Shadow Priest Deck

The following is my Shadow Priest Deck that I am still trying to perfect. I like gimick control decks and this one is a lot of fun for me...

2x Silence
2x Mind Vision
2x Leper Gnome
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Greater Heal
2x Mind Blast
2x Shadow Word: Pain
2x Loot Hoarder
2x Shadowform
2x Coldlight Oracle
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Auchenai Soulpriest
2x Holy Nova
2x Abomination
1x Sylvanas Windrunner (May replace her with Molten Giant)
1x Prophet Velen

Play is pretty simple, try to do early damage with Leper Gnome/Loot Hoarder/Voodoo Doctor, while stalling out until you can get your win conditions.

Win Condition 1: If you are playing against Control, Auchenai Soulpriest + 2x Greater Heal
Win Condition 2: If you are playing against Aggro, control the board with Holy Nova/Abomination and then Prophet Velen + 1x Mind Blast (2x if you saved coin for turn 10)

Voodoo Doctor and Earthen Ring Farseer work well to help your hero survive or deal damage once the Auchenai Soulpriest has hit the board. (I usually will never play her until I have at least 1 greater heal in my hand.. so turn 6)

Coldlight Oracle is good at keeping your opponents hand full, while helping you search for answers, and Shadowform allows you to control the board against more tempo decks.
Reply Quote
I've actually been working on a similar deck shown here:

http://www.wowhead.com/hearthstone/deckbuilder#zVMc58MdP8Mjt8MNP8Mrz8MmD8MmX8Mb8MsV8zR8zs8MNS8MuW8Mis8MMb8Mw2

I've been thinking about including Coldlight Oracles for a while and I might just have to get over my infatuation with Ironbeak Owls in every deck. But I like the idea so far.

I originally had Shadowform but it's a little too permanent for my liking.
Reply Quote
If you want to see some Shadow Priest action check out my stream! :D

http://www.twitch.tv/mrsamuels/

99% spriest all day every day
Reply Quote
hi, i'm new to priests (mostly been playing shaman) and I tried out your deck. It hasn't treated me very kindly and i've been getting owned. Maybe because i'm still kinda new to it.

I have every card in your deck except for Sylvanas (Have a Sea Giant instead) and i subbed a loot hoarder out for Thalnos. Can you give me some more detail on how you win cause i suck #@! at it right now? hahaha
Reply Quote
I've tried out a shadow priest deck but it doesn't work out too well because I'm missing some key cards, mainly the legendaries. I have a killer minion buff deck though.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 09:06 PMPosted by cramsey86
x Greater Heal
2x Mind Blast
2x Shadow Word: Pain
Reply Quote
http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=22803/shadowpriest

tried a deck here

feel free to comment!

have had some thoughts exchanging some adding Ancient Watchers or Auchenai Soulpriest, maybe put a cult master in aswell
Edited by Zentho on 1/29/2014 1:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Would a pyromancer/PW:S combo help control the board early game?

I have been considering making a SP deck (I have enough dust to craft Velen and 2 shadowforms, but am having a hard time committing as I could instead make a sylvie or pagle), but I just don't know yet! Any thoughts/advice? I personally don't feel that Sylvie is worth it, though pagle seems pretty solid though easy to kill. And a SP deck sounds fun....
Reply Quote
It's fun to play with these cards, but eventually you will realize that you won't get far.

Losing games praying to pull Soulpriest and Circle of healing to stop the flood of 4 power creatures(or just lots of creatures period) happens more than you like think about.

I had a similar deck for awhile, I used both Pandaren brewmasters with Farseers and Witch Docs to bounce them for additional healing/damage depending on if Soulpriest was out, I also used them to bounce soulpriest back to my hand in case I wanted to go back to being able to heal.

Ultimately though, the less combos you have in your deck, the better your deck does. Sadly this game does not have the depth of a more traditional CCG like MTG.
Reply Quote
I just put together this deck for a laugh, but for some reason (maybe it's just different) it's not doing too badly:

1 x Silence (I only have 1)
2 x Holy Smite
2 x Mind Vision
2 x Power Word Shield (really for card draw)
1 x Leper Gnome (I only have 1)
2 x Mind Blast
2 x Shadow Word Pain
1 x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2 x Shadow Word Death
2 x Shadowform
2 x Flesh Eating Ghoul
1 x Harvest Golem
1 x Mass Dispel (Mostly for card draw)
2 x Cult Master
1 x Mogu'shan Warden
1 x Abomination (I only have one)
1 x Gurubashi Berserker
1 x Cabal Shadow Priest
1 x Temple Enforcer
2 x Mind Control

Obviously, this is a budget deck, it can be improved vastly with some other cards like Thoughtsteal and Shadow Madness and more undead like Sylvanus.

The deck is 'themed' somewhat to put in evil / shadow creatures. You use the spells and low cost taunts to stall for late game, where you steal your opponents most powerful cards. Of course, if you don't get good card draw (e.g., Shadowform) it can fall apart real fast. I think it's real weak to rush decks, too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]