Rogue Pirates Deck!

Hey, ya'll. So I couldn't help but to notice that I haven't seen many pirate decks yet. They're quite a cool concept. See, many of the pirate cards seem to be based on your hero having a weapon equipped or off other pirates.

Now, when I saw this, two obvious classes came to mind. Rogue and warrior. And while warrior may have perhaps better, stronger weapons, it's hard to deny the availability of the Rogue's Dagger Mastery ability and I would much rather have consistency over power, especially considering how most of the pirates are low-cost/low-power.

That being said, this is what I've come up with. I found myself really short for card space. I just couldn't seem to get everything I wanted in 30 cards. I feel as though I'm at a lack for control and taunt, but it's a faster-paced deck and mostly centered around your hero attacking directly. If you don't win early game, it doesn't really have much late-game potential, I don't think. But hey! Trying something different.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#82:2;87:2;103:2;205:2;261:2;267:1;305:2;324:2;433:2;453:1;471:2;559:2;604:2;627:2;637:2;663:2

Tell me what you think!
Edited by Blaqlite on 9/10/2013 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well my first question is how you got 2x Captain's Parrots. Since this is a reward card, you only receive 1 for completing the pirate's "set". Unless I'm mistaken...

That being said, I do think Rogues are well suited for Pirate decks since they have consistent weapons available throughout the entire game; and the Pirate deck has a few key cards which directly rely on having a weapon equipped.

Shaman, Warriors, & Paladin's can also make effective use of Pirate decks as well. While Hunters also have weapons I think they are ill-suited to building any sort of "theme" deck since they rely on beasts heavily for any major synergy in their deck.
Edited by Sykomyke on 9/12/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You recieve 2x Captain's Parrots for the achievement. Confirmed by me.
Reply Quote
09/12/2013 11:14 AMPosted by mashdar
You recieve 2x Captain's Parrots for the achievement. Confirmed by me.

Oh well that's cool. Thanks for the confirmation.
Reply Quote
Hey I know this pirate build is from a while ago, but I just tried it out today and really love it. I'm having early game success against all types of decks and all types of classes. Thanks!
Reply Quote
looks like a fun deck. Might I suggest adding blade flurry? I can think of no better way to clear the board of enemy minions. Assassins blade, one or more deadly poisons, and blade flurry. Good times. Don't forget to attack before sacking your dagger!
Reply Quote
Funny coming across this thread. I was just talking to my son today about making a pirate deck. Finding out there was a reward card for collecting all the pirates is even more incentive. I just need Captain Greenskin and one other pirate to have the full set.
Reply Quote
yeah cool enough i already played it and its winning ;-)
Reply Quote
currently I run a pirate paladin deck that works quite well (diamond 3 tier its about 50-50 win).

The low cost paladin weapons synergize very well due to their high durability so the pirates pop out quite quickly.

Major weakness of these decks is always going to be mages.
Reply Quote
I would drop the grunts for defender of argus, But it does look like fun to play.
Reply Quote
is the boat deck aggro or defensive? I saw one once with a paladin I luckily have deadly poison and blade furry before he buffs his pirates to 4hp+. is it the same way to play murlock?
Reply Quote
I love my pirate deck on my rogue, the only problem I have with it is that it's extremely hit or miss.
I can go 5/0 then lose the rest of the night from bad starting cards.
Forget the cards that heal and get some low mana cards/battle cry (demo or knife juggler) to take down enemy minions.
Reply Quote
Also, most pirate cards are pretty cheap - add Headcrack to your deck.
Reply Quote
Honestly if you want to keep things viable i would just run the raiders and maybe the dread corsairs, and Greenskin. For the rest of it stock up on weapons. If you really want to run all the pirates, i at least wouldn't run 2 parrots, 2 captains, and 2 bloodsail corsairs. The parrot is just too bad stats-wise,
and while the Southsea captain is a decent card, one of them is usually enough. The bloodsail corsair is actually quite good, since it's most of the time a 1 mana ooze, since most weapons (at least in the early game, when you're probably going to be playing this anyway) only have 2 durability, and most people use one of those straight away. However running 2 of them is usually a bad idea, especially if you're against a class that doesn't use weapons. The only really good pirate card is the Bloodsail Raider, but if you want to stick to the gimmick while keeping the deck as viable as possible, i suggest taking out those three cards, and replacing your sinister strikes with blade flurrys.
Reply Quote
I mostly agree with this, with one minor difference: I run Bloodsail Raider and Dread Corsair, but without Southsea Captains I prefer Spiteful Smith over Captain Greenskin.

Captain Greenskin, Southsea Pirate and Deckhand would be added together or not at all. Without mechanically taking advantage of the Pirate theme, Deckhand and Corsair are marginal... for me, Corsair barely makes it where Deckhand barely doesn't.
Reply Quote
Honestly spiteful smith isn't that great either, it's a ver fun card and it can be great situationally, but a 4/6 for 6 mana isn't very good, and it's too easy to play around and usually too slow. Not saying it's awful or never useful, but you're probably better off running something else if you're not going for the full pirate gimmick.
Reply Quote
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#82:2;87:2;92:2;103:2;244:2;261:2;267:1;324:2;382:2;433:2;453:1;471:2;559:2;568:2;627:2;637:2;

This is what I ran for a while. Your right there aint a lot out there. Also why didn't you have blade fury on your deck?? Its a good card if your going to main a wep deck imo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]