lord jaraxxus

It's only broken when they have no health and then it heals them to 15, that's what annoys me the most
Reply Quote
Inferno's should behave just like the basic card and do 1 damage to all targets. (even lord Jaraxxus). That's fairly enough. (that way, we locks think twice before cast an Inferno to the battlefield.)
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Anthony
please neft lord jaraxxus basically if you cant kill a warlock pre 9 mana crystals you lose because he summons 6-6 inferno every turn for nothing basically plus his hand nerf those infernos

That's the only card that is awesome!

And i don't have it. :/ BTW What class do you play that Jaraxxus made you so angry that you want nay demand a nerf? :D
Reply Quote
[quote="97527879035"]
And i don't have it. :/ BTW What class do you play that Jaraxxus made you so angry that you want nay demand a nerf? :D

LoL
Reply Quote
OBLIVION!!!!!

Sorry, what were we talking about?
Reply Quote
A lock just killed me with Jar after I got him down to 1 hp.. Same story, didn't know the card existed.. Got me really frustrated :<
Reply Quote
There should be a "cost" to playing him like there is with other powerful Warlock cards. Discarding the Warlock's entire hand like Deathwing makes "flavor" sense because that was Gul'dan's hand not Jaraxxus'. Chances are you'd only be discarding a few cards at that point anyway, but it stops the Warlock from being able to play the 6/6 infernal and still have a lot more to play with the remaining 8 mana.

The odd thing is that I think options like this might be limited by not having enough space on the card for more Battlecry text.
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus is an incredibly hard card to play well because lowering yourself to 15hp in a lot of situations is suicidal if you dont actually have board advantage.

On the turn you use the card you use 9 mana for a 3 damage 'weapon' and 'reset' your hp to 50% of your original which would be ok except the infernal isint usable until 2 turns after (has good syngergy with shadowflame though).

Once you get a little bit more experience playing with the card esp vs decks with high burst potential jaraxxus would actually be about right in power if he cost 8 mana and allowed you to use either life tap or the infernal the turn he was played (if played at 10 mana ofc).
Reply Quote
I'd prefer to see Jaraxxus be immune when attacking, and I couldn't care what his hero ability is beyond that so long as it summons 3/3's or better.
Reply Quote
This card is just extremely hard to play against most of the time if you are relatively new at the game.
Edited by Hodgepodge on 11/18/2013 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
will bane of doom summon the card if its the only demon in your deck?

Do the internals created count as demons for sacrificial pact?
Reply Quote
bane of doom can only summon one of six demons:

Dread Infernal (Basic Set)
Succubus (Basic Set)
Voidwalker (Basic Set)
Blood Imp (Expert Set, Common)
Flame Imp (Expert Set, Common)
Felguard (Expert Set, Rare)

on top of that, a demon summoned by bane of doom doesn't trigger battlecry, so even if jaraxxus was on the list, he would not be able to replace your hero.

never tryed to sacrifice them, but my experience with defender of argus would say no, as playing the defender next to one infernal won't buff him with taunt and +1/+1
Edited by ChopperDX on 11/19/2013 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Chopper thats a bug, place it to the side of the infernal and it will buff them.

And yes sac pact works on them.
Reply Quote
Thing is, Jaraxxus takes 3 turns to really get going. You play him on one turn and you can use his weapon for 3 damage but that's it. On the next turn you can summon an Infernal but it can't attack, obviously. Only by the third turn can you really start laying into your opponent. Before the third turn Jaraxxus is basically just a heal + weapon that costs 9 mana.
Reply Quote
Come on! Those who say Jaraxxus isn't overpowered haven't played against it, but probably play it themselves.
Every time I face a Warlock they wipe the board first and then drop this hideous thing the next turn. Before you can do something about it, 6/6 Infernos will be oozing out of this guy’s peephole. Seriously Even 3/3 Inferno's would be strong. 6/6 creatures is just ridiculous.

The argument of Mages being able to kill him is BS as well. First of all. You'll need that one freakin' Pyroblast (which is on the border of being OP as well) Then you have to hope that the Warlock doesn’t whip out some healing creatures, and then you still need a fireball the next turn to finish him off. Come on! That not a realistic scenario. You get way more value out of Jaraxxus than you should. So I say either nerf this card or just change the text to: "You win the game" that's more appropriate for what he does.
Reply Quote
I think it could use some minor nerfs. 10 mana certainly, and probably lower the infernals to 5/5s. by the point of the game he drops, getting set to 15 health is more likely to be a heal then a loss (tho probably a small one). Maybe another nerf is that he cannot more then double your health... so you can drop him at 8 or more health and still function as normal, but no droping him at 1 health and getting a 14pt heal out of the deal (a 14pt heal is probably worth his 9 cost in and of itself)

And absolute bullox to the guy who tried to argue that his rarity balances him. Cards are balanced by being balanced, their rarity should never come in the equation for how much raw power a card should have.... balancing card power around rarity is a real unhealthy direction to take the game.
Reply Quote
This is insane. I had a really good hand vs a warlock and I was only able to bring him to 7 health before he summons this guy and it's gg. With all his damage spells and card wipes and just adding a couple of restore health battle cry creature; it's impossible to kill him before turn 9. I had a REALLY good start; he could have never stopped me without his ridiculous spells. I mean let's just count the cards he can use .. seriously, he can easily delay things till turn 9. Inferno doesn't have taunt. So? it's not like he can ONLY deploy a 6/6 demon at a cost of 2. He has 8 other resources to spend and other cards to play.
Reply Quote
08/23/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Anthony
nerf those infernos

Haha, look at this idiot
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 07:53 PMPosted by Tarek
This is insane. I had a really good hand vs a warlock and I was only able to bring him to 7 health before he summons this guy and it's gg. With all his damage spells and card wipes and just adding a couple of restore health battle cry creature; it's impossible to kill him before turn 9. I had a REALLY good start; he could have never stopped me without his ridiculous spells. I mean let's just count the cards he can use .. seriously, he can easily delay things till turn 9. Inferno doesn't have taunt. So? it's not like he can ONLY deploy a 6/6 demon at a cost of 2. He has 8 other resources to spend and other cards to play.

He's helpless turn nine. You should always be prepared for a turn nine jaraxus. I can't remember the last time someone played Jaraxus and didn't lose.
Reply Quote
nerf those infernos

Haha, look at this idiot

I'd say the only idiot in the thread is you, JackGates.

Jaraxus is absurdly overpowered. He's a last-ditch heal, on a class that doesn't have a ton of healing. He's arguably the best weapon in the game, on a class that doesn't have any weapons. He has hands down the most ridiculously OP hero ability in the game as well.

Once he's on the board, its a question of how much direct damage you have in your hand.

I find it laughable that people are quoting he's balanced by an absurdly rare hand combination of nonbasic cards. That's no way to balance a game.

Increase his mana cost, nerf the hell out of those infernos (i'd say 4/4s that deal 1 damage to everything on the board on cast) and then we might consider him to be a balanced card.

If Hearthstone had more direct damage cards available to all classes, we could entire the idea that setting player health to 15 might be proper balance. However, unless you're a mage, then dealing that much raw damage directly to the hero is very difficult to do, and only can be done is very few situations.
Edited by Euocursor on 11/21/2013 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]