Links to successful deck builds?

Hello,

Does anyone have any links to some solid/proven Druid builds?

Thanks
Reply Quote
I can tell you the deck I use. I might be a little off on some of the cards, but this is a rough representation:

x2 Moonfire
x2 Claw
x2 Worgen Infiltrator (might switch to leper gnome later)
x2 Novice Engineer
x2 Kobold Geomancer
x2 Wrath
x2 Dalaran Mage
x2 Swipe
x1 Ogre Magi
x2 Keeper of the Grove
x1 Gadgetzan Auctioneer
x2 Starfall
x2 Druid of the Claw
x1 Azure Drake
x2 Starfire
x2 Ironbark Protector

Again, this isn't exact, but I can handle 3-star master decks with this. The best part is that no card is higher than a rare, so it should be fairly simple to make.
Reply Quote
Thanks Zephyr. Out of curiosity, what would you modify / enhance if you had access to all the cards in the game?
Reply Quote
If card availability wasn't an issue, I'd probably start by working in Ancient of Lore for a bit of extra card draw or, if necessary, healing. I'd also try Malygos. +5 spell power would be huge in this deck, especially with Moonfire on the same turn. Bloodmage Thalnos could help as well.
Reply Quote
I can tell you I have faced off against zephyr a few times. His deck definitely can hold up in masters league. I run a less minion heavy similar deck to this, but also running nothing over rares. Druid is one of the most budget friendly strong decks.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 10:16 AMPosted by zephyr77
If card availability wasn't an issue, I'd probably start by working in Ancient of Lore for a bit of extra card draw or, if necessary, healing. I'd also try Malygos. +5 spell power would be huge in this deck, especially with Moonfire on the same turn. Bloodmage Thalnos could help as well.

I was directed here from the Mage forum to try to make a deck work with Alexstrazsa. I was using mage and stalling until Alexstrazsa, then a couple of fireballs and the game is pretty much over. It was suggested I try druid as I could get her out faster. I read your post about Malygos + Moonfire, which has me intrigued because I am lucky enough to have both Alexstrazsa AND Malygos. Do you think a successful druid deck could be built with both of them?

[edit - will start a new thread for it]
Edited by Starscream on 9/4/2013 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Zeph - what is your reason for using Claw vs. Bite? Assuming either mana / mana curve choice or you don't have Bite cards?
Reply Quote
Claw is more for early removal. Compare the mana costs of the two. Claw costs 1 for 2 attack and armor where bite costs 4 for 4 attack and armor. The key to my deck is to efficiently remove the minions on the opposite side. While they try to get something to stick, they're burning a lot of cards to try to get position. The earlier I can start removing threats, the sooner they burn out.
Reply Quote
No minion removal means the deck is dependent on straight damage for taking out things like a much-pumped Questing Adventurer, VanCleef, or Priest multiplying-buff minion. That's why I run at least 1 Naturalize.

Aside from cheaply taking out minions that took many cards to create, Naturalize is also good for removing a taunt minion to enable a "win this turn" play.

Ah -- it's also fun against players (often Warlocks) who would be drawing a 10th card on their turn anyway.
Edited by Sounder on 9/5/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been playing around with a Druid Starter Deck (all basic cards) and think this works pretty well.

Khalanil's Druid Starter Deck
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/6861-khalanils-druid-starter-deck
    Moonfire (2)
    Claw (2)
    Mark of the Wild (2)
    Acidic Swamp Ooze (2)
    Healing Touch (2)
    Dalaran Mage (2)
    Ironfur Grizzly (2)
    Swipe (2)
    Dragonling Mechanic (2)
    Gnomish Inventor (2)
    Ogre Magi (2)
    Stormpike Commando (2)
    Starfire (2)
    Lord of the Arena (2)
    Ironbark Protector (2)

- Dalaran Mage and Ogre Magi provide Spell Power
    - Mark of the Wild, Ironfur Grizzly, Lord of the Arena, and Ironbark Protector provide Taunt.
Reply Quote
I'm currently playing with Krippi's all basic aggro deck:

Innervate (2)
Goldshire Footman (2)
Elven Archer (2)
Claw (2)
Murloc Tidehunter (2)
Mark of the Wild (2)
Novice Engineer (2)
Ironfur Grizzly (2)
Savage Roar (2)
Razorfen Hunter (2)
Raid Leader (2)
Swipe (2)
Gnomish Inventor (1)
Sen'Jin Shieldmasta (2)
Starfire (2)
Stormwind Champion (1)

since it's an aggro deck you are vulnerable to mass removals but you can handle most decks just fine. currently in platinum, fastest win was in 4th turn. it's fun and you already have all cards for the deck if you have a level 10 druid.
Reply Quote
I can tell you the deck I use. I might be a little off on some of the cards, but this is a rough representation:

x2 Moonfire
x2 Claw
x2 Novice Engineer
x2 Kobold Geomancer
x2 Wrath
x2 Dalaran Mage
x2 Swipe
x1 Ogre Magi
x2 Keeper of the Grove
x1 Gadgetzan Auctioneer
x2 Starfall
x2 Druid of the Claw
x1 Azure Drake
x2 Starfire
x2 Ironbark Protector

Again, this isn't exact, but I can handle 3-star master decks with this. The best part is that no card is higher than a rare, so it should be fairly simple to make.

I'm still pretty new to the game. Played some TCG's over 13 years ago (before high school and into my freshman year). Your deck netted me five wins (I think) and 0 losses.

The first time playing it I was sure to lose, but I won with 1 HP left. Next game, I won with 10 HP left, and it's gradually getting better. I'm still getting used to it, and it's great. I switched out the Worgen Infiltrator for the Leper gnome as you had said it's something you might do. It worked great ^_^ I like your build.
Reply Quote
2x Innervate
1x Naturalize
2x Mark of the Wild
1x Power of the wild
2x Wild growth
2x Wrath
1x Ancient Watcher
2x Bluegill Warrior
1x Ironbeak Owl
1x Healing touch
2x Dalaran Mage
1x Questing Adventurer
1x Soul of the Forest
2x Swipe
4x Keeper of the Grove
1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Starfall
1x Booty Bay Bodygaurd
1x Druid of the Claw
2x Starfire
1x Ancient of war
1x Ironbark Protector

So far has been pretty decent for me... still requires more tweaks but it's gettin there. People tend to underestimate Mark of the Wild and Ancient Protector combo. If they choose to silence, it then has the ability to attack. It usually baits out some poly/assassinates/Hexs.
Edited by Possum on 9/11/2013 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

x2 Moonfire
x2 Claw
x2 Novice Engineer
x2 Kobold Geomancer
x2 Wrath
x2 Dalaran Mage
x2 Swipe
x1 Ogre Magi
x2 Keeper of the Grove
x1 Gadgetzan Auctioneer
x2 Starfall
x2 Druid of the Claw
x1 Azure Drake
x2 Starfire
x2 Ironbark Protector

Coming back with an update on this deck I'm using by this man right here (using the leper gnomes as suggested).

Just hit 3 star Diamond a moment ago, taking a break. Started ranked games just last night. I'm not sure if it's just super easy to rank up, or this deck is just that great. Thanks for the build Zephyr, maybe you'd like to do a best 3 out of 5 match against me with it ^_^.
Reply Quote
Coming back with an update on this deck I'm using by this man right here (using the leper gnomes as suggested).

Just hit 3 star Diamond a moment ago, taking a break. Started ranked games just last night. I'm not sure if it's just super easy to rank up, or this deck is just that great. Thanks for the build Zephyr, maybe you'd like to do a best 3 out of 5 match against me with it ^_^.

I appreciate the fact that you like my deck. That setup is a bit outdated, though. I still have the deck, but I've made a few tweaks. Added another Azure Drake, threw in Loot Hoarders, and a few other adjustments. If you're serious about the duel, I'm up for it.
Reply Quote

I appreciate the fact that you like my deck. That setup is a bit outdated, though. I still have the deck, but I've made a few tweaks. Added another Azure Drake, threw in Loot Hoarders, and a few other adjustments. If you're serious about the duel, I'm up for it.

What is that you run nowadays? I use a very similar deck and have had success putting in nourish for oh !@#$ moments in lategame when all draws have gone against you, and ancient of lore as a big beefy minion that can draw or heal, and add significant board presence on its own.
Reply Quote
Been trying zephyr's deck lately, and I'm extremely tempted to swap out the Protectors for something else. Seems like they're both just dead cards. If they end up in your hand early that's two wasted spots; if you play them late nearly every other deck has some way to deal with them instantly. The only times they've ever been useful to me is if the other person has completely exhausted their cards and is top decking.
Reply Quote
So, because I don't have access to the other Ancients (not even sure how they would do with this deck), I decided to replace the Protectors with 2x Archmage [4/7; +1 spellpower; 6 mana]. Been having more success with those two cards than with the Protectors. I also replaced the Ogre Magi with a Bite, and threw in another Azure Drake for that 30th card spot that was missing (if I ever get a Malygos, it will go there).

So the reason I replaced Ogre Magi is because I simply felt it was too large a target for what it gave. The mana cost is high enough that combo'ing it with other cards was never viable until mid-late game, and because it was a 4/4 (not even considering it gives spellpower) it was being taken off the board nearly instantly. The reason I replaced it with Bite (even though it's not as efficient as Claw) is because, excluding the spellpower, you essentially get the 4/4 power of the Ogre Magi, but usable as a very strong removal tool mid-late game. Using your hero ability in addition to Bite gives you the ability to take out stronger units whilst suffering little to no damage. I've also managed to use it a few times later in the game when dealing with Rogues and Hunters to give myself a few extra turns to try and win.

Now my problem with the Protectors was that they were a huge target with a huge mana cost. The deck doesn't have many cards which draw out removal spells like Assassinate or Polymorph. The 8 mana cost meant that I was essentially giving up an entire turn to play it, which was never an option unless I had full board control; even then it was a risk unless they had blown all their removal tools. If you drew it early game, you were sitting on the card until 8 turns in, and probably not even then because of, again, removal.

I've been rather enjoying the two Archmage that I've replaced the Protectors with, albeit as I said I don't have access to the other Ancients so I don't know how they fare in this deck. I love the Archmage because they follow along the same line as the Dalaran Mages. They have a low enough (6) mana cost that they can potentially be combo'd late-game. Their health (7) is high enough that it will take effort to remove them off the board, but their attack (4) is low enough that I've found many opponents don't consider it enough of a threat, even though it gives spellpower. The result is a tanky spellpower card, which is strong in its' own right for removal.
Reply Quote
Two Druid decks atm.

Non-Budget

Innervate 2
Claw 2
Motw 2
Wrath
Bloodmage Thalnos
Ironbeak Owl 1
Kobold Geomander 2
Nat Pagle
Tinkmaster Overspark
Swipe 2
Keeper of the Grove 2
Starfall 2
Druid of the Claw 2
Hogger
The Black Knight
Ancient of Lore 2
Ancient of War 1
Cenarius
Ragnaros
Ysera

Budget SP deck

Claw 2
Wrath 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Kobold Geomancer 2
Savagery 2
Dalaran Mage 2
Demolisher 2
Tinkmaster Overspark
Bite 2
Swipe 2
Keeper of the Grove 2
Starfall 2
Azure Drake 2
Force of Nature 2
Starfire 2
Ancient of Lore 2

The General Goal is to find the optimal cards and not look so much at the rarity of said card.
Reply Quote

x2 Moonfire
x2 Claw
x2 Novice Engineer
x2 Kobold Geomancer
x2 Wrath
x2 Dalaran Mage
x2 Swipe
x1 Ogre Magi
x2 Keeper of the Grove
x1 Gadgetzan Auctioneer
x2 Starfall
x2 Druid of the Claw
x1 Azure Drake
x2 Starfire
x2 Ironbark Protector

Have you tried running Fairy Dragons (SP?) in place, my deck is similar to yours but I run 2 Dragons over the stealth guys, 2 Nourish over the moonfire, 1 Bloodmage over Kobald, 1 Cenerius and 1 Ancient of Lore over the Ironbark's, and an extra Azure instead of the ogre.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]