archmage antonidas is op as hell

Thanks for bumping this!

Any anyone running a ton of high mana legendaries will just get stomped by the zoo and murloc decks that make up 1/3 of ladder.
Reply Quote
It is actually, incredibly op'd all by itself.... all you need to do is draw this guy, and it's gg...infinite board removal + infinite face damage - all you need is 1 spell.

The fix for this is actually really easy too... make it so any spell EXCEPT fireball gives you a fireball. That way you can't just limitlessly chain fireballs off a single spell.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 09:36 AMPosted by Firemane
There are plenty of ways to deal with him though.
Those owls that silence come to mind.

Yeah those little bastards are annoying. While getting one played on Antonidas would be a pain, their most annoying trick is allowing my opponent to unfreeze their own minions.

But that's part of the game. If Antonidas is in your deck, part of your strategy early and mid game has to be to draw out those owls, polys, executes, etc., so that by turns 8-10 you can place Antonidas out there with (hopefully) enough protection that your opponent can't get to him.

The owls specifically frequently get burned on Wyrms and Geomancers and the like, so that's one way for a mage to draw them out early. With that said, Anton getting "owled" isn't the worst possible outcome. Yeah you lose your free Fireballs but you still have a 5/7 sitting there.

Sadly, I draw both BGH's when someone plays antonidas, instead of either silence.

Sigh.
Reply Quote
09/12/2013 09:03 AMPosted by Starscream

Yeah those little bastards are annoying. While getting one played on Antonidas would be a pain, their most annoying trick is allowing my opponent to unfreeze their own minions.

This classic example of that happened to me the other day.

My opponent played a Twilight Drake - the 1/1 with a Battlecry that gives it +1/+1 for each card in your hand when you play it. When he played it, it came out as a 7/7 or 8/8, something large like that.

On my turn, I Frost Nova'd it.

On his turn, he dropped the Owl to get rid of the freeze. What my opponent forgot is that it also gets rid of the Battlecry, so it immediately went back down to 1/1

I laughed for about 5 minutes when my opponent then hit the "Oops" emote.

Regarding Antonidas, my favorite play is to wait until Turn 10. I drop Antonidas, and then Counterspell. I get a fireball in my hand right off the top, plus I find that most removal they have at that point in the game is in Spell form. Usually, the silence minions are gone by then, but they always save a Polymorph, a Hex, etc. I'd say off the top of my head, when I drop Antonidas and Counterspell on 10, he survives until turn 11 (without getting silenced) about 80-90 percent of the time.

Yep...another example of why counterspell is incredibly lame.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]