The Thrifty Warrior Deck - 11 common, 0 rare

08/31/2013 04:19 PMPosted by mashdar
The general theory
This post was SO helpful in getting into the 'mindset' of a warrior class in this game. A thousands thanks!
Reply Quote
This is a really nice deck. However i wonder what the point of the raging worgen is in this deck?
With just 1x Inner Rage and no Cruel taskmasters it seems impossible to get the full benefit f this card...
I am using 2x Argent Commander instead of the Windfury Harper

Also i noticed that u need to have patience with this deck. Every game i am getting slaughtered at the beginning. My hero gets hit in the face a lot until at some point the fact that i keep clearing the board turns around in my advantage where i have more minions then my opponent. I win most games, but not without taking a serious beating right from the start.

Also when you don't get Fiery war Axe from the start, ur pretty screwed.
Edited by Kshatriya on 11/30/2013 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you so much for this! I've been usingt variation of this for grinding out gold until I can build a collection, and I've reached Platinum III with it in not very many games!

One satisfying recent game ended on turn 8:
Turn 7, I had no board presence except a 1-durability Arcanite Reaper. In hand, I had a Fiery War Axe, a Cleave, an Execute, a Core Hound, and a Warsong Commander. My opponent, a Priest, had only 8 health, but had board control, and definitely more minions than I could deal with using my removal.
So I hit him in the face with my Arcanite, and dropped a Core Hound. He attacked me with all his minions, but he took the bait: he spent all of his mana Mind Controlling the Core Hound, leaving him with no mana left to heal! I pulled out my Fiery War Axe and finished him off.
Edited by Ditocoaf on 12/3/2013 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
i discovered a crazy trick with this deck

if you are lucky with your card draw, you can win the game in as little as 4 turns

turn 3: raging worgen + inner rage + charge, 12 damage right there
if he doesnt kill it, do another 12, fiery war axe, heroic strike.

Stuff like this is why I love Warrior. I got to do the first half of that in Arena once XD
Reply Quote
Great deck, but since last patch it doenst quite work so well any more. especially since warsong commandeer is nerfed. Do you have an update on the deck?
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 03:53 AMPosted by Kshatriya
Great deck, but since last patch it doenst quite work so well any more. especially since warsong commandeer is nerfed. Do you have an update on the deck?

Interested as well. Had a lot of fun and success with this build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)