Hex, totems

Well I guess, someone from GC's team infiltrated Hearthstone, or they hired designers without checking if they took basic math in school again.

But seriously. Hex for 0 and Poly for 4? Totems for 2 having a metric ton of hit points and buffing everything?
Reply Quote
Hex for 0? I don't understand.
Reply Quote
Hex is 3 and it gives the minion taunt. Poly is 4 and it doesn't. Seems fair enough.
Reply Quote
I'm guessing that the Hex this player saw had its cost reduced by Far Sight.
Reply Quote
OP fails at things.
Reply Quote
I dunno about you, but hex costs 3 and that was all i needed to crush a 13/10 gurubashi berserker this poor priest spent time buffing and healing. :)
Reply Quote
Hex.... sucks.... a frog 0/1 with taunt is still taunt. It takes an entire attack to kill it AND YOU HAVE TO KILL IT to get to the player its like back handing some one and then you give them a hundred bucks come on it should be 1/1 frog with NO taunt.
Reply Quote
03/31/2014 10:26 AMPosted by Lunarobane
Hex.... sucks.... a frog 0/1 with taunt is still taunt. It takes an entire attack to kill it AND YOU HAVE TO KILL IT to get to the player its like back handing some one and then you give them a hundred bucks come on it should be 1/1 frog with NO taunt.

LOL, can only lol as someone got facerolled due to a hex. Was it Ragnoros? A Sylvanas? That Leeroy you wanted to kill the player with was just stopped by that lil 0/1 taunter :-)

Seen it all! Have been hexed before and have hexed other players minions. At least if you are going to make a valid point. Make sure not to sound like you just got facerolled due to a hex :-)
Reply Quote
Yes mage + polymorph is mostly better because mage can for 2mp shoot it but if they dont as they have more important things to do it has 1 attack. Ive beaten several mages with my 1/1 sheep with bloodlust/flame tongue.

Polymorph 4mp, make 1/1 sheep

Hex 3mp, makes 0/1 taunt

The taunt is a barrier to winning with minions/weapons and that is why it has 0 attack and costs 1mp less. Its a fair trade though less mp cost for a minion that must be dealt with.

Remember that you can attack then hex so that frogs taunt is not in your way. If you hexing a taunt well tough bananas but other wise you can attack past it then hex it. I do this some times if i have 1 only minion with any attack on board and want it to hit an other minion or pound face.

Hex and polymorph as the only 2 transform class cards are balanced and are 1/2 the same. Both silence and 1hp. They should not be the same spell and variance is allowed. They are 2 sides to the same coin. One can not be altered with out a similar effect to the other.

Yes the taunt can be annoying but a heck of a lot less mp than assassinate or syphon soul and without the downside/conditions of shadow words, naturalize, equality combo, brawl, execute combo and deadly shot. I consider it along with poly morph as the best spells to deal with an annoying minion. I prefer hex more because it cant attack and is 1 less mp and can kill it with searing, storm, 1 swing of weapon (not a big price to pay) or an other weak minion.
Reply Quote
Polymorph is most of the time 6 mana removal, hex is 3 mana. Guys stop being ridiculous, Hex is way more powerful than poly
Reply Quote
So far only one thing about hex is a pain, that is the frog is for some reason considered a beast. I was almost sure a frog was an amphibian, and i don't really think of a frog as a beast. Seems like a weird tribal to give it and yet elementals still don't have a tribal.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Abata
Polymorph is most of the time 6 mana removal, hex is 3 mana. Guys stop being ridiculous, Hex is way more powerful than poly

No it isn't. Hex eats an attack to before it dies, I can only wish I had a way to ping it for 2 mana that did not involve using another card or attack from creature/weapon. Depending on the situation leaving a 1/1 minion can be better than leaving a 0/1 taunt. Either way it's not clear cut enough to call either Hex or Poly objectively better than the other.
Reply Quote
Crocolisk which maybe a reptile is a beast. Thats just what they picked. I would have though considering the quote on it the frog would be a murloc as it says if you hex a murloc it does not change much. Make frog a murloc.

I would like to see every minion have a tribal and more things effecting tribal. I think pirate as a tribal is dump. I suggest the tribals of:

Humanoid (humans and most human like living things)
Toran (they are so much bigger and different than humans make it a group)
Undead (tons of undead make it a group)
Constructs (golems, machines ect)
Elementals (enough of them to make a group besides shaman)
Plants (enough of them to make a group besides druid)
Giant humanoids (big big humanoids like boulder fist and molten giant ect)

And maybe a few more. Some of the paladin/priest minions could be called angels or celestials as there are demons why not make the opposite.

MTG and other card games give every creature a type. This game should also. Its fine is 1/2 are humanoid just dont have tons of stuff effecting humanoids specifically. If they want to go crazy like MTG and have race + occupation they can. Such as human soldier is 2 types on 1 or Treefolk shaman ect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]