Low Rare (6) Priest Deck

http://www.wowhead.com/hearthstone/deckbuilder#zVMjD8MdI8Mwu8MNH8MNK8MbU8Mrz8Mow8MrQ8MqF8Mjx8Mad8McF8MuW8MaN

• 0 Silence X2
  • 1 Inner Fire X2
  • 1 Power Word: Shield X2
  • 2 Crazed Alchemist X2
  • 2 Divine Spirit X2
  • 2 Fade X2
  • 2 Northshire Cleric X2
  • 3 Acolyte of Pain X2
  • 3 Demolisher X2
  • 4 Lightspawn X2
  • 4 Mogu'shan Warden X2
  • 4 Shadow Madness X2
  • 4 Stormwind Knight X2
  • 5 Gurubashi Berserker X2
  • 5 Holy Nova X2

The main concept of the deck is to basically set up for a huge attack with divine spirit while having many great choices of minions to choose from to pull it off.
Edited by Ace on 8/30/2013 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Replace the Silences with Owls or Spellbreakers. They do the same and give you board presence, just plain better options. I'd say Owls in your case, because you don't have any early game board presence in this deck at all. It's all mid game minions.

I'm also not seeing how shadow madness really fits into your build.

Fade can be a good defensive play, but I don't run it, because I usually have minions that I want to be hiding behind taunt, specifically the Clerics and acolytes because they are the only really sustainable draw play. Playing fade makes them eligible for direct minion damage when they were hiding before.

You don't have any taunt aside from the Mogu'shan Warden. I'd say to consider adding in a Silverback Patriarch, a Sen'jin Shieldmasta. Something along those lines.

I'm not sure about crazed alchemist, unless you have some high damage, low health minions, to swap those, then hit inner fire, which you really don't.

Not trying to sound too nitpicky here, btw. Just trying to tell you what I would make it look more like. I am not pro by any means, but my priest deck is currently winning about 65% of my games in Platinum, and it looks like this:

Inner Fire x2
PW:S x2
Stonetusk Boar
Young Dragonhawk
Goldshire Footman
Divine Spirit x2
Ironbeak Owl x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Silverback Patriarch
Oasis Snapjaw
Sen'jin Shieldmasta
Spellbreaker x2
Stormwind Knight
Holy Nova x2
Fen Creeper
Gurubashi Berserker
Lord of the Arena
Temple Enforcer x2
Mind Control x2
Reply Quote
Thanks for the feedback :)

It might help if I explain some choices.

I chose Silence over the owls/spell breaker because they remove taunts for 0 mana. Consider this combo:

Stormwind Knight -> Divine Spirit-> Divine Spirit-> Crazed Alchemist

Stormwind Knight is now a 20/2 with charge. To do this though, I've used 10 mana already, and if they have a taunt up, I just have no mana remaining to remove it for this strategy unless I have the 0 mana silence.

I'm guessing you can see why I have the alchemists in the deck now. It's basically the same idea as innerfire. It may not be as strong, but it still does the job of setting the attack to the health. The crazed alchemist can also be great for helping with the removal of certain minions as well. Adding the crazed alchemist effectively gives me 4 ways of setting the attack to the HP, increasing the chances of the one hit combo.

The fades are there because certain minions such as Stormwind Knight, Lightspawn, and Gurubashi Berserker fair pretty well as taunters. The card also mills through the deck so I can get access to divine spirit more quickly for the combo.

---

Now you do have some good points about maybe needing more taunts. It's definitely something to consider as the Fades may not be enough and the early game may be too much. When I get a chance to, I'll definitely need to test out the shadow madness cards. I only need access to a high health minion and usually these minions have 3 or less health and have taunt. The idea is that I get rid of a taunt and then set up for a game winning combo that kills the opponent with their own minion in one shot (working very much like the Stormwind Knight example). Mind control costs too much to do this however. There's also other perks of just removing some of their problem minions as they are usually small (Pint-Sized Summoner for one example).
Reply Quote
I've been playing around with this Priest starter (all basic cards) deck and been having a lot of fun with it. It's always great to see your opponent drop a legendary and be ready with a Mind Control.

Holy Smite (2)
Mind Vision (2)
Power Word: Shield (2)
Goldshire Footman (2)
Divine Spirit (2)
Shadow Word: Pain (2)
Acidic Swamp Ooze (2)
Northshire Cleric (2)
Ironfur Grizzly (2)
Gnomish Inventor (2)
Sen'jin Shieldmasta (2)
Holy Nova (2)
Gurubashi Berserker (2)
War Golem (2)
Mind Control (2)
Reply Quote
Khalanil, does this deck still usefull after patch?
Edited by Nihilus on 10/8/2013 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been playing around with this Priest starter (all basic cards) deck and been having a lot of fun with it. It's always great to see your opponent drop a legendary and be ready with a Mind Control.

Holy Smite (2)
Mind Vision (2)
Goldshire Footman (2)
Divine Spirit (2)
Acidic Swamp Ooze (2)
Northshire Cleric (2)
Ironfur Grizzly (2)
Gnomish Inventor (2)
Sen'jin Shieldmasta (2)
Holy Nova (2)
Gurubashi Berserker (2)
War Golem (2)
Mind Control (2)

10/08/2013 06:53 AMPosted by Nihilus
Khalanil, does this deck still usefull after patch?

im curious too, how is this deck after the new patch?
Reply Quote
I just used this against a druid deck. He was kicking my but for a while. Hovered around 10-5 hp for a long time. Finally he ran out of cards in his hands, and finally got a gurubashi. I think you need to just sustain til you get the right cards on this deck. I ended up winning with board presence and a dbl buffed Guru.
Reply Quote

Holy Smite (2)
Mind Vision (2)
Goldshire Footman (2)
Divine Spirit (2)
Acidic Swamp Ooze (2)
Northshire Cleric (2)
Ironfur Grizzly (2)
Gnomish Inventor (2)
Sen'jin Shieldmasta (2)
Holy Nova (2)
Gurubashi Berserker (2)
War Golem (2)
Mind Control (2)

Thanks for this. I'm new to the game and this really helped me knock out the daily I got really fast. Won two out of three with it, even without mind control since I haven't hit priest 10 yet. Only reason I lost the one was due to a legendary drop. Against a level six priest ... and he needed it to save himself from this deck. If I'd had mind control it would have won all three.
Edited by GhostDragon on 11/26/2013 2:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]