Windfury v. Windspeaker

I can't make up my mind which is better. I feel like Windspeaker is the better choice, just because I feel like it does more to secure board position and is more card efficient. What's the consensus here, or is there a consensus? Does it depend on the deck?
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 06:57 AMPosted by tangmcgame
I can't make up my mind which is better. I feel like Windspeaker is the better choice, just because I feel like it does more to secure board position and is more card efficient. What's the consensus here, or is there a consensus? Does it depend on the deck?

I think it depends on the deck. I've flipped between the two depending on what else I have in my deck. Windspeaker is better in that the buff comes with another minion on your side of the board, but Windfury is easier to combo.
Reply Quote
Depends on the deck, if you use cards that combo off of spells, Auctioneer or Mana Addict.

Mana addict especially can get crazy really quick

Casting rock biter and wind fury alone turns that 1/3 into a 8/3 with windfury,
Reply Quote
Windspeaker is definitely the better choice in Arena. For 2 more mana you are also getting a 3/3 on the board. Windfury is only better for spell-related or other specific combos like the mana addict one mentioned.
Reply Quote
I have to agree with everyone else and say that windspeaker is the better choice almost always.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I think so, too. No matter what turn it is, I'd rather draw the Windspeaker than Windfury. It's more board advantage at the cost of situational tempo plays. The spell Windfury sits in my hand oftentimes, whereas the other day I dropped a Windspeaker because the only other minion I had out was a SP totem and I needed to get some meat in play. So I gave windfury to my 0/2 totem. Which didn't matter until turn 10...when I double Bloodlusted. Can't believe my opponent let it sit there for 2 or 3 turns, but I bet he or she never does that again.
Edited by tangmcgame on 9/3/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dammit you should've got that on video :P
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 07:10 PMPosted by tangmcgame
Yeah, I think so, too. No matter what turn it is, I'd rather draw the Windspeaker than Windfury. It's more board advantage at the cost of situational tempo plays. The spell Windfury sits in my hand oftentimes, whereas the other day I dropped a Windspeaker because the only other minion I had out was a SP totem and I needed to get some meat in play. So I gave windfury to my 0/2 totem. Which didn't matter until turn 10...when I double Bloodlusted. Can't believe my opponent let it sit there for 2 or 3 turns, but I bet he or she never does that again.

Ive actually done that a few times. Not sure if people just forget we can buff it or they forget we gave it windfury.
Reply Quote
well 2 mana for windfurr or 1 mana ... i would take the monster always .
Also with second you trade 1 card for 2 things . In first case you need a card + another card to get same effect
Reply Quote
I used to think Windspeaker was better for the minion plant but my view has changed.

When you use a lot of overload cards in your deck, that low cost buff can really be a blessing (Err.. not a pun) and it's hard to justify playing a 4 cost 3/3.

If you're having trouble getting minions on the board chances are you won't be able to windspeaker anything great that is already able to attack and you've just used a large chunk of your mana pool for a mediocre minion.
Edited by Platypus on 11/7/2013 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why not have both! =)

You can never have enough WINDFURY!!!
Reply Quote
In my first win in unranked play, i managed to get a 9/9 frostwolf warlord buffed with rockbiter and windfury from a windspeaker to win the game with 5 life against a rogue that had lethal next turn. Was so happy when I top decked it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]