Navigating around Miracle?

Just wanted to see some thoughts on what I could of done, seems very difficult if not impossible to have done anything which blows, but anyways here is what happend:

Turn 7

Auctioneer 5,
Deadly Poison 1, Card
Shadow Step 1 Card

His board is clear, so I threw down a taunt for 5, Hero powered to face.

Turn 8

Auctioneer 3
Cold Blood 1 Card
Edwin 3
Conceal 1 Card

I can't target either minion since they are stealthed, and while I did have flamestrike in deck I had not drawn into it just yet. I was at 28 Health+2 Armour. After his turn I hit for face with minion, frost bolt his hero to prevent him from using weapon+poison, and threw down another minion+hero power.

Turn 9

Shive 2 for Card
Preparation for 0 + Card
Fan of Knives for 0 Card+Card
Preparation for 0 + Card
Eviserate for 0 + Card
Sap for 2 + Card Removes my taunt.
Leeroy for 4
Shadow Step Leeroy for 0 + Card
Coin for 1 mana + Card
Leeroy for 2
Sinister Strike for 1 + Card

Total damage: 1 (Shiv) +4(Eviserate) +6(Leeroy)+6 (Leeroy)+3 (Sinister Strike) +8(Auctioneer), 6 (Edwin)

34 Damage. 10 Cards drawn. (4 damage Overkill) Almost went into Fatigue from card draw.

How do I counter this, seems almost impossible. I also had Iceblock, Polymorph and it seems that if you don't draw into these cards by his turn there is nothing you can do. :(

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
He was lucky - if you play a miracle rogue, you'll find that type of play rarely happens.

The best you can do is clear auctioneer asap (less card draw makes for bad miracles) and hope they don't draw the perfect hand.

Also, put enough pressure early on so they are forced to use their cheap removal spells on your minions, rather than saving them for the auctioneer.
Reply Quote
Ice Block - 3 mana
Reply Quote
08/25/2014 11:29 AMPosted by Athiest
Just wanted to see some thoughts on what I could of done, seems very difficult if not impossible to have done anything which blows, but anyways here is what happend:

Turn 7

Auctioneer 5,
Deadly Poison 1, Card
Shadow Step 1 Card

His board is clear, so I threw down a taunt for 5, Hero powered to face.

Turn 8

Auctioneer 3
Cold Blood 1 Card
Edwin 3
Conceal 1 Card

I can't target either minion since they are stealthed, and while I did have flamestrike in deck I had not drawn into it just yet. I was at 28 Health+2 Armour. After his turn I hit for face with minion, frost bolt his hero to prevent him from using weapon+poison, and threw down another minion+hero power.

Turn 9

Shive 2 for Card
Preparation for 0 + Card
Fan of Knives for 0 Card+Card
Preparation for 0 + Card
Eviserate for 0 + Card
Sap for 2 + Card Removes my taunt.
Leeroy for 4
Shadow Step Leeroy for 0 + Card
Coin for 1 mana + Card
Leeroy for 2
Sinister Strike for 1 + Card

Total damage: 1 (Shiv) +4(Eviserate) +6(Leeroy)+6 (Leeroy)+3 (Sinister Strike) +8(Auctioneer), 6 (Edwin)

34 Damage. 10 Cards drawn. (4 damage Overkill) Almost went into Fatigue from card draw.

How do I counter this, seems almost impossible. I also had Iceblock, Polymorph and it seems that if you don't draw into these cards by his turn there is nothing you can do. :(

Any ideas?

What deck are you playing? What did you do until turn 7? What cards were in your hand? We can have many ideas but we have no information whatsoever to work with, so it's pretty hard...
Reply Quote
He got lucky and you were unlucky. Next time, more minions on the board in the early game to get him to waste his spells. Use secrets like counterspell - and even mirror entity will help.
Reply Quote
Sometimes... it just happens.
Reply Quote
Loatheb, dude. Or save a Fireball/Polymorph/Flamestrike/Spellbreaker for Auctioneer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]