options.txt in user documents folder

Hello, why is file with saved options (resolution, fullscreen (on/off), etc.) locate in user documents folder ?

Users/myusername/Documents/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone/options.txt

Mac OS X has Library folder where this files may be saved. The right path will be.

Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone/options.txt (without Documents folder)

Thx for fix this.
Reply Quote
Nice catch and it is in the wrong place. Since we're getting a patch today and there's nothing that needed saving in that options.txt file, I removed the folder tree and will see what happens after the patch with what location the options.txt winds up in.
Edited by SuiGeneris on 10/2/2013 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Saw this too. Noticed an absent /Hearthstone folder in the real /Application Support/Blizzard folder. Sui, what happened when you removed the folder?
Reply Quote
If you delete this folder or file options.txt your settings will be reset to default and the folders and filer recreate again when you launch hearthstone.
Reply Quote
Still not fixed. Blizz can you work on that ? Its very annoying.

Thank you and i really enjoy this game.
Reply Quote
It would be nice if this issue was corrected.
Reply Quote
After new patch 1.0.0.4217 still option.txt file is in user documents folder.

Please Blizzard, Mac OS X has special folder call "Library" for this type of options config and files.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is currently planned to be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for your reports :)
Reply Quote
It's mid-February and we're in Open Beta, and this problem persists. If it has been addressed but requires action on the user's part, please advise in one of the many threads that report this issue.

Thanks! Really enjoying the game otherwise!
Reply Quote
Hmm, yeah. Problem still present and still annoying :-D
Reply Quote
Bump, ditto, something.

Other than this, the game works beautifully.
Edited by Celedam on 2/23/2014 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I'm very sorry for the premature notice. This is still scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming patch. Thanks for your reports and patience!

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
Reply Quote
I'm having problems because I turned on the high graphics on my computer, which I quickly discovered does nothing but make my computer glitch out and the application ceases to function correctly. I have Mac OS X, and I have not been able to play the game because of the graphical glitch.
It's been three months since the last reply to this thread, is there any way I could get a hand?
I deleted all appdata, cleared as many caches as I could find, and reinstalled the Hearthstone app multiple times, all resulting in no improvements. If the problem persists, is there a way you can delete my account so I can make a new one with the same email address but without the potential account appdata?
Thanks,
Bleh
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
HI Bleh!

Graphics settings and the application state have actually been moved around a bit since this post. Deleting the following files should reset your Hearthstone client to first-run settings:

In Library/Preferences delete unity.Blizzard Endertainment.Hearthstone.plist
In Library/Saved Application State delete unity.Blizzard Entertainment.Hearthstone.savedState

Give those a shot, launch up Hearthstone again and let me know how it goes!
Reply Quote
Umh, I have no "Library/Save Application State in my mac, OsX 10.6.8.
Where is that unity.Blizzard.etc saved? -__-
Reply Quote
Helllloooooo, were is that files in OsX 10.6.8?
Reply Quote
I did the same thing as Bleh except I'm using Windows 7 and the graphics card I have is not very good. My screen turns completely pink. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem? I want to keep playing the game as soon as possible. Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]