Why is mage still in the game?

Hi, I wonder why you have not removed the mageclass yet :/

Everything about the class is severely broken (at least looking in arena).
At least you havent even made a notice to a upcoming nerf.

What is going on blizzard?
I'm loosing faith!

//sad.
Reply Quote
Learn to play against the class, they arent op at all, every class is op in their own way
Reply Quote
08/26/2014 07:31 AMPosted by Epicmeal
Everything about the class is severely broken (at least looking in arena).

The game isn't balanced around Arena, by Blizzard's own admission. Arena by its nature is unbalanced. Random draws and all that add a lot more variance than you see in constructed, so there really is no way to truly balance it.

About the only thing they could do to alleviate the concerns about Mage in Arena is to make Flamestrike a rare card so it's not showing up as much in Arena draws, but that has implications of its own. Like, what becomes the Mage basic to replace FS? If it's Blizzard then everyone starts complaining about that. If it's not Blizzard then new players get screwed as now they have to open/craft both of Mage's key AOE cards, whereas existing players at least got FS for free. Speaking of that, would existing players then get to disenchant FS, for free dust that new players wouldn't get?

Maybe, there are ways to solve all those issues, but honestly I suspect you'll have to live with Mages in Arena the way they are. Long term, two out of three times Arena players won't be able to select Mage, and one out of three times YOU will be able to select Mage and enjoy being "OP" for an Arena run (if Mages are in fact OP there, which is debateable). That's how you get your balance.

P.S. Spare me the "I have too much self respect to pick Mage" BS. If you intentionally gimp yourself that's on you, not Blizzard.
Reply Quote
08/26/2014 07:59 AMPosted by Nozarashi
Learn to play against the class, they arent op at all, every class is op in their own way

Exactly!

Fireball and Poly removing all your big guys? Bait them. I've never had problem with those.

Firestrike wiping your minions? Don't drop your minions around turn 7. Also never had problem with that card.

Fireblast pinging your 1 health minions and popping your divine shields? Deal with it. As you would against druids and rogues.

I really have no idea what else could be causing problems!
Reply Quote
In arena, I agree that mage is one of the best class but when it comes to constructed ...mage is pretty weak. It's not even close to 6th best class when it comes to constructed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]