The best hunter deck I've seen so far

Hi, I'm a relatively new person to hearthstone but I've played a bit of MTG so I got the concept of this play style relatively quickly.

I have to say, this deck is really fun to play. I had already made a deck similar to this but after reading a lot of the posts, I tweaked mine a bit with cards I own to replace the ones that I don't currently have. I don't know about OP or the other people that have all the necessary cards, but I love the amount of gamble it takes to win. I've had games where the last card I got from my buzzard was UTH and I've had games where I'd have two buzzards and play 3-4 1 mana cost beasts and still NOT be able to get UTH ( I know I'm extremely unlucky T_T ). But win or lose, this deck is just pure fun :D

P.S. On my way to Diamond 1 after only a day of playing ranked.
Reply Quote
I made some changes to my deck and have been so busy with a job that the company I own had to take over full time programming duties for one of my clients who had their in-house programmer quit. In addition to that 40 hour work week I have to deal with, I still have to also handle my other clients as well and their needs based off of contracts I have with them for certain services that I provide.

I'll be teaching one of my employees how the servers and systems work for that particular company so that I'm not the one doing this full time work for that client and I'll get him to do the work instead. After I get that swapped over, I have more videos to post plus some interesting new ideas I want to try out.

One thing I've learned recently is that Tracking CAN be a very useful card but a mistake a lot of people make is that they play it very early in the game, on turn 1, for example. You know when you are better offer using tracking? Late in the game when you are faced with a scenario where you need just ONE SPECIFIC CARD such as an explosive trap, perhaps a misdirection, a kill command....basically something you need specifically or else you have a high likelihood of losing the game.

If you use tracking at the start of the game, you are just wasting the potential of the card since you are blindly drawing something at that early point in the game where it could serve a much better use if you save it for the late-game.

The uniqueness of this deck comes from the fact that it can be created with *COMPLETELY* different card choices, and as long as a few general core cards are in the mix, like Unleash the Hounds, Ironbeak Owl, Timber Wolf, and Young Dragonhawk, then you can literally switch around the rest of the cards in the deck and the same strategy holds. There are so many different ways to play this deck idea with completely different cards and that just makes it awesome.

For those who were asking for some videos of this deck in action, like Derek said previously, I do have some on my youtube channel. Below is a direct link to my Hunter Unleash the Hounds video category showing off some videos. A lot of them are weeks or even a month old as like I said, I've been so busy that I haven't had time to play, let alone record videos. Luckily, that will change soon. :)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lVLTAUghSg&list=PLMuG-XKYYkxNU-CQ3AbsIE13N8cL7CwON

The most recent upload is located below and shows two wins AND two losses. By watching the losses, you can see some weaknesses to the deck. Namely, in both cases, taunt heavy opponents plus the lack of drawing Unleash the Hounds led to the losses. Watching videos of the losses can be more important than watching videos of the wins, in my opinion, as the potential to learn how to get around possible problems that can occur is INVALUABLE. Again, that's just my opinion and the reasoning behind why I posted two videos of my losses as well instead of simply showing you only some of my wins. Link to the two win/two loss video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQm9_tElEJs

Enjoy. If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or via YouTube and I'll try to help as quickly as possible.
Reply Quote
Yeah this deck is pretty noob dude Dragonhawk? I play a Hunter a lot and I do very well this deck is lacking a few things

2 x Explosive shot is so OP youre crazy not to have it
Unleash the hounds is way to under powered as well never seen a good use for it
Flare is ok but if you going to have flare then its silly to have tracking too this deck has no late game at all.

You need late game just in case you don't get good cards to start or else this is silly
Reply Quote
Yeah this deck is pretty noob dude Dragonhawk? I play a Hunter a lot and I do very well this deck is lacking a few things

Flare is ok but if you going to have flare then its silly to have tracking too this deck has no late game at all.

You need late game just in case you don't get good cards to start or else this is silly

0/10 dude, you are trying way too hard.
Reply Quote

Either people are too lazy to read the entire forum post or they just do not understand how to play the deck.

Or as Sharpshooter pointed out, you are simply trolling.
Reply Quote
I've been trying out this deck with a few variations (not enough dust / don't have the right cards), but so far it's been working wonders for me, even against damage heavy decks like mage spell builds and other hunter beast rushes. I sadly had to replace the Eaglehorn Bow with a Gladiator's Longbow because I don't have the Eaglehorn Bow yet, but so far it's a decent replacement. I've replaced the cards I don't have (Misdirection x2, an extra Flare) with stealth beasts like Jungle Panther and it seems to be working okay.

The deck build seems to do well in both ranked and unranked matches. Sadly I've been stuck at Platinum 1 star for quite awhile - does progress in a rank reset ever Tuesday or something? I haven't been losing a lot with this deck.
Reply Quote

Either people are too lazy to read the entire forum post or they just do not understand how to play the deck.

Or as Sharpshooter pointed out, you are simply trolling.

Most likely trolling or maybe lacking understanding of the deck mechanics. Even if you struggle and go late game, this deck has quite a few nice tricks up its sleeve.

Also, while some people might be too lazy to read anything but the original forum post, I feel the comments are very important for enhancing the understanding of this build, as a lot of card choices are explained well throughout the thread.
Reply Quote
Great deck, but curious, in tournament play, how do you deal with defender of argus, sunfury protecter and taunts on turn 6 and 7?
Reply Quote
Chiyeung:

Two taunters (Argus, Protector, Feral Spirits, Mirror, etc...) can be neutralized by a single owl buffed by UtH and Wolf... Silence one and kill the other. Three taunters however are almost impossible to handle AND score the kill the same turn. Two owl's are just too expensive.

The hunter needs the UtH and one buzzard just to combo, 3 mana. Add one owl and 5 mana is already spend without damaging the opponent, If you consider one more owl or something to take out the third taunter the combo is worthless to pull out at all giving extra turn for the enemy to react or kill you.

So it is very wise for the opponent to play three taunters on turn 6 and keep them alive for a turn or two...
Reply Quote
I would take out one deadly shot for one multi shot,will be much more helpful.Especially when mid-game,when your opponent starts spamming monsters.

Although,I have my doubts regarding the win ratio stated in the first post,this deck looses around 60% of the time,too much rng.
Edited by PainKiller on 11/6/2013 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haven't been able to play seriously in about two weeks. This weekend I'll finally have some time to play Hearthstone again. The last time I played I made some slight tweaks to my deck and I

Also, I have a microphone/headset and I'm going to try to voice-over any new youtube videos while I'm playing (if it works) to try to explain why I make certain decisions.

Can't wait to have time to play more! :) Work has been very hectic after my company had a client who had their in-house programmer just up and quit so my company had to take on full time programming tasks that the previous programmer was doing, in addition to the work of all my other clients we still have on contract. I'm in the process of training one of my employees how to work with that particular client's systems so that I don't have to deal with it and I can have much more free time.
Reply Quote
I would take out one deadly shot for one multi shot,will be much more helpful.Especially when mid-game,when your opponent starts spamming monsters.

Although,I have my doubts regarding the win ratio stated in the first post,this deck looses around 60% of the time,too much rng.

You shouldn't be losing that much. Most of the people on this thread (fans of the deck, and those who hate it because they lose to it too much) would attest to that. Also, the most recent Blizzard-sponsored tournament was won by a guy playing a deck similar to this.

I used to run multi-shot. It ended up being a dead card too often, as I found the opponent kept only one minion on the board more than I thought. Plus, with all the answers this deck has, it really doesn't need that many multiple-target answers.
Edited by Derek on 11/6/2013 9:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Did anyone try Coldlight Oracle ?I just tried 2x in a few duels,this card works great in this deck,I don't give a damn how many cards my opponent draws(especially early in the game),and most of the time,If I get this card early,I'm guaranteed to pull a combo,turn 6-7.

I replaced 2 snipes for now,thinking about taking out Buzzards.Or at least maybe 1.
Edited by PainKiller on 11/7/2013 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Did anyone try Coldlight Oracle ?I just tried 2x in a few duels,this card works great in this deck,I don't give a damn how many cards my opponent draws(especially early in the game),and most of the time,If I get this card early,I'm guaranteed to pull a combo,turn 6-7.

I replaced 2 snipes for now,thinking about taking out Buzzards.Or at least maybe 1.

I actually took out the Engineers to put Oracles in. I've been really liking it too. Plus, since I pulled out the boars put put crabs in, I can kill my own oracle after attacking with it to boost my crab's damage on the turn I use the combo.

I personally wouldn't want to get rid of Snipe. It's an extra secret to help the bow stay in play, and the unexpected four damage has paid off more than I ever imagined it would in many, many games.
Reply Quote

I actually took out the Engineers to put Oracles in. I've been really liking it too. Plus, since I pulled out the boars put put crabs in, I can kill my own oracle after attacking with it to boost my crab's damage on the turn I use the combo.

I personally wouldn't want to get rid of Snipe. It's an extra secret to help the bow stay in play, and the unexpected four damage has paid off more than I ever imagined it would in many, many games.

What about Buzzards ?They're not such a reliable draw power,you're not gonna waste your 1 levels early in the game,and during the end you're either otking or gambling.
Reply Quote
What about Buzzards ?They're not such a reliable draw power,you're not gonna waste your 1 levels early in the game,and during the end you're either otking or gambling.

I don't usually use Buzzards to find UtH but rather to find more of my one drop beasts when I try to go off. They're also nice to use as bait to shield myself/kill a creature as people are so quick to get rid of them (as they should).
Reply Quote
After talking to animal, I started playing ranked.

Over 20 games , my record was 13-7 (65 percent). Which placed me in about platinum one.

My lowest win ratio was 0 percent against 2 games warlocks.

http://puu.sh/5bE2s.jpg

This is my deck. It mainly consist of free cards and some cards I crafted.

It relies on clearing the board and waiting for the right cards to come into play around turn 7. I really want flare and misdirection, and snake trap but I have no money atm.
Reply Quote
I can attest to the foolishness of using tracking too early. I once used tracking and drew my two UtH cards and one buzzard. Sadly I had to pick one UtH and lose the other UtH and my buzzard. I lost that game.
Reply Quote
Yeah @strangelove, i always save tracking now. Just hit diamond 1 with my form of UTH control.
Reply Quote

I still run two buzzards. On a very rare occasion, I'll play one with some useless minions to get a few cards if I desperately need an answer. Otherwise, they're only used on the combo turn if I still don't have all the pieces of the combo. They've saved my !@# more than once that way. More often than not, though, they're just not THAT important.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]