Hearthstone will not install

MVP - Technical Support
Did the BDA install just fine ?

Are you using it to launch and play wow ?
Reply Quote
Yes i am using the battle net app to play wow. and it updated wow just fine and let me play it.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What's the latest version of Agent in /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent?

I was getting this error, and it was due to not being able to download the latest version of Agent. It turned out to be a permission issue though, and I managed to get it downloaded by renaming my Battle.net folder.
Edited by Machkhan on 9/11/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
Has it created any part of the Hearthstone folder in the Applications folder ?
Reply Quote
The agent says it was created on 8/10/13. modified on 9/6/13. with version of 1.8.2 (2110).

And it HAS created a hearthstone folder in my applications which includes; client.config, hearthstone app, hearthstone beta launcher, hearthstone.mfil, hearthstone.tfil and logs file.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
And it HAS created a hearthstone folder in my applications which includes; client.config, hearthstone app, hearthstone beta launcher, hearthstone.mfil, hearthstone.tfil and logs file.

Ok brilliant.

We're going to try to manually build the Hearthstone folder.

First off restart and don't open the BDA. If it's set to open at login quit it and wait 10 minutes for Agent to quit.

Then in a Download manager or using a browser that'll download them and not just display them download :

http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/hs-pod/beta/NA/3749.direct/base-OSX.MPQ

And put in the Hearthstone folder in Applications

Download :

http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/hs-pod/beta/NA/3645.direct/Updates/hs-0-3664-OSX-final.MPQ

Create an "Updates" folder in the Hearthstone folder in Applications

Put hs-0-3664-OSX-final.MPQ in that Updates folder

Then start up the Hearthstone set up and it should detect what you've already downloaded and use that data.
Reply Quote
Followed your instructions directly and still came up with the same "failed to download" error. Also...

What do you mean by the " Hearthstone set up?" I put the files in the correct folders but could not find hearthstone set up. i tried clicking on the app but it just opens hearthstone as a black screen and stays there. And the BDA when i try that is still stuck on initializing, then stops and says "failed to download a required file"
Edited by drednautcapt on 9/12/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
I meant the Hearthstone beta installer you downloaded from Battle.net when you were invited to beta.

Also is it possible to go off Campus to get some downloading done ? I'm afraid to say your campus IT network's blocking something here.
Reply Quote
It is unlikely that i will be able to go off to download for a while. :(

Really wish I could play it! Guess i'll have to wait for an opportunity or until something gets changed in the installer. Unfortunately hearthstone doesnt have a university network fix yet like wow does, where you just download the latest .tml file and replace it in you folder.
Or if you guys happen to have a site like that where i can find all the files and try to place in the missing files.

Thanks for your help Bluespacecow and Machkhan really appreciate it!
Edited by drednautcapt on 9/13/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1grhvg8ic1di1gq/O6afbA2c7v
Reply Quote
IT HAS WORKED!!!!! AT LONG LAST I AM IN THE TUTORIAL NOW!!! sry caps :DDD excited. i replaced the tfil and mfil files and it works now. make sure you download then in google chrome or something. cause safari downloads them as text file.

Thanks soo much :D
Reply Quote
I was having the same issue (installer was stuck at 65%). I tried switching my networks to another source and that fixed the issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]