The best hunter deck I've seen so far

Ok did some testing with this deck.....

Murlocs hurt the hell out of this deck.

On a side note I beat proxywolf's druid with it turn 7.....
Reply Quote
Yday was the first Beta EU tournament and i made top 8 with my Hunter deck (there were 6 rogues and 1 druid in top 8) and i can say that this deck is not that good.

Lose every 1 mana cards and creatures that have 1 life.
Reply Quote
Running into a lot of trouble with decks that add multiple minions that stack health (Murloc, etc.). Multi-Shot or Explosive would be very preferable, but any ideas?
Reply Quote
Yday was the first Beta EU tournament and i made top 8 with my Hunter deck (there were 6 rogues and 1 druid in top 8) and i can say that this deck is not that good.

Lose every 1 mana cards and creatures that have 1 life.

then you didnt know how to play it as it beats value town rogue, miracle rogue, and can hold its own against most druid decks..If you want to learn how to play this deck, there is a boxing concept known as the rope a dope. Look it up. This deck if play right is as lethal as a ninja on crack.
Edited by TheChiv on 9/25/2013 3:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 01:14 AMPosted by Pyrannor
Running into a lot of trouble with decks that add multiple minions that stack health (Murloc, etc.). Multi-Shot or Explosive would be very preferable, but any ideas?

Murlocs are a known issue, but you have to consider that most dont play a murloc deck thank god. In general most swarm decks or aggro warrior decks can cause you problems. the only counter I have found is to be just as aggressive and play smart. And pray they are dumb enough to use there biggest guys first on attacks when you use misdirect.... The only other option you could possibly do is drop the boars and sub in explosive shot or multi-shot. The down side to this is you will lose your ability to do 5 damage to things like senji on turn 4, which considering yet again is an issue your more likely to face over 20 games then against swarming murlocs, it may make more sense to not worry about the few decks you cant handle...
Reply Quote
Murlocs shouldn't be an issue. I haven't had issues with anyone playing Murloc. Remember you have a secret that deals 2 damage to all enemies when your hero is attacked.

I actually replaced the two angry chickens I had in my deck a while back for instead two Hungry Crabs. They destroy a murloc to gain +2/+2 via a battlecry, and are Beasts with a cost of 1 mana but have 1/2. Much more useful than the angry chickens I had in the deck just to add extra 1 cost beasts so that I ensure I actually have the beasts I need when I go in for the kill.
Reply Quote
I ran into a guy playing this deck twice, and he absolutely demolished me with it. So, I decided to build it and try it out, and so far I've lost one game out of 20 (ranked at One Star Master).

Here's the list (I'm sure the guy I played against had a couple different cards, but this is my list):

2x Flare
2x Tracking
2x Unleash the Hounds
2x Stonetusk Boar
2x Timber Wolf
2x Young Dragonhawk
2x Explosive Trap
2x Misdirection
2x Snipe
2x Ironbeak Owl
2x Novice Engineer
2x Starving Buzzard
2x Eaglehorn Bow
2x Deadly Shot
2x Kill Command

This is what I had:

1x Arcane Shot
1x Flare
1x Snake Trap
1x Starving Buzzard
1x Scavenging Hyena
2x Explosive Trap
2x Animal Companion
2x Freeze Trap
2x Misdirection
2x Snipe
2x Deadly Shot
2x Kill Command
1x Emperor Cobra
2x Ironbeak Owl
1x Explosive Shot
1x Onyxia
1x Jungle Panther
1x Secret Keeper
1x Eaglehorn Bow
1x Gladiator's Bow
2x Multishot

This is what I've since changed it to:

1x Arcane Shot
2x Snake Trap
1x Starving Buzzard
1x Scavenging Hyena
2x Explosive Trap
2x Freeze Trap
2x Snipe
2x Misdirect
2x Snake Trap
2x Deadly Shot
1x Multishot
1x Abomination
1x Ironbeak Owl
1x Jungle Panther
1x Eaglehorn Bow
1x Secret Keeper
1x Gladiator's Bow
1x King Krush
2x Kill Command
2x Animal Companion
1x Explosive Shot

One of the benefits of playing a primarily secret deck that you might not expect is that, not only do you get the benefits of the secrets when they are triggered, but it also throws your opponent off balance. They never know quite what to play and not knowing what you have up and how it will react to what they play - makes them second guess themselves a lot and leads to them making mistakes or gambling with risky moves.

Also, if you end up playing against another removal-heavy deck like rogue, it gives you the added advantage of making a lot of their cards semi-worthless because a lot of times you won't even need to play creatures.

It's particularly funny when you play against a class that likes to get really big tough creatures or buff their creatures a lot like warrior, priest, paladin - and they get this massive creature built up and attack you with it, only to get misdirected back to their own hero or another creature they have.

I won a game like that against a priest who had played a light spawn, hit it with divine spirit twice and attacked me with it. I had 12 hp left and he had 16 hp left. The light spawn, which went from 4 -> 8 -> 16 was misdirected back to him and finished himself off lol
Edited by Pham on 9/26/2013 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pham, I'm confused. Your deck doesn't have anything to do with the strategy of the deck being mentioned in this thread. You don't even have Unleash the Hounds in your list at all. Am I missing something?
Reply Quote
Pham, I'm confused. Your deck doesn't have anything to do with the strategy of the deck being mentioned in this thread. You don't even have Unleash the Hounds in your list at all. Am I missing something?

Yes. Apparently you are.

Here's the list (I'm sure the guy I played against had a couple different cards, but this is my list):

There were 2 decks being mentioned:
1) That of the one Derek played against (mine)
2) The separate one that Derek came up with afterward

and since Derek never was able to specify what the deck was exactly that he played against (That would be hard to do just from playing against it), I thought I'd lay it out for those who were curious.

And just in case anyone was curious where I got the idea for the deck from - I got it from Lumin's "Super Secret Vol.1" deck that he featured in one of his youtube videos a while back www.youtube.com/talesoflumin
Edited by Pham on 9/26/2013 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Pham

Yes. Apparently you are.

and since Derek never was able to specify what the deck was exactly that he played against (That would be hard to do just from playing against it), I thought I'd lay it out for those who were curious.

And just in case anyone was curious where I got the idea for the deck from - I got it from Lumin's "Super Secret Vol.1" deck that he featured in one of his youtube videos a while back www.youtube.com/talesoflumin

Sorry, Pham. It wasn't you I played against. The person I played against beat me both times on turn 8-9 by playing lots of cheap beasts with Unleash the Hounds for 20+ damage. I'm pretty sure I've never seen your deck before.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Derek

Yes. Apparently you are.

Sorry, Pham. It wasn't you I played against. The person I played against beat me both times on turn 8-9 by playing lots of cheap beasts with Unleash the Hounds for 20+ damage. I'm pretty sure I've never seen your deck before.

I knew I wasn't crazy. I had absolutely no clue what the hell he was talking about in posting his deck here, as it didn't relate to the thread AT ALL...lol.
Reply Quote

Yes. Apparently you are.

Actually, you have played me before. No, it wasn't me who beat you with unleash the hounds, but I have played you - a couple times actually - and beaten you each time with that hunter deck.
Edited by Pham on 9/27/2013 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have played you pham a few times. I Was not all that impressed. Conceding on tur 6 for shame on you.
Reply Quote

Actually, you have played me before. No, it wasn't me who beat you with unleash the hounds, but I have played you - a couple times actually - and beaten you each time with that hunter deck.

Mmmmm....no. I've lost only four games since playing this deck. One was a ton of taunters. One was a ton of Divine Shield. One was a mirror match against someone playing the same deck as me. One was a rush Hunter deck. That's it.
Reply Quote

Mmmmm....no. I've lost only four games since playing this deck. One was a ton of taunters. One was a ton of Divine Shield. One was a mirror match against someone playing the same deck as me. One was a rush Hunter deck. That's it.

Just ignore him bro. Sounds like Pham got beat bad by someone running this deck and is upset about it, lol.
Reply Quote

Just ignore him bro. Sounds like Pham got beat bad by someone running this deck and is upset about it, lol.
YES HE DID.
Reply Quote
This deck loses to my shaman control deck every time.
Reply Quote
I use this deck, and I still hate it.
Reply Quote
09/28/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Ogrumz

Card list, please. Not much discussion to be had with a statement like that, that gives no one anything to think about.
Reply Quote
09/29/2013 12:17 AMPosted by Derek

Card list, please. Not much discussion to be had with a statement like that, that gives no one anything to think about.

It is in the shaman forums, and I have played Tallywag atleast 6 times and he uses a better version of this deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]