Execute suggestion

So the other day I got the daily quest to win two battles as Garrosh, which sounded fun until I actually played him. I eventually won the two matches after losing countless other times and rebuilding the deck repeatedly, but I digress.

One problem I noticed during all these fights was that when I was forced to trade one for one I started to fall behind fast. This wasn't helped by the lack of control, and his only spot clear -- execute -- requires that the targeted minion is damaged, which often forced me to lose a minion to use it.

So I have a suggestion: Up the cost of execute, maybe to 5 or 6, but have it cost less mana for each point of health the minion is missing (i.e. executing a minion missing 5 or 6 health would be free, but killing an undamaged minion requires the full cost.) It seems fair enough since the only other spot clear that kills the minion with no other stipulations costs 5 mana.

What do you all think?
Reply Quote
I think execute is good as it is. Had the same quest yesterday and won the first two ranked matches.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 08:12 PMPosted by TheRageBear
One problem I noticed during all these fights was that when I was forced to trade one for one I started to fall behind fast. This wasn't helped by the lack of control, and his only spot clear -- execute -- requires that the targeted minion is damaged, which often forced me to lose a minion to use it.

The Warrior relies on weapons to not fall behind in trading. Arathi Weaponsmith for example is an extremely good card that gives you a minion and a weapon at the same time. You need to use cards like Slam and Whirlwind to make Execute most effective, but I like it the way it is. You can also use charge mechanics to do damage to something big then Execute it, or Cleave, or lots of other techniques. Often times a Rogue or Warlock will have to blow 5 or 6 MC on one turn to remove something with their spot removal card and can't do anything else that turn. Execute is super cheap and therefore has a drawback but it is usually a benefit not a hindrance.
Reply Quote
I second the above post. Warriors strenght usualy lies in the fact that you can protect your minions (around 3 and 5 mana) with your weapons. Plus, the armor helps mitigate the damage on the hits.

Try to not trade as much minion per minion. Hit it with the stick and see how it goes!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]