lord jaraxxus

12/29/2013 05:25 PMPosted by JrShoe
Warlock is also one of the weakest early game heroes. It's an even trade off that he's really strong when he gets to 9 and drops Jaraxxus

You're either really terrible at this game or a very serious troll. Aggro locks are played so heavily for a reason.

Keep in mind that post was from over 4 months ago, the meta has changed, and people in general have explored more of the game's mechanics since then as well.
Reply Quote
2 mana for a 6/6 is retarded
otherwise he is fine

"but it's a 9 mana card and if u dont kill a 9 mana card u auto lose any way"

why cant i poly/assassinate/hex........ his !@# then
Reply Quote
I can only play max 2 6/6's when I Jaraxxus 'cause he's such a late-game card, when the game is nearly decided. So no, it's not a big deal. Gosh.
Reply Quote
lord jaraxxus can die to a 0 costing card sacafial past and it will make u loose if warlock vs warlock i lost 5 times this way
Reply Quote
lol but I like his greeting :P
Reply Quote
When your opponent plays Jarraxus I just put Ragnaros, and every turn he'll deal 8 damage to a random enemy....a legendary can be defeated either with another legendary or with head...Jarraxus is a legendary card, so he should have a legendary power. It's like at the Priest....to eliminate the Mind Controller....if you are a nob just give up this game....
Reply Quote
His "weapon" which isn't a weapon needs to be thrown out or his infernals need a dmg nerf. Or they can up the class specific legendaries to be as OP as Jaraxxus is. Wish Al'Akir could be used for more than killing maybe 2 minions
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Starscreamer
Wish Al'Akir could be used for more than killing maybe 2 minions

You're using him wrong then.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 02:28 PMPosted by Easterbunny
If anything Jaraxxus needs a buff.

The infernals should def have charge.

I dont know if you're trolling, the charge is a bad idea, but I also think he should get a buff.

Every Newbie who lost their beginner games against Jaraxxus one time will now slay me, but he fairly weak and just wins the game, if you're already winning.

Im not talking about a big buff, just a little tweak, like you can heal him above 15 health, it's pretty annoying, if you cant get out of kill range, cause Jaraxxus can't have more then 15 health.

You can remove his weapon for that, it has no other use then hitting the oppenents face anyway.
Reply Quote
Everyone who's complaining here, have never played Jaraxxus, or played him in Arena and killed some noobs who couldn't handle him.

I dont even understand why people want a nerf on a rarely used Legendary while aggro Warlock is dominating the meta.
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 09:34 PMPosted by MrPhyst
2 mana for a 6/6 is retarded
otherwise he is fine

"but it's a 9 mana card and if u dont kill a 9 mana card u auto lose any way"

why cant i poly/assassinate/hex........ his !@# then

Agreed. this card is seriously broken. maybe nerd the 6/6 hero power to a 2/2. might be worth a try.

card is OP as !@#$
Reply Quote
Jarraxus sucks! When Jarraxus is played that warlock usually is in trouble already, which usually means no board control. He is so situational and cost 9 mana which doesn't make him a good value especially late game when your opponent can start dropping big hard hitting minions on the board, plus you can't really do much on the turn you play him. Jarraxus is only worthwhile if
1. you have a card advantage
2. you have some threats on the board when he is played (hopefully a taunt) and
3. Your opponent doesn't have some nasty combo waiting (which you never know)

Funny story I was playing a Hunter a while back and dropped Jerraxus, with about 3 minions on the board, he played Death Wing next turn then proceeded to shoot me in the face and crush my soul.

They need to reduce his cost to eight, they can even drop the infernals to 4/6 or something like that
Reply Quote
The only situations he's good in is when you're massivly behind in Health but in good shape boardwise. He's also a 3 Damage Charge which can sometimes win you a game but you can get that for cheaper than 9 ^^.

He's as ok as a card not as bad as other legendaries that can outright lose you a game ( Millhouse , Gelbin Mekkatorque etc. ) but also not as amazing as others such as Ysera , Ragnaros , Sylvanas.
Edited by Serp on 1/7/2014 5:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would use if he cost 8
Reply Quote
I've been playing a Jaraxxus-based for almost two weeks now, and i must say he's fairly balanced. I'd prefer a buff for him since i personaly think he's weaker than he's strong, especially at my ranking where people can actually think. Perhaps making his weapon deal 4 damage? You could more easily trade with certain minions, or combo it with a removal more succesfully than you can at the moment.

I can understand those who want him nerfed though, and the only nerf i can see would be something like increasing cost to 10, or nerfing the Infernals to either 5/6 or 6/5. the 6/5 would be a stronger nerf than 5/6 since it places them in line for several more removal spells, but it would still be a completely acceptable nerf, almost like they did with the Argent Commanders.
These are just my opinions on the whole "Jaraxxus" deal, but if anyone have any more thoughts or additions i'd be glad to hear it!

(PS: LJ + Alexstrasza is a pretty amusing combo, since Alex basically says "restore LJ to full hp." :P)
Reply Quote
I play a Jaraxxus deck. By not taking many demons, sense demons can pull him right out, so I get him every game.

The entire deck is based around him, so I can't actually kill anyone without using him. The rest of the cards are early game rush defense, board clear, and healing. Murloc decks are the hardest for me. I'm working my way up the ranks, but so far I've only lost before getting Jaraxxus out, or from making mistakes after I get him out. If I can make it to turn 5 with decent HP, I usually can win.

That being said, if I drop Jaraxxus when the other guy has damaging minions on the board instead of dealing with the minions, I'm sure to lose.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Lightning
i got a warlock down to 2 hp, i thought i had it in the bag next round... then lord comes out. didn't even know he existed...

got him back down to 2hp, but i lost the turn after... WOW

^This
It has happened to me every time I see this card is played and I am starting to see it more as time goes by. This is because as more people win and buy cards then the epic elite card pool grows. Bliz has said time and time again that they put a lot of thought into making the game fun and never like well, I'm just completely screwed and that is what this feels like unless you play a Mage that can burn him super fast. I don't think the card is completely OP super broken but I do believe it should be tweaked to give a non Mage class a chance to survive this amazing card.

Also, go to youtube and type in JARAXXUS. You will find countless videos of various classes trying to combat a Warlock who just played this card. Very few seem to show you how to actually come back from this power move. Some were very funny though.
Reply Quote
The reason for all the complaints is how he is used...He is solely used to seal a victory already won due to board control and the complaint comes mainly because people like myself nearly kill self drawing cards and board sweeping that people think omg i need to get 4 damage in so they squeeze out all they can into topdeck mode then he happens...His sole purpose is to fill that spot to seal a victory safely...Otherwise i wouldnt have intentially gave you 10 damage in lifetaps and you never would have thought oh i nearly have a game won when you actually neverwas going to win...
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 01:34 PMPosted by Skies
I play a Jaraxxus deck. By not taking many demons, sense demons can pull him right out, so I get him every game.

The entire deck is based around him, so I can't actually kill anyone without using him. The rest of the cards are early game rush defense, board clear, and healing. Murloc decks are the hardest for me. I'm working my way up the ranks, but so far I've only lost before getting Jaraxxus out, or from making mistakes after I get him out. If I can make it to turn 5 with decent HP, I usually can win.

That being said, if I drop Jaraxxus when the other guy has damaging minions on the board instead of dealing with the minions, I'm sure to lose.

I don't think he only helps when the warlock is ahead. He also serves as an unbelievably strong win condition in the late game, when both heroes are tied. If it's a close game and two players are on relatively low health, and fairly equal footing, then jaraxxus is arguably the strongest card in the entire game (perhaps distantly rivaled by pyroblast). When you combine him with a previous turn of ancient watchers and a defender of argus, it's pretty disgusting. All of the components of Jaraxxus are available from other cards (that is: big emergency heal, emergency removal, and an unlimited supply of big minions--wait; maybe not that last one). However, no other card simultaneously gives you all of these things. If you play a class other than warlock, I don't think you have any hope of drawing a card that will swing the balance of power from neutral to your favour as dramatically as Jaraxxus does.
Edited by trbot on 1/20/2014 12:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]