lord jaraxxus

please neft lord jaraxxus basically if you cant kill a warlock pre 9 mana crystals you lose because he summons 6-6 inferno every turn for nothing basically plus his hand nerf those infernos
Reply Quote
Hes also epic and rare as heck so =P
Reply Quote
Nope don't change a thing with Jarraxas. If you let the warlock get to that point in the game you are supposed to lose. I've seen games where the infernals come down and its still not enough to survive.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Lupii
Hes also epic and rare as heck so =P

I'm pretty sure he's legendary, if that helps. XD
Reply Quote
he is not overpowered if u allready controll the borad before he comes into play u will still win
Reply Quote
A mage with 1 Pyroblast and 1 Fireball can kill him easy... If you don't got the board control while enemy summons jaraxxus, you'll never get...
Reply Quote
Warlock is also one of the weakest early game heroes. It's an even trade off that he's really strong when he gets to 9 and drops Jaraxxus
Reply Quote
Actually, this card is too good. The infernals are what make it overkill. 6/6 infernals every hand plus whatever is in his hand is ridiculous (this not including the weapon). It's incredibly easy to get behind and a good lock player will burn through his HP if he has this card knowing how OP this character is.
Reply Quote
I think some of you are failing to realize that Jaraxxus also changes the heroes health to 15 regardless of your current life. So if you are below 15, you gain health. If you are above 15, you lose health.

When an enemy warlock plays jaraxxus, you need to change your strategy from "dealing with minions" to "race to kill him off". Kill any taunters on the board, and ignore the infernals he summons and just try to do as much damage to him as possible. He's at 15 health.

Against a mage thats one fireball and a pyroblast to the face.
Reply Quote
Dude, the card is too good. As far as a fireball and pyroblast to the face, thats extremely situational on top of being ONE class and having to have those cards available AND in your deck. You also have to have board control AND be able to survive a round. As a warlock i can burn through cards if i drew early knowing that I can switch to Jaraxxus. Jaraxxus deals 19 Damage all by himself in 2 rounds. This doesnt even include cards that are in hand. Not to mention the fact that this card basically heals you when you are below 15 hp. AND THIS IS IF THE WARLOCK IS LOSING. If the lock has board control and you are at 15 hp, its an IWIN to play the card regardless of his health.

TLDR: Basically you have to be dominating (obliterating) the Lock to win if this card is in their hand. I can't think of a single card that is even close to as strong as this one is. It needs to be toned down.
Edited by Hippy on 8/28/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Hippy
Jaraxxus deals 19 Damage all by himself in 2 rounds.

lol what? Infernals don't have charge, so the max he could do in 2 rounds is 12 damage. He is 9 cost, so you really can't play anything of meaning after playing him (and I'll tell you now, if you kept 'The Coin' in hand till you played jaraxxus, you're doing it wrong). Yes, you can use this minion to gain life. However, a max hp of 15 is easy to swing at 9-10 mana, especially if you have board control. If the lock played Jaraxxus he didn't wipe the board with hellfire/Twisting Nether, giving you an opportunity to swing.

There are plenty of negative aspects of 'rushing out' jaraxxus.

I'd be much more afraid of the locks who run lots of board wipe.
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus deals 19 Damage all by himself in 2 rounds.

lol what? Infernals don't have charge, so the max he could do in 2 rounds is 12 damage. He is 9 cost, so you really can't play anything of meaning after playing him (and I'll tell you now, if you kept 'The Coin' in hand till you played jaraxxus, you're doing it wrong). Yes, you can use this minion to gain life. However, a max hp of 15 is easy to swing at 9-10 mana, especially if you have board control. If the lock played Jaraxxus he didn't wipe the board with hellfire/Twisting Nether, giving you an opportunity to swing.

There are plenty of negative aspects of 'rushing out' jaraxxus.

I'd be much more afraid of the locks who run lots of board wipe.

You are right about the damage, its actually 15 including his weapon. But still thats tons of damage late game again outside of cards. Typically, games have a peak of damage (when many cards are still in players hands). When LJ comes out, typically there is no defense. Its a huge swing in the game when the player is losing. When winning its just lols.

Edit: and the overkill part of this card is that locks dont need it.
Edited by Hippy on 8/28/2013 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
its definitely 12 damage. 3 dam swing when he comes out, 6 from 1 infernal, 3 dam from another weapon hit (and he can only bring out an infernal the turn he comes out if you saved The Coin).

I wouldn't say its overkill. Its an extremely lategame wincon, meant for warlock control. IMO it fits perfectly onto the mana curve of control, and I don't see an aggro lock really needing him.
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus isn't OP or unbalanced and definitely not a turn 9 play auto-win. Assuming he is played turn 9, Infernal start affecting the board only at turn 11, they don't have taunt.

Jaraxxus is frustrating to play against and with because if the warlock is ahead on board it may very well seal the deal but if he is not in a good position he will die because he lost a 9 mana turn to be at 15health which is nothing for constructed deck at turn 9-11.
Reply Quote
The infernals come one turn at a time and don't have taunt. Don't see what the big deal is.
Reply Quote
If you're also playing a warlock just sacrificial pact jaraxus ,you win automatically
Reply Quote
i got a warlock down to 2 hp, i thought i had it in the bag next round... then lord comes out. didn't even know he existed...

got him back down to 2hp, but i lost the turn after... WOW
Reply Quote
I really like his design, but he's likely a little over the top. I wouldn't want to see any major changes, but he could cost 10 and still serve the same purpose.
Reply Quote
lord is pretty interesting. Maybe better with a summon focused deck?
Reply Quote
i got a warlock down to 2 hp, i thought i had it in the bag next round... then lord comes out. didn't even know he existed...

got him back down to 2hp, but i lost the turn after... WOW

Sounds like a great game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]