Novice Engineer (2)
    Ironfur Grizzly (2)
    Shield Block (2)
    Warsong Commander (2)
    Kor'kron Elite (2)
    Arcanite Reaper (2)
    Gurubashi Berserker (2)
    Core Hound (2)

Based on mashdar's Thrifty Warrior Deck ( http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9792850264 )
    - Four weapon cards provide minion removal without sacrificing board control.
    - Whirlwind synergizes well with Execute and Gurubashi Berserker
    - Charge/Warsong Commander guarantees at least one 9-damage attack per Core Hound.
    - Main drawback I've found is a possible weakness in draw power.

This deck is not working for me... at all. I've lost almost every game. Every opponent I've gone up against has total board control at all times it seems and a side full of buffed minions whereas I usually end up with Arcanite Reapers, Charge, Heroic Strikes and maybe a Voodoo Doctor in my hand. When I do get one of the few big minions in the deck out, they counter it immediately and I'm left with my 3 or 5 damage vs their army of +1/1 raid leaders, stormwind guys, and corehounds. =[
Reply Quote
I've been playing a lot of warrior in Play lately complete with some expert cards. Having come from other classes before that I'm guessing a problem a lot of you are having is playstyle. Hearthstone (or any good CCG) is not something where you can jump from one class to another and use the same approach with different cards.

Warrior IS rough without expert cards, but it's far from unplayable with the right deck. I threw together the following from my own experience and I'll try it later tonight and report back.

http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#cMfI7MVs7Mzt7Mf37Mdh7MoS7Mdz7Mim7Mn7Mkg7MaP7Mah7Mk07Mio7Mm18z

Big point to new Warrior players is that you want to stay on the aggressive end whenever possible. Your goal is NOT to trade for board control, but attack aggressively (using charge.) This does give your opponent the chance to trade, which may seem terrible at first, but it's all about pacing. When you can keep this up, each minion you play eats a removal spell, takes out most or all of an opposing minion's health, AND deals damage to the opposing hero. Why does this work? Warrior cards are very cost efficient on the whole. You kill what remains on the board with your own removal, including weapons, and by turn 8 or so you only have 1-2 cards left to their 4-5, but they're at or hovering near lethal range.

If you try to build or play your deck half way in between this is where you'll encounter problems. Warrior control needs more expert cards to hit its stride, but a lot of the cards needed for aggro are right here. Even my warrior Play deck has uses a very large number of basic cards, and probably a majority are basic + common.

EDIT: Checked, and my current deck has 14 starter cards, and 13 commons.

EDIT2: Record with that deck: 2:2, replaced 2 gurubashi with 2 3/2 raptors and went 4:4 with the 4 losses being against well constructed decks that any other all-basic deck would likely lose to as well. Considering every deck I lost to was running plenty of rares I'm content. I was also playing at like 3am, and I tend to run into a lot less casual decks around this time. I think I've got all but one game up at http://www.twitch.tv/shalune/b/482281631

I noticed while making these decks and playing that a big problem warrior has in Basic cards is a lack of good turn 2-3 minions. Both my Basic, and Expert Warrior decks are stacked with 2-cost cards to fuel the aggression, and it felt weird lacking consistent turn 2-3 board presence. Fortunately, for those looking for more than a novelty deck, a lot of the best 2-3-drop minions for aggressive Warriors are common:

Bloodsail Raider
Raging Worgen
Amani Berserker
Faerie Dragon
Jungle Panther
Scarlet Crusader
Shattered Sun Cleric (Basic card, but gets so much better when you have more 2-drops to play it on)
Edited by Shalune on 11/23/2013 2:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
I played about two hours with this deck, trying to get two wins for the quest of the day (I tried so hard because they both had warrior, so winning twice with warrior would finish both). However, after at least fifteen games, I had only won ONE. I don't find this deck to work in late game. Early game, it's pretty great if you get a decent hand. However, as you go farther and farther in the game, the enemy has more powerful creatures while you have more weapons and cleavers and charges.
Reply Quote
Can you update this please? It is a bit dated. Also it is misleading to anyone else who reads it. And I think this has been necroed.
Reply Quote
This is a really old thread. Essentially this deck will fail vs most types of decks today because there simply aren't enough good 1-2-3 drops to combat with aggro. Since warrior removal cards suck, you're going to lose games.

For a good deck you can use Acula's deck from http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10895249565?page=2
a spinoff of Vaporaction's.

2x (1) Abusive Sargent
2x (1) Argent Squire
2x (1) Execute
1x (2) Knife Jungler
2x (2) Mad Bomber
2x (2) Loot Hoarders
2x (2) Novice Engineer
2x (2) Fiery War Axe
1x (3) Frothing Berserker
2x (3) Warsong Commander
2x (4) Dark Iron Dwarf
2x (4) Defender of Argus
1x (5) Arcanite Reaper
1x (5) Sylvanas Windrunner
2x (6) Argent Commander
1x (7) Gorehowl
1x (8) Ragnaros
2x (20) Molten Giant
Reply Quote
Only problem with that deck, I don't think that is a starter deck really. Trying to get a decent deck if you just started is hard and most new players if they walk on the forums will look for these sort of threads. The problems.. :/ At best I think we can only recommend cards to be put into decks as these sort of decks can be easily outdated in a single patch.
Reply Quote

12/16/2013 02:39 AMPosted by Chenobi
This is a really old thread. Essentially this deck will fail vs most types of decks today because there simply aren't enough good 1-2-3 drops to combat with aggro. Since warrior removal cards suck, you're going to lose games.

For a good deck you can use Acula's deck from http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10895249565?page=2
a spinoff of Vaporaction's.

2x (1) Abusive Sargent
2x (1) Argent Squire
2x (1) Execute
1x (2) Knife Jungler
2x (2) Mad Bomber
2x (2) Loot Hoarders
2x (2) Novice Engineer
2x (2) Fiery War Axe
1x (3) Frothing Berserker
2x (3) Warsong Commander
2x (4) Dark Iron Dwarf
2x (4) Defender of Argus
1x (5) Arcanite Reaper
1x (5) Sylvanas Windrunner
2x (6) Argent Commander
1x (7) Gorehowl
1x (8) Ragnaros

You do realise this is a thread for STARTER decks, which means cards you already start with or that you can earn by levelling to 10.
Reply Quote
I liked the deck, but I traded the Core Hounds for more block like Mogu'shan Warden.
I only played a few games but againt a warrior it's pure fun, alot of smashing...

The wardens are uncommon I think but any blockers to stop the bleeding is nice...
Edited by Barak on 12/28/2013 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
No chance with this deck, whatsoever. The best I did was bring down my opponent to 20 hp. One other battle I was doing allright at the start versus a mage, but then his board control started kicking in and I lost decisively. I think I played about 15 games back to back with this build and not a single win.

HORRIBLE !!
Reply Quote
I'm playing this deck exactly as is. I thought my Warrior deck was bad before. I was right, it was, but this one...wow...far worse. There are too many bonus cards and not enough ways to attack.
Reply Quote
First of all this is an 8 month old tread.

Secound both Novice Engineer and Warsong Commander has been nerfed so there is no synergy as intended for this deck anymore.
Reply Quote
This deck sucks 10 losses in a row with other players with a hand full of cards to my none
Reply Quote
Nty. Tried this deck against expert bots and lost late game. Tried it just for casual gaming for dailies and got handled literally every try. Around turn 4 every game was over, the latest I lasted was Turn 8, just happened to get a shield block to extend. Imo, this deck is garbage.

Edit: Just read that this was posted before nerfs to two different cards, that could be the problem.
Edited by Veezee on 6/13/2014 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I found this deck to be very high risk/reward. Most of my games end up with me having to bonk minions with the weapons, in order to hold out until 10 mana crystals when its the charge/core hound combo that wins most of my games.

The deck isn't perfect, i'd rather see a molten giant or two, because you will be taking damage with the lack of minons and taunt. MFW two molten giants pop up for free with charge on each.

The downside is actually getting that card draw and having limited minions.
Reply Quote
personally warrior isn't my strong-suit but if you play smart, a warrior deck could be effective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]