The best hunter deck I've seen so far

Do you save the boars for combo or use them to clear enemy minions?

Should you save your trap cards until you draw the bow? Bow without trap cards sucks, no?

Also just played a game where I never draw any cards that helps me draw cards (buzzers, tracking, etc). I had enough monsters in my hand but never had unleash the hounds. Lost.

Don't see how you have such a high W/L ratio when this depends so much on rng/getting the right cards.
Edited by IAINTEVENMAD on 9/14/2013 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
and u said dont do the combo unless its a killing move

that means u should wait until the last turn before ur enemy kills you (if u still dont have the cards to do a killing blow yet) which i have been doing. but the combo isnt enough damage to kill him

then he kills me next turn.
Reply Quote
OP is e-statting about 20 wins and 1 loss rofl

ive played this deck enough times to know its too dependent on luck to be able to give u a 20:1 ratio rofl. wouldnt believe u even if u said 10:1

this is a gimmick deck and not even a good one at that, prepare to lose many times

all of the posters above having problems further proves this.

good job making me waste my time making this deck + playing so many games with it. u trolled me good
Edited by despair on 9/15/2013 3:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Decided to try this out.

First game went dreadfully. I literally had two beasts at around turn 8. I'd thrown out the raptor to keep myself alive and that was it.

Second game the enemy surrendered randomly before I got a chance to really test it out.

Third game the combo worked. It was very close though, 16 damage done, 16 damage required (it was a warlock who'd been tapping.) I'll update as I play it a bit more. It's definitely satisfying on the combo turn though.
Edited by Traders on 9/15/2013 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this deck is awful

done with this garbage deck

and OP is a fraudster. his silence proves that.
Reply Quote
this deck is awful

done with this garbage deck

and OP is a fraudster. his silence proves that.

Or, maybe, just possibly, I have a girlfriend and a life outside games, and don't spend all my free time on forums.

I lost twice today. That's 4 losses and probably close to 50 wins, at three star master. If you can't play the deck effectively, that's your fault, not mine. Feel free to add me as a friend and challenge me to see how well it works, though. You'll obviously have the advantage since you'll know every card in my deck and (roughly) how it's supposed to be played, but I'm still curious to see how it does in that scenario.
Edited by Derek on 9/16/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Do you save the boars for combo or use them to clear enemy minions?

Should you save your trap cards until you draw the bow? Bow without trap cards sucks, no?

Also just played a game where I never draw any cards that helps me draw cards (buzzers, tracking, etc). I had enough monsters in my hand but never had unleash the hounds. Lost.

Don't see how you have such a high W/L ratio when this depends so much on rng/getting the right cards.

The boar depends. Usually I'll save him for the combo, but if I desperately need answers earlier, I'll use him with a buzzard to get some draw, or to do just enough damage on a particularly threatening minion

No, don't save your traps. Use whatever you can to keep his side of the board clean. The bow is still good on its own - it will still do six damage, including killing off minions that may otherwise be problematic.

I've had one or two games where card draw was close, but with well-timed buzzards, the engineer, flares, and tracking, almost a third of your deck is draw power (and tracking is awesome draw power). Like I said, if your hounds are buried at the bottom, you just got really unlucky.
Reply Quote
OP is e-statting about 20 wins and 1 loss rofl

ive played this deck enough times to know its too dependent on luck to be able to give u a 20:1 ratio rofl. wouldnt believe u even if u said 10:1

this is a gimmick deck and not even a good one at that, prepare to lose many times

all of the posters above having problems further proves this.

good job making me waste my time making this deck + playing so many games with it. u trolled me good

Posters having problems proves nothing. Have you played any card games similar to this one before? What about competitively on a national level? If you had, you'd quickly learn that some of the best decks out there just don't play well for certain people, based on their preconceptions and tailored playing styles. A couple of years ago, in the WoW TCG, a guy won nationals by playing the funkiest deck I've ever seen. To this day, I can never, ever get that deck to work for me. Doesn't mean it's a bad deck. It's just not for me.
Reply Quote
I was actually running a deck almost exactly mimicking this, but with Arcane Shotx2 instead of Bestial Wrath, and a Multi-Shot in place of Flare. I would definitely say I win roughly 80% of the times, and the times I lose I don't draw my RtH or get unlucky with draws early game (chain beasts/no traps) By far very strong, only countered by a big taunt deck. You just have to make sure you are whittling down the opponents hp throughout the match. I normally have them at about 15-20 hp by the 6-7 mana mark from my Steady Shot/Eaglehorn.
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Envyzible
I was actually running a deck almost exactly mimicking this, but with Arcane Shotx2 instead of Bestial Wrath, and a Multi-Shot in place of Flare. I would definitely say I win roughly 80% of the times, and the times I lose I don't draw my RtH or get unlucky with draws early game (chain beasts/no traps) By far very strong, only countered by a big taunt deck. You just have to make sure you are whittling down the opponents hp throughout the match. I normally have them at about 15-20 hp by the 6-7 mana mark from my Steady Shot/Eaglehorn.

I think Arcane Shot would be a strong addition, if I had more room for cards in the deck. I don't actually run Bestial Wrath...what card am I running that you're not (besides the one Flare)?
Reply Quote
I have been playing around with this deck. Normally I play rogue aggro Have to say I am loving it. Just went up against a rogue miracle deck Van Cleef and all. It was great he got a 21 21 Van Cleef out and I played a windfury Dragon Hawk and a boar coupled with unleash the hounds. killed the Gnomish adventurer and mana addict, then I flared and revealed his vancleef and deadly shot it. Next turn i just played misdirect then he pulled out his questing adventurer and ended up killing himself. Again this is a great deck and has lead to some of the funnest games I have had in hearthstone.
Reply Quote
09/07/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Chewstick
TheChiv.. I dont think you understand the point of the deck. If played correctly, there shouldnt really be any creatures on the board for you to aoe or silence. The point of the deck is to chip away using your arrow / weapon / traps until around turn 6-8 where you lay out all the creatures/buffs at once (usually doing between 15-25 damage that one turn).. The weakness to this deck is staying alive long enough to play your hand on turn 6-8.. The problem is that if you face a fast minion deck, its almost impossible for you especially if you dont have the control cards in hand early on.. Also its tough to chip away life when you are constantly being attacked..

No I do know how to play this deck and again I was able to disassemble it with 3 different classes. Priest and pallys can easily turn this deck to crap, A beast hunter deck will die baddly to this I will give you that. Most rogue and warrior deck constructs can easily overload this deck. Its a good deck and will win you some game but it is not the end all like some think it is. I have beaten it. I have seen a fist full of videos where people playing this deck are pwned. Hell I saw a pally swarm deck destroy this deck.
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 07:50 PMPosted by TheChiv
TheChiv.. I dont think you understand the point of the deck. If played correctly, there shouldnt really be any creatures on the board for you to aoe or silence. The point of the deck is to chip away using your arrow / weapon / traps until around turn 6-8 where you lay out all the creatures/buffs at once (usually doing between 15-25 damage that one turn).. The weakness to this deck is staying alive long enough to play your hand on turn 6-8.. The problem is that if you face a fast minion deck, its almost impossible for you especially if you dont have the control cards in hand early on.. Also its tough to chip away life when you are constantly being attacked..

No I do know how to play this deck and again I was able to disassemble it with 3 different classes. Priest and pallys can easily turn this deck to crap, A beast hunter deck will die baddly to this I will give you that. Most rogue and warrior deck constructs can easily overload this deck. Its a good deck and will win you some game but it is not the end all like some think it is. I have beaten it. I have seen a fist full of videos where people playing this deck are pwned. Hell I saw a pally swarm deck destroy this deck.

I will go out of the way (possibly starting a forum feud in the process) to say that anyone seeing anything less than an 80% win ratio with this deck doesn't know how to play it right. By example, you said aoe stops this deck in its tracks. What exactly are you using aoe on, when the only turn where minions are actually on the board is the turn they hit you for 24 damage and kill you?

I've been playing this deck a LOT. Probably more than just about anyone in the game. I'll tell you that it has two weaknesses: a deck built entirely out of taunt minions, and a deck built entirely out of minions with divine shield. Anything else, this deck has answers for. Now, considering there aren't many decks out there that run only divine shield and practically no one is running a deck with nothing but taunt, this deck wins extremely often.
Reply Quote
This deck requires that things go your way every time. And while yes its a great gimick, reality says your got going to get this 80% of the time. Not to mention the fact that against a smart hunter who has an explosive trap down much of your smaller creatures are just going to go boom the moment you attack. A mage can simply put up his little armor secret mitigate 1/3 of your damage then if they played it smart kill you on his turn.

The deck is good not doubting it, but beatable easily....

And what crack have you been smoking I have seen a plethora of ALL TAUNT DECKS....You should really spend some time over at Hearth pwn. Just in a few minutes of looking found about slew of deck constructs across multiple classes that could beat this. And no feud needed. You already admitted its flaw. So thanks :)
Reply Quote
This deck requires that things go your way every time. And while yes its a great gimick, reality says your got going to get this 80% of the time. Not to mention the fact that against a smart hunter who has an explosive trap down much of your smaller creatures are just going to go boom the moment you attack. A mage can simply put up his little armor secret mitigate 1/3 of your damage then if they played it smart kill you on his turn.

The deck is good not doubting it, but beatable easily....

And what crack have you been smoking I have seen a plethora of ALL TAUNT DECKS....You should really spend some time over at Hearth pwn. Just in a few minutes of looking found about slew of deck constructs across multiple classes that could beat this. And no feud needed. You already admitted its flaw. So thanks :)

I wonder how you explain the fact that I've played 60+ games with this deck, and lost only 4 times. Is that just luck?

You seem to not understand how Flare works. It destroys your opponent's secrets.
Reply Quote
Just owned a rogue that was playing the miracle rogue deck BY THE BOOK, CARD FOR CARD.

I know because I have the EXACT deck built but I find it boring to play. He had the exact same two legendaries, gadgetzan auctioneers, mana addicts, and questing adventurers that I have in my deck as well as all the 0 or 1 cost cards. I got the deck list from a youtube video.

Very funny beating a rogue using that overpowered deck.

I have had a few cases where I'll end up with 2x Unleash the Hounds inside my hand at the same time. I have to carefully do the math to see if its more beneficial to cast the second one for the extra +1 attack to all in case I just don't QUITE have enough damage to kill him with everything I can play, but using the second unleash the hounds is worth it, even though the charge is wasted, since it gives me enough damage to kill the enemy.

I have had trouble however where I'm not quite at enough cards in my hand or the game just goes on too long and I STILL never draw what I need to. I'm not sure if that's just my luck, or if there's some other cards that would give me card draw that I should swap in. The problem when I play my Buzzards is that they seem to be picked off pretty quickly, and plus I waste another beast in my hand that is likely to die from the enemy the next turn anyways, and that's a beast that I could have saved for the final all in kill at the end, that would have been buffed up numerous times with +attack power. Any tips?
Reply Quote
Just owned a rogue that was playing the miracle rogue deck BY THE BOOK, CARD FOR CARD.

I know because I have the EXACT deck built but I find it boring to play. He had the exact same two legendaries, gadgetzan auctioneers, mana addicts, and questing adventurers that I have in my deck as well as all the 0 or 1 cost cards. I got the deck list from a youtube video.

Very funny beating a rogue using that overpowered deck.

I have had a few cases where I'll end up with 2x Unleash the Hounds inside my hand at the same time. I have to carefully do the math to see if its more beneficial to cast the second one for the extra +1 attack to all in case I just don't QUITE have enough damage to kill him with everything I can play, but using the second unleash the hounds is worth it, even though the charge is wasted, since it gives me enough damage to kill the enemy.

I have had trouble however where I'm not quite at enough cards in my hand or the game just goes on too long and I STILL never draw what I need to. I'm not sure if that's just my luck, or if there's some other cards that would give me card draw that I should swap in. The problem when I play my Buzzards is that they seem to be picked off pretty quickly, and plus I waste another beast in my hand that is likely to die from the enemy the next turn anyways, and that's a beast that I could have saved for the final all in kill at the end, that would have been buffed up numerous times with +attack power. Any tips?

What cards are you running? If your deck list is much different than the OP, I'd suggest sticking with the cards listed there (except take out the raptors and stick in the owls). Tracking, engineer, buzzards, and flare seem to be enough card draw for me. I'm not skimpy about playing my Tracking, either. I'll play it on turn one if I have it in hand.

Unless I'm horribly desperate for more answers to his board, I tend to wait until the "combo turn", or until I have two buzzards in hand, before playing any buzzards. Two buzzards plus a boar will still net three cards, which isn't bad. I imagine most players know this by now, but I'll say it anyway: never, ever play a buzzard without playing at least one other minion for some draw. 2 health is just too easy to kill to let him sit there for a whole turn.

EDIT: I should also note I've been tossing around the idea of swapping something out to toss in Snake Traps to use as a combo with buzzards (oh so sweet), but the deck has been working so well for me that changing anything seems too risky to be worth it. If there were any cards in the deck that I didn't find particularly useful, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but so far every single card has been clutch in at least a few games. Engineer seems to be the weakest card in the deck, but I think I'd rather keep her around than have to rely on a combo that may not go off, or that I might not get the cards to until late game.
Edited by Derek on 9/19/2013 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I swapped out a single flare and a single novice engineer for two angry chickens instead. Seems dumb but they are 1 cost to cast and are also beasts. I felt the flare wasn't being used enough for secrets, even though it has single card draw. I also sacrificed the novice engineer as it isn't considered a beast, even though I lose a card draw as well. Replacing those two non-beasts with the two angry chicken beasts helped me always seem to have enough 1 cost cards in my hand to use.

I also swapped out the raptors and put owls down instead and it seems to be working out well so far. The owl's silence ability to remove taunt makes it quite a great addition compared to the raptor that was basically useless, IMO. I never found myself ever playing the raptor and when I did, it would just die off immediately.
Reply Quote
Oh wow, the Buzzard + Snake Trap being triggered = 3 cards drawn since it counts the snakes as being played. If you can get two Buzzards in your hand, and play those at the same time you do Snake Trap, which would be total of 6 mana cost, then if someone attacks one of the Buzzards, you draw 6 cards!
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 11:10 PMPosted by animal
Oh wow, the Buzzard + Snake Trap being triggered = 3 cards drawn since it counts the snakes as being played. If you can get two Buzzards in your hand, and play those at the same time you do Snake Trap, which would be total of 6 mana cost, then if someone attacks one of the Buzzards, you draw 6 cards!

I just did exactly that and started filming fraps right after I played the two buzzards and snake trap. I'm uploading it to youtube now, but it's just an example halfway through the game. With the two Buzzards out, I end up drawing all my cards at the very end from my deck when I go in for the final kill. I also noticed I cast a Windfury minion last when I should have cast my Timber Wolf instead for maximum damage, but I know I had him beat anyways.

I'll give credit in the youtube video comment to this thread for the idea. Video link coming shortly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]