options.txt in user documents folder

Hello, why is file with saved options (resolution, fullscreen (on/off), etc.) locate in user documents folder ?

Users/myusername/Documents/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone/options.txt

Mac OS X has Library folder where this files may be saved. The right path will be.

Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone/options.txt (without Documents folder)

Thx for fix this.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
Heh so that's where that is.

Disclaimer : I'm not a developer.

Right now it's there because that's where the game has chosen to save it and load some of it's options from.

IMHO and coming from a tech support side of things I don't think it really matters where that settings file is. As long as it's well documented where it is.

But again I'm not one of the devs and it would be nice to be more consistent in terms of where the settings files are stored. Nice but not essential IMHO.
Reply Quote
Heh so that's where that is.

Disclaimer : I'm not a developer.

Right now it's there because that's where the game has chosen to save it and load some of it's options from.

IMHO and coming from a tech support side of things I don't think it really matters where that settings file is. As long as it's well documented where it is.

But again I'm not one of the devs and it would be nice to be more consistent in terms of where the settings files are stored. Nice but not essential IMHO.
It would make sense to not have it under Documents and just have it USER/Library/Application Support/Blizzard where they already have files for other games. Storing a game options file in the users documents folder is asking for it to get deleted by accident.
Edited by SuiGeneris on 10/2/2013 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Indeed seems like a bug.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]