Successful Murloc Druid Deck

Hi fellow druids,

I've been dreaming about making a Murloc rush deck since news of Hearthstone broke, and now that I've been lucky enough to be part of the beta, I'd like to share one that I've had vast success with. As a disclaimer, I am in no way saying this is the best deck or anything of the sort; it's just a deck I thoroughly enjoy playing and have had accumulated a great win/loss ratio with.

The focus of this deck is to get murlocs out as quickly as possible, then to buff them with Druid-specific spells. A few taunt minions accompany them to take the focus off of your primary damage dealers. The deck with a few explanations:

0 - Innervate (2): It is amazing to have this in conjunction with The Coin; you'd be surprised at how many murlocs you can get on the board very early.
1 - Naturalize (1): I keep this to destroy the opponents' scariest/tankiest minions.
1 - Grimscale Oracle (2)
1 - Murloc Tidecaller (2)
1 - Shieldbearer (1): An early taunt minion does wonders to protect your weak murlocs.
1 - Young Priestess (1): I like having this since murlocs don't have much health to begin with; if you pull her early the added health really stacks. Plus, she takes some focus off of your murlocs.
2 - Wrath (1): 3 damage can take care of minions you don't want to run your murlocs into; or just the draw power alone makes this card worth it.
2 - Bluegrill Warrior (2)
2 - Ironbeak Owl (1): Save for those pesky taunt minions.
2 - Murloc Tidehunter (2)
3 - Mark of Nature (1): This card makes one of your murlocs extremely powerful, or it can be used defensively on one of your tankier minions.
3 - Savage Roar (2): No explanation needed; this is what makes a Druid murloc deck so scary.
3 - Coldlight Oracle (2)
3 - Coldlight Seer (2)
3 - Murloc Warleader (2)
4 - Swipe (2): This enables you to get rid of threats, as well as to help you transition into the late game if your murlocs get cleared.
4 - Old Murk-Eye (1)
5 - Nourish (1): The +3 card draw power is amazing if your board happens to get wiped clean or if you're having terrible luck drawing murlocs.
5 - Starfall (1): To help you finish off a hero/large minion or to help you clear their board.
10 - Deathwing (1): If the game goes this long, Deathwing will guarantee a victory if you can get him onto the field.

Most games are won at turn 4/5, and as long as you're able to wither away at your opponent's health in the early game, a board clear shouldn't be too much of an issue with the defenses this deck offers.

The biggest counters I've seen come from mages who draw all of their board clear cards early, or from decks that contain many smaller taunt minions (mainly priest/hunter decks).

I am open to any and all feedback (constructive, please!), and I hope others enjoy the Murloc Rush Deck as much as I do!
Edited by babymaker on 8/22/2013 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
May the force be with you young murlock. But srsly this deck is beast. Kinda think it's better with shaman becouse of totems and other crap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgRAlkpxJw
Reply Quote
Can't argue with you on that one, totems + heroism really make this deck shine with the shaman hero. I've just always liked playing druids :)
Reply Quote
I would suggest scrapping the "I play these mid/late game" cards and just go fullboard aggro, the deck would probably be more luckbased then, but you can win on turn 4.
Reply Quote
@Hollowninja: I just updated the post with the cards I currently run with as I've acquired new ones since first posting, but yeah most of my games are won by turn 4/5.
Reply Quote
Thanks for this! I'm still installing the beta but I'll try making this deck once I get the game running!
Reply Quote
08/24/2013 07:28 PMPosted by Donzyy
Thanks for this! I'm still installing the beta but I'll try making this deck once I get the game running!

No problem! Obviously when you first start out, you won't have cards like Deathwing or Murk-eye or the Warleaders; just make sure you focus on getting all of the murlocs first. Once I had the majority of this deck in place, I steamrolled to Diamond before I had the urge to play other classes.

I hope you have a ton of success with this deck as well!
Reply Quote
10 - Deathwing (1): If the game goes this long, Deathwing will guarantee a victory if you can get him onto the field.

Every Deathwing drop I've seen has ended in a loss for the player dropping him :P

I've noticed most murloc decks have drawing problems, how do you deal with that?
Edited by Broloth on 9/3/2013 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow this sounds great! I will have to try it out.
Reply Quote
I use something similar to your deck OP. I have had pretty good success with my deck too.

I also use a Murloc Shock deck as well. Which imo is stronger due to a 5th round bloodlust win possibility. The druid deck I made is almost as fast and some fun too ;p

Here is my Druid Murloc deck:

2x Innervate
2x Moonfire (although I might change this to something else, not sure)
2x Wrath
2x Mark of the Wild
2x Power of the Wild
2x Mark of Nature

2x Grimscale Oracle
2x Murloc Raider
2x Murloc Tidecaller
2x Bluegill Warrior
2x Murloc Tidehunter
2x Coldlight Seer
2x Flesheating Ghoul
2x Murloc Warleader
1x Old Murk-Eye
1x Hogger

Enjoy!
Reply Quote
I primarily play Druid, however I am a big fan of my Shaman Murloc deck. Reading this I shall look into a Druid Murloc deck. Seems a lot of fun. Thanks! :D
Reply Quote
I have to say ... I am loving this deck! I just got my beta ticket a few days ago and was really eager to play the druid (my main class in WoW). This deck is netting me a great win ratio (not pro or anything, but good for a casual player) and is really fun to play. It is an aggressive playstyle that is engaging. One question though ... I seem to be having a card issue. I feel that I need more card draw, but I do not know where to substitute within the deck. Any comments from the masses (constructive please)?

*edit* I am not using Deathwing btw ... I don't have that card.
Edited by Wendrake on 10/19/2013 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I use something similar to your deck OP. I have had pretty good success with my deck too.

I also use a Murloc Shock deck as well. Which imo is stronger due to a 5th round bloodlust win possibility. The druid deck I made is almost as fast and some fun too ;p

Here is my Druid Murloc deck:

2x Innervate
2x Moonfire (although I might change this to something else, not sure)
2x Wrath
2x Mark of the Wild
2x Power of the Wild
2x Mark of Nature

2x Grimscale Oracle
2x Murloc Raider
2x Murloc Tidecaller
2x Bluegill Warrior
2x Murloc Tidehunter
2x Coldlight Seer
2x Flesheating Ghoul
2x Murloc Warleader
1x Old Murk-Eye
1x Hogger

Enjoy!

i tried this with some changes:

- 2 moonfire
+2 savage roar

- 1 Hogger ( dont have it but it dies most of times in the same round and has no charge/dont synergize this deck)
+ 1 force of nature (3x 2/2 with charge as finisher)
Reply Quote
Murloc decks never works for me. I almost never get any good cards and whenever I have them the opponent usually got a board wipe waiting for me. How can I play? Do I start putting them down fast or do I wait for a big mashup?
Reply Quote
I'd be interested in hearing the answer to this.

What I have done (3-0 so far) is sand bag for a few turns and then big bang things out.

I don't have all the cards from the lists above, but every once in awhile I'll toss out a non-Murloc sacrificial unit to distract. Ideal is when I have a unit with taunt, innervate coin and a bunch of murlocs.
Reply Quote
I didn't see this in the thread, but I wanted to mention that the merlocs you don't have aren't too expensive to craft.

** NOTE you will obtain Old Murk Eye (The legendary murloc) automatically once you own ALL merloc cards **

This deck is a blast to play, I like to start out with the one that is 2/1 and summons a 1/1 murloc,
Reply Quote
With an incomplete deck, here's a turn 5 win. Two savage roars in my hand really nailed it.

http://i.imgur.com/E7dvHoq.jpg
Reply Quote
I suggest getting a 'Leader of the Pack buff' instead of 1 savage roar.1 savage roar is enough when played at the right moment. 'Leader of the Pack' buff bonus is permanent and can be used early to help murlocs survive. Also,if you can get a 'Souls of the Forest' card in your deck,you will force enemy to use one more board clear card.
Edited by Tuurngait on 11/9/2013 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]