Share Your Hunter Deck/Constructive Criticicm

Hey everyone,

I've climbed the MMR with a beast themed hunter deck(Not original I know), but I seem to have hit a kind of wall and now my winning ways tend to be losing ones instead. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to improve my deck while maintaining the overall beast theme.

Here's my deck list:
http://i.imgur.com/CNneIEL.jpg

If you need a better view, I can list the cards manually. Much appreciate the advice.
Reply Quote
Hi!

Dick: The problem is that while Beast themed decks tear down other decks on lower rankings, you really can't beat any good decks with good players. This has been something that i have been mentioning from the start of these Hunter forums. The synergies just aren't up to par with the strengths of other good decks and gets shut down by basic Taunt minions and some spot removal for key Beasts.

You actually are missing the best Hunter Beast deck card. Unleash the Hounds. You should add two of those ASAP.

You pretty much have all the Beasts there that can be used, but just to change things up you might want to try tout Young Dragonhawk, Stranglethorn Tiger, Dire Wolf Alpha and Savannah Highmane. Emperor Cobra, Tundra Rhino and Bloodfen Raptor are the beasts that i could trade out.

One other spell card that is actually really good is Bestial Wrath. +2 Attack and Immune means that you can get past pesky Taunters rather easily and keep your Beasts alive. Tho these cards are Epic and such not that easy to obtain.
Reply Quote
Hi!

Dick: The problem is that while Beast themed decks tear down other decks on lower rankings, you really can't beat any good decks with good players. This has been something that i have been mentioning from the start of these Hunter forums. The synergies just aren't up to par with the strengths of other good decks and gets shut down by basic Taunt minions and some spot removal for key Beasts.

You actually are missing the best Hunter Beast deck card. Unleash the Hounds. You should add two of those ASAP.

You pretty much have all the Beasts there that can be used, but just to change things up you might want to try tout Young Dragonhawk, Stranglethorn Tiger, Dire Wolf Alpha and Savannah Highmane. Emperor Cobra, Tundra Rhino and Bloodfen Raptor are the beasts that i could trade out.

One other spell card that is actually really good is Bestial Wrath. +2 Attack and Immune means that you can get past pesky Taunters rather easily and keep your Beasts alive. Tho these cards are Epic and such not that easy to obtain.

Thanks for the advice. I need to do some crafting with a few of those cards, namely UTH. I figured the beast synergy was running into problems because of how easy it is to manage it with other decks at that level of play. It's a little disappointing as I tend to enjoy themed decks a bit more.
Reply Quote
I made my own hunter deck y-day one legendary , few traps rest is pretty much commons - was my first time playing ranked - Went ~30-4 and placed into masters. There are obviously some things you need to be vary when playing hunter but in general hunter isn't as bad as some make it sound.

Unleash Hounds + "The Beast" or "Core Hound" means Already 10/11 damage guaranteed given they have no taunt on board or don't have any other beasts there already, add in Bestial Wrath and it can turn ugly.

Currently working my way to get King Crush and "The Beast" as I want to incorporate both into my deck.
Edited by PlayToWin on 9/19/2013 3:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi there !
Everyone is claiming a nerf of the UtH build, so I want to do something else with the hunter, to prove them there is no just one viable build.

Here is my build :

http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#czkj7MkL7MrY7MmP7zna7MoF7Ms27zab7zRS7Mm27Mqs7Mmf7Mhy7zqI7MaP7MdS7zzs7MbY8c

It's basically a hunter control deck, but maybe it needs some tweaking, so here i am :p
I'm actually wondering to add a gladiator bow instead of the stranglethorn tiger, or add a hogger instead of a argent commander.

Thanks !
Reply Quote
Very nice deck sooN. My suggestions would be trade the Hoaders for Engineers, since there's a lot of mages around for now. I'm also not a big fan of the Creepers, but if they work for you then that's fine, i would swap em out for either a pair or flares or bows (Flares nullify Spellweavers and CS)

I'm not really sure about the Gladlongbow, it's not THAT good. Hogger would be a sick addition tho, a taunt generator? yes plz!

Edit: Whoops, i forgot to share my list! http://imgur.com/Op92o7M

I'm actually running a sideboard (LOLOLOL,. i know, it's not really a sideboard, but a side deck) that swaps the pigs out for crabs and a deadlyshot for a multi.
Edited by Sharpshooter on 10/29/2013 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To people struggling with being dry like the previous poster; don't be afraid to mix in some non-beast cards that generate draws and experiment with that until you find a sweet-spot.
Hunters that can keep their buzzard alive for only a few turns tend to be devastating. The ones that play it prematurely or in bad situations however I tend to punish and steamroll with ease. That being said though, I usually play glacier control decks (priest/warlock)
Edited by Dokujin on 11/5/2013 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here is my first deck. My strategy is to get lots of beasts up fast and then buff them up. So far I have been extremely successful with this deck (lost 1 out of 8 matches so far).

It has decent survivability as I have a good amount of taunts as well. My best match today I finished with 27 hp against a paladin, who healed +6 two times. Pretty darn good.

http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#cMkL7zrY7znE7zsY7zRS7Mi07zMA7MGM7zVz7Mm47MmI7MAb7MzR7zdS7MIM7za67Maw7MiO7zIm7zMr8c
Reply Quote
This is my current strong deck,

http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#cMkL7McD7zwH7zVw7Mi07MGM7zfl7MmI7MIJ7MzR7zkJ7MdS7MIM7Ma67Maw7MIm7MaY8c

2 Epics, 0 Legends.

I win 3/5 games with this deck, again it all depends on who I play and what cards are drawn, but; I win often with it. Figured I'd share. :)
Edited by Freestyle on 11/10/2013 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10491169498#1

Try this one sometime. My level 35 hunter loves it.
Reply Quote
This is my deck, opinions?

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=8244/hunter
Reply Quote
http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#cMkL7Mht7MwH7Mhl7Mm27MGM7Mfl7Mm47MIN7MIJ7MIM7Ma67Maw7MIm7MaY8c

Let me know, this deck either goes off or fails miserably.
Reply Quote
Ive constructed a deck that is working pretttty well (Currently masters 1 and climbing)

I made it strictly avoiding unleash the hounds.

So, although it may be scary at first. Give it a shot (get it?). Its scary because there are about ohhhhhhh 2 beasts in the whole deck. No epics, and a handful of rares (Not unlike the UtH deck in rarity value)

The way the deck works is fairly simple, and uses a basic principal for all CCG's. Get more value out of your cards than your opponent. (also board control why not)

It seems to falter against paladins,and swarmlocks (Due to the lack of explosive trap, which can be subbed in if you so feel, this is a flexible deck)

Other than that it practically plays itself. I crafted it out of the hunter cards I had available to me. Please do modify/improve this deck and let me know of your success. Im looking to help hunters get out of their UtH decks. So hopefully this helps.

arcane shot x2
leper gnome x2
freezing trap x2
snipe x2
faerie dragon x2
loot hoarder x2
Novice engineer x2
eaglehorn bow x1
animal companion x2
deadly shot x2
kill command x2
harvest golem x1
S.S cleric x2
multishot x2
defender of argus x2
azure drake x2

GL HF and thanks a bajillion. for your criticism/tips

(Also I apologize for the list here, imma lazy !@#)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]