How to handle Savannah Lion

The best way I found to handle Savannah Lion is to have 4 or 5 damage minion already on board (Yeti, Spectral Knight, DotC, Loatheb) and a Silence in hand (Keeper, Spellbreaker).

Usually, I just silence the savannah lion and trade a minion into it (supported by Wrath if I need).

Or if I am sure they used both hunters mark, I just play Ancient of War.

What do you guys do?
Edited by FarqTheOrc on 8/25/2014 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Usually try to do the same, silence and try to clear it. Sometimes difficult still if i dont have swipe/wrath in hand.

Was thinking about using tink if only the highmane is on the board.
Reply Quote
Hope you had a good enough start to have something on board AND have silence or die.
Reply Quote
silence or tbk+mark
Reply Quote
Dwarf and BGH
Reply Quote
If I have something on board (like a keeper), I have been experimenting with STARFIRE on the savannah Lion.

Then the keeper can take out one of the 2/2's, and you're left with just one 2/2.

Has anyone tried this? It also reinforces the card advantage a little bit.

Another Idea I had was FROST ELEMENTAL, the minion nobody uses, 6 mana, 5/5 with battlecry: freeze a character. So: Frost Elemental -> Freeze Savannah Lion. Next turn: silence lion, trade frost elemental into it... thoughts, good idea / bad idea?
Reply Quote
2marks a black knight and the BGH. Add an iron dwarf to the mix and you should be able to handle the lion. A mark plus BGH can shoot down a lion by turn 5, so you could potentially be ready for it to drop! Personally I like the dwarf because after killing the lion you have the drops ready to finish off the leftovers whereas with the mark you only finish the lion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]