Retina resolution available?

After installing Hearthstone on my 15.4" MacBook Pro Retina, 2012, the highest resolution that I can choose is 1400. 1920x1080 is not available on the mac version, nor is the highly preferred 2048x1880.

The installation on my PC laptop has 1920x1080 as the highest resolution. Is there a way to enable Retina resolution for Hearthstone on a MacBook Pro Retina?

MBP 15.4/2.7/16GB/768GB Flash
Reply Quote
I would love the same thing! Let there be two of us!
Reply Quote
Just seems odd that Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo 3 all have retina resolutions for the MacBook Pro, yet Hearthstone doesn't even do 1080p on a mac.

What gives?
Reply Quote
hearthstone does support it if the desktop itself is changed to 2880x1800 using a program like switchresx. however it appears that blizzard hasnt implemented detection of retina displays just yet.
Reply Quote
Can't wait to be able play this at 2880
Reply Quote
Actually you can play in 2880 right now.
All you need is an app that unlock all the resolutions.
I use QuickRes (http://www.quickresapp.com)

Set your res to 2880x1800 using quick res
launch the game
set the resolution in the game settings to 2880x1800
quit the game
change back your res to "Best for retina" (1440x900 HDPI)
launch the game again.

HeartStone will now be in 2880x1800

Enjoy the insanely sharp graphics!
Reply Quote
it still an issue because rMBP 15" it still has 1050p and still not available in the game so..

on my 27" imac i have 1440p
Edited by Shellshock on 12/14/2013 6:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
This didn't work for me. The first part did, getting it to run at max resolution. But once I changed it and quit out of HearthStone, changed my display back to Best For Retina in the display properties and then relaunched HeartStone it was right back to looking not as good, also the drop down menu had no listing inside of it. I am on a 13" Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro. Maybe it's the new Iris Graphics chipset that is giving this an issue at the moment.
Reply Quote
dude, this game run at 10 fps on retina macbook, you want to play at 1 fps at retina resolution?
Reply Quote
Try this: http://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/vi9yf/set_your_retina_macbook_pros_resolution_to
Reply Quote
Still not fixed. Blizzard pls fix
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]