The best hunter deck I've seen so far

fan of knifes, fml...
Reply Quote
Okay, I can't seem to make this deck work in any way at all. But that's probably me being awful at the game. I've lost the last 5 games and I can't seem to get enough cards together before I'm dead.. usually by the 5/6th turn. I'm using all the secrets/silences etc that I come across but it never seems to be enough. I'll keep trying but it doesnt seem to be great for me atm.
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Nargoof
Okay, I can't seem to make this deck work in any way at all. But that's probably me being awful at the game. I've lost the last 5 games and I can't seem to get enough cards together before I'm dead.. usually by the 5/6th turn. I'm using all the secrets/silences etc that I come across but it never seems to be enough. I'll keep trying but it doesnt seem to be great for me atm.

bare in mind its an olllldddd deck now (unless its been updated)

so it might work different in the current game and will depend on what you ar emostly running in to depending on what rank you're at. Typically, people adjust and switch decks as they rank up due to the 'meta' (thats what everyone seems to call it) changes
Reply Quote
Brilliant deck mate. Thanks for sharing :)
Reply Quote
What do You think of king crush being traded in for leeroy
Reply Quote
~
Edited by maphisto on 2/26/2014 5:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
i'm trying a similar strategy with lots of buzzards and hounds. but i'm still at the beginning and have no idea what i'm doing in arena (did it once, lost 3 immediately) and generally bad at the game. i finally familiarized with the hunter class, have no clue of the others so i have no clue what to do in the arena. so i have no access to the better cards, just made sure to have 1 bow, an owl and 2 hound cards.

i found that i run out of cards mit-game if i've got bad luck early on. therefore i incorporated more 4 or 5 mana cards with taunt. also, controlling the enemy by killing off his weak minions early on may prevent damage but often results in fewer hound spawns. i've played few games so far but more often than not either the buzzards or the hounds aren't up when i need them.
Reply Quote
Is this deck still doing well after the card mechanics updates?
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 07:29 AMPosted by Karobetta
Is this deck still doing well after the card mechanics updates?

I tried this deck and i got stomped so I quickly got rid of it.
Reply Quote
I feel that if you are still playing this deck and still only have the one very early loss, you are either extraordinarily lucky or an above average player, or both... IMO,this deck relies on way too many cards coming together as THE condition for win. Doesn't look like it would hold it's own without the combo going off, so without it you lose. I personally like my eggs in more than one basket. With that said: I will still play this deck because it looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the list =D
Reply Quote
Do you people realize that the first post is from 7 months ago??

This is so outdated...
Reply Quote
The deck does not work anymore. A few cards, mainly Hounds has changed. The way it worked was it gave all your beasts charged. So you would save all your beasts and wolf and unleash it at the end. Very lame that blizz nerfed this hunter deck when other classes have similar decks that can destroy you in one turn if you save your cards.
Reply Quote
Very nice change. Lovin this deck.
Reply Quote
Deck still works. I don't play it , but I do/have played against it. The most important thing when playing against the deck it to just try to barely outrace them. Don't play 3 creatures when one or two will keep control. If you play too passive or aggressive this deck wins. Oozes are a must. Also knowing the secrets helps a lot. I imagine as you get higher rank more people know how to beat this deck. The first time I panicked and it was all over instantly.
Reply Quote
This deck is outdated. Unleash the Hounds used to be "Give your Beasts +1 Attack and Charge." Allowing hunters to play a bunch of low cost beasts all in one turn with the ability to attack with them all on the same turn (all with +1 attack) to down the opponent.

If you played this deck now, you would have troubles getting the "one shot" into effect as your mass amount of minions (of 1s/2s essentially) are easily clearable on the opponents following turn by consecration/fan of knives/swipe/etc or able to be countered by large taunts (if you don't possess the board wipe to rid the of the taunt(s) on your following turn.)

The whole point of this deck was to work off Unleash the Hounds so you could get that "one shot" into effect (and win the game) before all your smalls are wiped. This is why the Young Dragonhawks (windfuries) where important in this deck.

The first three games that I played with this deck went fairly well -I was able to flood the field with minions (beasts usually) and still win with a full hand of cards. After the first 3 games I ran into the board wipe problem and couldn't get my swarm of beasts to down my opponents hero before getting wiped (by consecration or swipe, usually.)

The first three games that I played with this deck where extremely enjoyable, here are some images of the final turns: http://imgur.com/MFwc5Nm,s0XRitQ,eQZM5dk#0 (worth it to note that this deck is an altered version of the one posted by the OP as I don't have all the required cards. Also, my opponents probably weren't the greatest)
Edited by xlairidious on 4/5/2014 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Trying this build and 1 thing puzzle me : why the dragonhawk ? ok they have windfury but can't atk in the final wave ... is it just to have a beast that cost 1 or do you play them the turn before ?

My feedback on this deck : passed from rk 14 to rk 19 in 1 day ... i can see the potential of the game but i think it's extremly based on luck imo. Will give it a try again ...
Reply Quote
Kespell you are trying to build an outdated deck posted, eight months ago? then unleash the hound card effect was +1 dmg to your beast and charge, that's why dragonhawk.
Not sure if you trolling or just dumb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]