lord jaraxxus

The only thing that pisses me off is the 14hp heal. Don't think any other card in game heals for that much. This grants the warlock at least one extra turn on top of the other bonuses. I'd be happier if it gave a +5 life even if the WL was above 10,

It is frustrating to lose when you got your opponent to 1 life and no minions.
Reply Quote
02/13/2014 04:19 PMPosted by bbraga
The only thing that pisses me off is the 14hp heal. Don't think any other card in game heals for that much. This grants the warlock at least one extra turn on top of the other bonuses. I'd be happier if it gave a +5 life even if the WL was above 10,

It is frustrating to lose when you got your opponent to 1 life and no minions.

Alexstrasza ? It even gives you a 8/8 on the board and can damage your opponent for a maximum amount of 15 if you don't need a heal yourself.

The Point of Jaraxxus is to punish people that focus too much on the going for the face giving the Warlock control of the board ( and yes an empty board counts as control for the Warlock because decks running him don't have many minions ) . If you have board control Jaraxxus does nothing .
Edited by Serp on 2/13/2014 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah he more or less secures a win or pulls u ahead in very close games for the win like a good card should. But you lose a turn playing him. You have about 3 turns of fairness to win the game plus a turn he did nothing. Before he pulls ahead
Reply Quote
You need to set up Jaraxxus for him to work.He is a SLOW card.He is a lot like Ysera actually. If your oponent has decent board hes pointless.Even with the heal end game its so easy to do 15 damage if you have even a small board control.

I'm getting tired of total nabs crying about things they don't understand tbh."Oh NONES I lost once to him and that means hes OP, Nerfz !"

I can kind understand wen people where whining about Tirion (and even that was stupid) but Jaraxx ??? Really ?

Just L2P.Period.

jiz.
Reply Quote
Could you stop pushing this stupid thread already?
Reply Quote
I played agains jaraxxus, at rank 23. Killed him with his own infernal. juraxxus is strong but is a rank 23 player with no epics or legendarys can beat him so can you.
Reply Quote
I love this card. You can basically base your play on this, just setting the mood in first 8 turns. They expect a rush Warlock, and by the time they realise that Im not rushing, I have a defense set in front od the Mighty Lord...I feel so dirty and cheap

On the other hand, if you dont have a stage set for him, you die...
Edited by Djuraster on 2/14/2014 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Lord Jarraxus is a high cost win condition card just like Ysera and Ragnoros so by definition it is his job to end games for control decks. In almost all games he will not be summoned turn 9 because the deck needs to work hard first to establish card advantage and board control first so he's going to be wasting a card slot on your hand for a few turns. If you allow your opponent to set up Jaraxxus, then you weren't in a prime position to win to begin with. He's slow and takes 2 full turns to actually set up while other win con. cards such as ragnoros, ysera, to a degree leeroy and alexstrasza have instant game changing payouts. In most games I play Alexstraza actually ends up having much more value and wins without needing jaraxxus.

In order for a card to be nerfed, it has to have no weaknesses, no risk for high reward, and be so detremental to the game that it shifts and influence the entire metagame. This is far from the case as Jaraxxus is only played in one deck which is not even considered the best deck and is not seen in aggro lock or murloc aggro. He has obvious weaknesses, takes time to set up, makes your molten giants useless, and gets rid of the card draw mechanic control lock relies on for card advantage. For these reasons, aggro decks have a good matchup against jarraxus. When playing against a Jaraxxus deck, you just have to maintain board control against a deck with few creatures. This means playing your removals intelligently and you should check mate the enemy lock to die anyways if he tries to waste a turn setting up jarraxus on a board controlled by you and your chosen late game minions.
If you want to talk about an actual broken card that's homogenizing the metagame and actually being the factor in winning high ranked games, talk about Leeroy Jenkins. Who coincidentally will easily win you games against Lord J.
Edited by grieford on 2/14/2014 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
This card NEEDS a nerf. A quite strong one too. 3/8 weapon, 15 health and Infernals with 6/6 that cost 2 mana each round. And you still have your old cards on top of that.

Some of you say that if you get this far into a game with a warlock, you are bound to lose because warlocks are weaker earlygame. Even if that was to be true, wouldn't you agree that it's incredibly unbalanced to have a weak class that gets ''OP'' at the end?

And this is all depending on that this perticular player has Lord Jaraxxus, which we all know is quite rare. It's really killing the fun of the game, if you domniate a game with almost full health, and a few cards left, and then just get annihilated by one card in 2-3 rounds.

Plus, I personally don't even agree with warlocks being a weaker class earlygame. I just think this card is way, way too good. They should nerf his weapon, and the infernals should not have more than 3/3 or perhaps 4/4 at highest.

The change to 15 health is unbalanced at the moment, because at this point it doesn't matter how much health you have, this card is pretty much always worth playing. If they were to nerf the card (probably in a more thought out way than what I suggested) the change of health would matter a whole lot more, and more tactics and thought would go into playing it, since it would no longer be a sure gamewinner.

Thank you, i'm out. If you're looking to argue, please send it to my e-mail kyllonen.jonas@gmail.com since I will probably have trouble finding my way back to this forum. Thank you.
Reply Quote
This card is a joke...stop trying to defend it. It is ridiculously OP...you get the warlock to like 2 health, he pops that card and then drops like 3 taunts...by the time you take out his taunts, his weapon attack and infernals take you out..not to mention all he has to do is shadow flame ONE infernal and basically your whole board is wiped...GG pathetic card.
Reply Quote
To be honest Lord Jaraxxus is the only card in game I could say is very well balanced.

You have to remember when someone uses the lord he is pretty much exposed for one turn before he can actually summon 6/6 and playing against most good players you still can die pretty much in two turns..
Reply Quote
So you saying it is to op because it has 6/6 and weapon and it gets 15 hp and that weaker class should not be stronger at the end -_-. You do realise with current meta you can do 15 damage in one turn. Also most players destroy weapon and then all you are left is with 6/6 that can be also easily killed...
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Jonas
The change to 15 health is unbalanced at the moment, because at this point it doesn't matter how much health you have, this card is pretty much always worth playing. If they were to nerf the card (probably in a more thought out way than what I suggested) the change of health would matter a whole lot more, and more tactics and thought would go into playing it, since it would no longer be a sure gamewinner.

Wrong. If the opponent has board control, they will beat you down right away. Also, Jaraxxus 15 HP is a new max hp, so after you play Jar, it affects Molten Giant cost. You can't even play them until you are down to 5 hp, and at that point they cost 10 mana.

02/19/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Jonas
And this is all depending on that this perticular player has Lord Jaraxxus, which we all know is quite rare. It's really killing the fun of the game, if you domniate a game with almost full health, and a few cards left, and then just get annihilated by one card in 2-3 rounds.

If you really dominated the game, how is Jar alone going to kill you in 2-3 rounds?
Reply Quote
6/6 infernal for 2 mana is not balanced in anyway possible. Ysera gives at best a 7/6 for 4 mana, which is technically 2 mana for 1 attack when you compare them, in addition too that the Emerald Drake is not guaranteed.

In any standard control / giant deck you generally does not have overwhelming board control to deal with him and if you do, well victory is yours. One turn is generally enough to lose a game if the enemy plays Jaraxxus (unless you're a mage of course, but not many are mage)

Just think of it a 6/6 for 2 mana for every turn until you kill him or he kills you.

If he summoned a 4/4 instead it would be balanced I think, a 4/4 is manageable especially since 90% of warlocks who play Jaraxxus also have 2x Sunfury and 2x Defender of Argus they will most likely be played with taunt.
Reply Quote
OBLIVION!

Also I read some of the stuff you nerds are posting. ^___^

If anything stop complaining and deal with stuff accordingly people!

Imo the hogger is the cheapest card I can play against. I have quit games when it was dropped because I either didn't get a spell card to kill it next turn, or had already used it prior and had no answer to that piece of scum.

So forfeit/concede and move on. I don't know imo the paladins recruits are cheap and I know that bastard is trolling while holding the equality card.

You need to quit whining! Back in my day we didn't whine, we didn't get nothin' from whining!

Honestly sometimes you all need to suck it up and know when to because these people are making the game. So of course we will come across stuff that we don't like but we still have to play the game.

Sadly I feel sorry for anyone who likes the warrior because I laugh every time I face him. He's the easiest person to force to burn cards. He either loses or quits. The rare chance he actually wins.
Edited by Ferre on 2/23/2014 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/22/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Timperman
6/6 infernal for 2 mana is not balanced in anyway possible. Ysera gives at best a 7/6 for 4 mana, which is technically 2 mana for 1 attack when you compare them, in addition too that the Emerald Drake is not guaranteed.

In any standard control / giant deck you generally does not have overwhelming board control to deal with him and if you do, well victory is yours. One turn is generally enough to lose a game if the enemy plays Jaraxxus (unless you're a mage of course, but not many are mage)

Just think of it a 6/6 for 2 mana for every turn until you kill him or he kills you.

If he summoned a 4/4 instead it would be balanced I think, a 4/4 is manageable especially since 90% of warlocks who play Jaraxxus also have 2x Sunfury and 2x Defender of Argus they will most likely be played with taunt.

you do realize the infernal cant even be summoned til a turn after jarraxus is played? and that you have another turn after that?

Basically you have 3 turns before he even starts to hit you with 6/6s. If you cant do 15 damage in that time.....
Reply Quote
Not gonna lie, I ran around the house screaming happy proclamations when I was faced with a Jaraxxus and got to insta-kill him with a Sacrificial Pact...
Reply Quote
this have happened to me alot, and its very frustrating. I had kind of board controll agains one of those locks had him down to 3-4 hp then he heals himself with lord and kills me from 30 hp. when i say i had board controll i mean i had 3 minions out and he had 0. but he win because of one card. this is extremly owerpowered and you need atlast 4 minions on the board for a lord to not be a good card to use. and if you think that lord is situational then isnt it very weird that the situation you can use Lord is when the opponent dont have more than a few minions.
(if you have 2 minions on the board lord will still !@#$ you up)
He needs to be nerfed but not something big changes, maybe set his heropower to summon 5-3 or maybe let his weapon have 4-5 durability
Reply Quote
If you have this card you don't need any skill. Jaraxxus basically plays the game for you
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 12:56 PMPosted by PerfectLemon
If you have this card you don't need any skill. Jaraxxus basically plays the game for you

Actually the opposite, Jaraxxis needs skill to play because he is weak. He is only semi viable in a control/handlock deck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]