"Peaked" at rank 5

I came up w/ a secrets deck using 6 secrets. I do great against other Mages, Hunters, Druids, Shamans and Warriors but having a hard time with Miracle Rogues and Warlock Zoo. I'm about even with Paladins and Priests.

I peaked at rank 4 and keep going back and forth between 5 - 6. I feel like I have about "capped" though. I got to 1 star away from Rank 4 and then went on a losing streak running into Warlocks, Rogues and a 2 bad draws against Paladins. I don't run into a lot of other mages out there.

Are mages just not viable at the top ranks? Have that many of them made Ledendary recently?

I'm open to any advice because I've been "stuck" for the last 2 days and its getting a bit frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Jeterey on 8/26/2014 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ive been stuck in the same 4-6

however, i only see hunters - i seem to do fine against everyone else, but only 50/50 vs hunters - and they make up 70% of my games

i havent seen any mages in a week or so
Reply Quote
I've been playing a lot the past few days -- am currently rank 3 after peaking at rank 2. I think in ~40 games I've met 1 other mage, and yes I'd say it's at least 50% hunters....seems to get worse at higher ranks also.

Had a nice win streak this morning where nothing gave me trouble...now I'm back to losing quite a bit.
Reply Quote
Counterspell in a secrets deck has been a lifesaver against hunters. It stops their traps and if you have more than one secret out it also stops their flare so you don't lose everything. I like the hunter match ups its just a few of the other ones that seem to string together. I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point.
Reply Quote
I've been playing a lot the past few days -- am currently rank 3 after peaking at rank 2. I think in ~40 games I've met 1 other mage, and yes I'd say it's at least 50% hunters....seems to get worse at higher ranks also.

Same for me, i peeked at rank 2 but currently rank 3, and mostly 50% hunters in ~30 games.

I've met 2 mages, both undertaker deck.

My current deck isn't that bad against hunter. The games I lose are a real massacre with nothing I could do, but I'm pretty sure I'm above 50% winrate... Ironicaly, what kills me is the healadins/ tempo priests who constantly wipe my board and heal the damage I dealt.
Edited by Nawasty on 8/27/2014 4:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]