Win 2 Battles with Druid

EASIER SAID THAN DONE!

One and a half hour later and I got only 1 battle won with this lame Druid.

Ugh!!
Reply Quote
Are you asking for advice or just venting?
Reply Quote
It's not as hard as you make it sound. I'm a 3-star master and I got there with my druid deck. Try going spell heavy. That works wonders for me.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
EASIER SAID THAN DONE!

Ugh!!

There are a couple things that made my druid deck better:

Spell cards plus minions that have +1 spell power effects (Dalaran mage at 3 mana is my current favorite since it is more durable than the geomancer).

Minions that buff other minions. While the spells that buff your minions are okay, minions that buff other minions are much better, since they give you much better board control.

Use innervates (& coin) only when they help you summon larger creatures or multiple things in late-game, not to summon lowbie minions early.

Minions that can silence other minions can help keep things on the other side from getting out of hand.

Several spells or minions that let you draw more cards. Druids are really poor if they don't have good draw power, which is what the basic deck is really lacking.
Edited by Lissanna on 9/1/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
Okay, here's a deck I put together that only has a few premium cards, of common quality (e.g., only 40 dust each to build):

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/druid#42:2;165:2;184:1;238:2;258:2;329:2;388:2;434:1;435:2;479:2;502:2;548:2;564:2;604:2;620:2;667:2;

I like power of the wild since it gives you the option to either buff minions or summon a minion. You could pick another common minion in its place (direwolf alphas would work great in this deck if you had those. Voodoo doctor or bluegill warrior would work as no-cost alternatives). If you had soul of the forest instead, that could fill its place.

The ironbeak owl and spellbreaker cards are great cards to get your hands on for many decks. So, ironbeak owl could be used in place of spellbreaker if you had those instead. This counters pretty much any really bad card (e.g., legendary minions weep at these cards). Naturalize is also a really important board control card if you have access to that (though it has the cost of letting people draw cards - so you may not want to play two of these in a game). The deck I made is still pretty weak if you go up against people who play lots of minions (unless you can get starfall cards in your hand). So, naturalize can play a big role if you really need to get something off the board.

I really like having at least one Starfall in my deck. I haven't been able to afford a second one. I avoided it here to give a good starting deck that cost little money/resources, but starfall is really the best card that wins me games, especially combined with spell power minions (so, you could easily do 4 damage to all minions in one turn if you stack your cards right). For the spell power buffing minions, you do have some flexibility with which one you choose. The Kobold Geomancer can be nice when playing it out at the same time with a starfall.

You want to save swipe for when you can combo it with a spell power minion and when you can take out several small minions, or really dangerous minions. For single minions, it is better to use a starfire or other options.

If you want to play more aggressive, you can pick up more minions with charge in place of taunt minions. However, I like taunt minions to protect my buffing minions in this deck. In this case, the druid of the claw is one of my favorite (e.g., choose between charge or taunt).
Edited by Lissanna on 9/1/2013 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What sort of deck are you using?
Reply Quote
EASIER SAID THAN DONE!

Ugh!!

Just be happy your daily quest isn't to win 5 battles with a Druid (like mine today). At the rate my Druid deck has been going, it'll probably take me a week.
Reply Quote
Druid is among the top classes in the game (actually, probably right to next to or just below Rogue). Craft them rares!

PS - Druid of the Claw, Swipe, and Ironbark Protector not even rare!
Reply Quote
Druid is among the top classes in the game (actually, probably right to next to or just below Rogue). Craft them rares!

To be honest, Druid is pretty much strongest in constructed right now, just look at the latest tournaments, 2P invinational had druid on 1st and 2nd, latest managrind had druid 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th (4th was priest)
Reply Quote
Druid is very strong!

They have a lot of powerful removal spells: Wrath, Claw, Swipe, Starfire, and also Bite and Starfall at rare.

The Ironbark Protector and Druid of the Claw are excellent common/free creatures, both of which are a nightmare to deal with.

I avoid using Innervate, since it requires having another good card in hand, and can lead to you using two cards only to lose the creature to one spell. If you have a Gadgetzan Auctioneer (a rare you should probably get anyway - very useful for many classes), it becomes more interesting.

Overall, make good use of druids' multiple choice cards. They're all pretty great.
Reply Quote
Druids tends to run a lot more rare+ than some of the other classes, which is probably why. If you had to construct a druid deck using only basic, it would probably be pretty bad, if you used only basic/common, it still wouldn't be great. Some classes, like mage or rogue, you could make a pretty great deck using just common/basic (or even just basic).
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 08:25 AMPosted by zephyr77
It's not as hard as you make it sound. I'm a 3-star master and I got there with my druid deck. Try going spell heavy. That works wonders for me.

Doesn't that just mean you spent a lot of time playing?

To be honest, Druid is pretty much strongest in constructed right now, just look at the latest tournaments, 2P invinational had druid on 1st and 2nd, latest managrind had druid 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th (4th was priest)

A tournament right now isn't proving diddly.
Edited by Morbidity on 9/28/2013 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
EASIER SAID THAN DONE!

Ugh!!

Just be happy your daily quest isn't to win 5 battles with a Druid (like mine today). At the rate my Druid deck has been going, it'll probably take me a week.

Well i have this quest and other class it has on is Rogue with i have lvl 1. I have not a single worth mentioning rare/epic for Druid. Starter cards are terrible for this class.

Worse is that right now Priest is instant loose for me because nature of druids and mind control.
Reply Quote
lol i did 9-1 in Arena with druid i believe druid is very powerful late game try to find what's the weakness of your deck and fix it maybe?
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Bloodman
lol i did 9-1 in Arena with druid i believe druid is very powerful late game try to find what's the weakness of your deck and fix it maybe?

Are you stupid? We talk about starter druid deck... you know free cards that you get up to lvl 10...
Arena is completely different story.
Reply Quote
Other than the couple of classes I've spent time constructing decks, I just use the starter decks to complete dailies. That being said, I feel the druid starter deck is by far the weakest. However, well constructed Druid decks are extremely good.
Reply Quote
Druid requires a lot of commons and and even some rares to be "good", but you could probably make an aggro deck with savage roar work.
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Dejekt
Druid requires a lot of commons and and even some rares to be "good", but you could probably make an aggro deck with savage roar work.

Sadly, in the end it still inferior version of shaman aggro :(
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Smash

Are you stupid? We talk about starter druid deck... you know free cards that you get up to lvl 10...
Arena is completely different story.

yeah i guess i'm stupid the first posts don't mention anything about that and all the starter decks suck
Reply Quote
Druid is not suitable for a beginner at all. Glad to notice that I dont suck because Im stupid as a boot(which this game makes me think many times). Need some good cards and more expierience.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]