, its a cheap minion that costs less than 3 mana to begin with. duplicate is also iffy..i might keep 1 max, but otherwise id secure a 2nd iceblock.

I think you might benefit from a 5/6 drop as well

I only lay duplicate late game. their hand is usually almost empty and they're FORCED to drop something big/good.
Reply Quote
you mean mirror entity?
its no good vs zoo type decks, and even the popular midrange hunter saves cheap minions late in the game - plus mad scientist compromises you often
Reply Quote
My deck is somewhat attempting to rush board control and get EA out when you have board control and they are protected by counterspell or spell bender.

Sometimes it works out great. If you start to get behind on board control or card count it can spiral downward as you have to make inefficient plays and it's hard to recover.

I might add deathwing just as a fall back option because of those games where you get behind and have no chance to come back. works well with duplicate and counterspell.

Would probably replace 2nd flamestrike with him.
Reply Quote
I've been playing around with a deck that uses few minions and stages Duplicate for Leeroy Jenkins. That has been fun and more reliable to set up than I would have thought. I think Duplicate can be used to good effect if staged properly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]