lord jaraxxus

- Hearthstone
Jaraxxus is far more balanced than he seems at first. The thing is, yes, if he hits the field and you don't kill the Warlock within a few turns, you'll never keep up with the flood of minions hitting the field. However, Jaraxxus takes up a full turn, brings the hero down to 15 health if they're above it, and essentially, you get to take no actions during that turn. And first Infernal can't act until turn 3 (relative to the time he's summoned). 15 health is not a lot in the endgame, so this long delay associated with Jaraxxus's "activation" is his weakness.

Thus, you just have to remember, the way to stop Jaraxxus is to keep up constant board pressure. A Warlock cannot transition into Jaraxxus if the opponent has board pressure on them because he'll die before they have a chance to stop using him, and they essentially have to skip a turn to bring him out.
Reply Quote

lol what? Infernals don't have charge, so the max he could do in 2 rounds is 12 damage. He is 9 cost, so you really can't play anything of meaning after playing him

Hello summoning portal.
Reply Quote
You have to remember first turn he comes out all the warlock (demon now I guess) can do only one 3 attack / 1 mana crystal to work with additionally, plus healing / losing whatever. Next turn he can bring a infernal down then use the remaining 8 however. At the third turn infernals start to kick in.

Unless he is completely in control of the board, bringing yourself down to 15 and skipping a turn at 9+ mana is a risky move. At this point you should completely focus bringing the demon down while stalling his own minions with whatever you can.

Mage can with the fire / pyro combo. Hunter can by throwing down King Krush and if he is unguarded, that's him done in two turns. Raggy could do it in the same time if the RNG gods are on your side. Of course there is Deathwing, if your really desperate. If you can throw down a lot of minions Sunfury protector can stall for quite a while, with the added bonus of hurting him if he try's to use his weapon. Same goes for bloodlust.

If you want to put it into WoW terms, enrage is hit, finish it off NOW. Quite fitting for a ledgendary.
Reply Quote
Yeah, well I played vs the same person twice, and he just saves twisted nether for after Lord J, and he basically took every single spell that 1 shots minions. I beat him the first time, but that was because he ran out of cards. I kept mind-controlling(2) the infernals or shadow word death(2). With but it wasn't easy to get any of my own minions, because he would still use spell to kill the mind-controlled infernals.

Second game his LJ came at like turn 10 and yeah got him to 7. It felt a bit crazy and too strong.
Reply Quote
He isn't too strong. He is strong, but as strong as other classes top cards.
If you let the warlock use LJ, you are doing it wrong - more times than not.
Pretty much, you deserve to lose most of the games LJ is popped. The warlock should be dead, the majority of times before then or at the very least crippled.
That being said, it isn't an automatic, OP, easy win, once played card either, that bad to below average players think.
Sometimes he can be popped, because the lock doesn't have control of the board and is being dominated.
All LJ is then, is a slower death card and a self inflicted troll.

This isn't warriors shield we are talking about, in my opinion, so OP it's broken.
Can only beat bad warriors, haven't beaten a solid warrior player yet.
Only been able to win, through the other players mistakes or poor play.
Reply Quote
Im thinking of moving LJ out of the deck tbh, feels he is actually holding me back than helping. It is only at those rare instances where the opponent let my 2 summonning portal survive till turn 7, with LJ in hand, that it becomes an advantage. LJ at turn 7 with infernal summoned. But even then, with 2 summoning portal it might be wiser to just use lock's hero power to put down even more minions anyways. a few more strong arms and lord of the arena and dragons and giants is better than LJ.
Reply Quote
I got this card in my first pack - after winning my first 'play mode' game.

What is this I dont even..
Reply Quote
Do none of you realize that jaraxxus is both a demon and a minion? he can suffer from sacrificial pact of another warlock--1 shotting jaraxxus and ending the match. Im fairly certain a warrior could execute him or a rogue could assassinate him based on that observation.
Reply Quote
i still get killed ... :( molten guy + a buffed random mob killed it just the next turn i poped him up .
I had a tank it just got silenced ... His far from auto win . To be usefull you still need too be in CONTROL of the field
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus is fine, L2p
Reply Quote
If you have board control then the Warlock will still likely lose after dropping Jaraxxus. If your have nothing on the board then you've probably already lost as it is so the issue doesn't like with Jaraxxus, it lies with your inability to maintain your board control. It's worth noting that Jaraxxus doesn't have taunt so if you have board control their is still an awesome chance that you can swing for lethal in the following turn.
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 02:07 AMPosted by Sophrosyne
Do none of you realize that jaraxxus is both a demon and a minion? he can suffer from sacrificial pact of another warlock--1 shotting jaraxxus and ending the match. Im fairly certain a warrior could execute him or a rogue could assassinate him based on that observation.

Jaraxxus replaces Gul'dan and becomes your hero, giving the Warlock a new hero power as well. Can a rogue assassinate a hero? Can a Warlock sacrifice a hero? No.
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Frisky

Jaraxxus replaces Gul'dan and becomes your hero, giving the Warlock a new hero power as well. Can a rogue assassinate a hero? Can a Warlock sacrifice a hero? No.

Except a Warlock CAN sacrifice a hero as Sacrificial Pact does work on Jaraxxus... He will also proc the Mirror Image Mage secret giving the Mage a 3/15 minion... I'm not sure about assassinate or execute as I have never seen that, but I have seen first hand that SP and MI both will work with LJ...
Reply Quote

Except a Warlock CAN sacrifice a hero as Sacrificial Pact does work on Jaraxxus... He will also proc the Mirror Image Mage secret giving the Mage a 3/15 minion... I'm not sure about assassinate or execute as I have never seen that, but I have seen first hand that SP and MI both will work with LJ...

Nonetheless assassinate and execute wont work as they specifically target "minions" and Jaraxxus is NOT a minion. Sacrificial Pact does seem to work but it wont stay that way for long although if you run into a Warlock who actually uses Sacrificial Pact then he has already lost anyways.

I do know that Jaraxxus can trigger a Paladins Repentance and he will have 1 health after he takes control of your hero. As it stands I see some cards getting reworked in the future so Jaraxxus is more viable. Personally I think he's a garbage card either way.
Edited by Frisky on 10/15/2013 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lord Jaraxxus is a extremely good card the first time you encounter it. It didn't even know it existed and had succeeded in getting the Warlock down to 4 with 20 health left with my Warrior. I'm building my warrior deck so it's not that hard hitting tbh.
Then WHAM on comes Lord Jaraxxus and get's "healed" to 15 and completely kills my game. Well Played to my opponent at the time :-) I still need one warrior win on the daily... ;)
Reply Quote
i got a warlock down to 2 hp, i thought i had it in the bag next round... then lord comes out. didn't even know he existed...

got him back down to 2hp, but i lost the turn after... WOW

Same happened to me. A good move! Although I did manage to take one down too, with the ability, so I guess it goes both ways.

Leave the card as it is, yes it's a pain to deal with later on, but if you're that far in the game with a warlock without controlling the board, you're in for a ride anyway :P
Reply Quote
Last match my opponent played Jaraxxus but I had a card to destroy his weapon and draw cards equal to it's health which gave me enough minions I could summon to swarm him.

Having a minion with a battlecry to give all minions charge was just pure cream.
Edited by Chaon on 10/18/2013 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had him before the wipe... now I got nothing!
Edited by ChrisDS on 10/18/2013 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Stormholt
A mage with 1 Pyroblast and 1 Fireball can kill him easy... If you don't got the board control while enemy summons jaraxxus, you'll never get...

If you have 1 pyro and 1 fireball..... you can kill him before he gets to JR.

That's what's wrong with ppl They think with there emotions.

Let me tell you: If you have 2 million dollars, you can buy a car. That's the sort of idea you passed.

Ppl pick one single, rare, best oucome situation and use it to explain that JR isn't OP.

Think before you post. No offense, I mean it logically.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]