Fireball + Pyroblast damage

Dude I would be down for that no totems and you have yourself a deal there.
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Dougal
how can you play fireball x 2 AND a pyro in one turn ?>

"face the mighty millhouse manastorm" literally the only way, but to the OP, here's a thought, if u want to nerf mage spells, u know what would need to happen, ALL mage class minions would need to be heavily buffed, i'm talking 4/3 for sorcerer's apprentic, 2/4 mana wyrm, 4/7 water elemental, 5/5 ethereal arcanist, 6/4 kirin tor mage, 7/9 archmage antonidas.

oh wait, i forgot, u thought mages only use spells and don't have any minions.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Rogoth01
how can you play fireball x 2 AND a pyro in one turn ?>

"face the mighty millhouse manastorm" literally the only way

Actually if you were able to keep two Sorcerer's Apprentices standing long enough to play it, 2x Fireball + Pyro would be 10 mana.

That would require a pretty unlikely draw though. Not to mention the opponent either ignoring or being unable to remove the Apprentices, in which case they probably deserve what they get.
Reply Quote
2 MIND BLAST = 10 dmg for 4 mana. I've been pwning ppl with my shadow priest for weeks now and still no complanes, but you cry about mages fireball 6 dmg for 4 mana :D
Reply Quote
People just hate mages because they are the best control deck out there. Its frustrating to see the board wiped turn and turn, or the effects of your attacks marginalized but you know what is just as frustrating, getting board controlled by creatures in the same manner. The only difference is mages have one time use spells that ignore taunt.

So a large portion of people feel cheated that while they are using taunt creatures...because they aren't effective against mages.

A) Because most of the time they don't absorb important spells
B) They generally are not cost effective for attack/health (they sacrifice some of that for the taunt keyword)
C) Mages generally use fewer important creatures which lower the effects of many removal spells that only target minions.
D) Only a few select classes have access to cost effective life gain.

Sorry you feel that way, but that is part of the game. That is one of the mage classes strengths. You can't have a deck that beats everything. You CAN beat mages but you have to do it quickly while making use of any and all card advantage you can afford. Mage decks are built to be late game finishers unless they get incredibly lucky.
Edited by Minerva on 1/6/2014 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
i just wanted to say i finished eating my pop corn,
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Minerva
Sorry you feel that way, but that is part of the game. That is one of the mage classes strengths. You can't have a deck that beats everything. You CAN beat mages but you have to do it quickly while making use of any and all card advantage you can afford. Mage decks are built to be late game finishers unless they get incredibly lucky.

this. mage's minions are weak they are supposed to play with powerful spells.
Reply Quote
01/08/2014 12:48 AMPosted by ELECTRX

this. mage's minions are weak they are supposed to play with powerful spells.

lol i just played this guy with a random rogue deck i was trying out and tanked to 14 with.

you're like rank 15..and over-taunting like your good while literally getting carried by class. cant even tell when there's a taunt on the board and trying to attack the wrong minion for 30 secs.

mage hero right there, good job man you're amazing keep it up!
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Morthis
So what are you doing while this mage has apparently still managed to do 8 damage to you while playing 3 cards down (since he's holding those back) and waiting for turn 8?

If a mage has the kind of board control needed to do 8 damage to you, all while playing with 3 cards less, you were losing the game anyway, and he just did you a favor by ending it a little quicker.

Not true, I've lost many games to mages with full board control, and several high health taunt minions up because the mage was simply spamming frost novas, fireballs, ice lances, flamestrikes, cones of cold and polymorphs late into the game.
Reply Quote
Very much agree with the above, just lost again against a mage while having full board controll, high health taunt minions. They just save up the fireballs and, keep my minions at bay with freeze spells and then fireball/pyroblast me to death. It feels very unfair since I cannot do anything against it.

It's unbalanced if a player who has way better minions played still loses to another player. At the very least you should be able to shield against spells.
Reply Quote
How about instead of Fireblast only does 6 damage to minions and Pyroblast getting set to 10 cost(but still able to do direct damage). They will not take Pyroblast away. The mage is still powerful, yet able to dish out plenty of more removal.
Reply Quote
More importantly, with those 4 cards, and only those 4 cards, the opponent can do 32 damage, or if he did normal trades with monsters, and did simple damage to the opponent, the mage can game you by just pulling 2 or 3 of the 4 cards.
Edited by Shakeyhands on 1/8/2014 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Nihil777
So, just to sum up, Mages control the board in order to win by blasting you with big spells. This is frustrating because you want to play minions vs minions and feel cheated when mages clear your minions before you can use them. You feel that the cards they get are random and thus somehow, mages have an unfair advantage at manipulating the numbers to deal more damage to you.

Here is the simple, and unfortunate truth: most people who play mages are tacticians. They are people who like to think outside the box, have multiple solutions to a problem and, if they could, would not have a minion in their deck. This is not to say those types of people are not playing other classes, just that the mage class tends to attract those types of people, myself included. In MtG, I played Blue/Black creatureless decks that made you damage yourself and controlled the board. I do the same thing here, except I have to use minions.

As far as randomness goes, we each play a 30 card deck. I count my cards as they go by and figure probabilities constantly of getting the card I want or need. I build my deck to ensure that 75-85% of the time, I am drawing only cards I can play in every situation. I assume most people who play mages do the same.

I could be wrong and maybe there is some ghost in the machine that causes mages to draw exactly the right card and they never have to think about what they are doing. I doubt this, but it could be possible.

No. There's no amount of tactical thinking involved. It's stall, stall, stall, #*!@!@#%. Not much thought. You = fail.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
01/09/2014 03:36 PMPosted by Setsuna00
So, just to sum up, Mages control the board in order to win by blasting you with big spells. This is frustrating because you want to play minions vs minions and feel cheated when mages clear your minions before you can use them. You feel that the cards they get are random and thus somehow, mages have an unfair advantage at manipulating the numbers to deal more damage to you.

Here is the simple, and unfortunate truth: most people who play mages are tacticians. They are people who like to think outside the box, have multiple solutions to a problem and, if they could, would not have a minion in their deck. This is not to say those types of people are not playing other classes, just that the mage class tends to attract those types of people, myself included. In MtG, I played Blue/Black creatureless decks that made you damage yourself and controlled the board. I do the same thing here, except I have to use minions.

As far as randomness goes, we each play a 30 card deck. I count my cards as they go by and figure probabilities constantly of getting the card I want or need. I build my deck to ensure that 75-85% of the time, I am drawing only cards I can play in every situation. I assume most people who play mages do the same.

I could be wrong and maybe there is some ghost in the machine that causes mages to draw exactly the right card and they never have to think about what they are doing. I doubt this, but it could be possible.

No. There's no amount of tactical thinking involved. It's stall, stall, stall, #*!@!@#%. Not much thought. You = fail.

Then go give me a screenshot of you at legendary rank using a mage deck and come back. If it takes no skill, you should be able to get there today.

The point is, you can't. It takes no skill to lose with a class; anyone can lose a game. If you want to prove mage is overpowered, go use it to hit a high rank. If it's as strong as you say, it should be quick and easy.
Reply Quote
No, it's frustrating because you can't do anything against it. There is no shielding against a 10 damage pyroblast. It feels very unfair to have excellent board control and taunt minions and not being able to shield against spells. The only counter spell in the game is one the mage has.

Same goes for my Paladin deck filled with secrets; only hunters can reveal them. It just feels unfair not being able to do anything against some spells.
Reply Quote
Lets be honest the mage is just ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Totally agree, just played against a mage using hunter, complete board control, opponent on 1 life all I need is my next turn to use the hunters power......but no sorry pyroblast. I really don't agree with taunt minions becoming void when it comes to target spells like pyroblast, it may as well just say " deal 10 damage to the enemy hero". Yes I know its 10 manna but like mind control it turns the tables in ways that it doesn't matter how well you play with your cards.

Rant over its important above all else to remember that Hearthstone is at the end of the day a card game, where each hand and draw is random and there no way you can put money on getting what you want.
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Nihil777
2 Sorcerer's Apprentices makes each Fireball cost 2 and Pyroblast cost 6. But that is just playing dumb if you let that happen to you.
I was able to pull it off with Antonidast too. The guy (or woman) left before I could used all my Fireball to kill him.
Edited by Whitefang on 7/9/2014 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Nihil777

What he said !!!! Even including the part about Mtg... mages.. by definition, rely on spells... its what mages do. I am very new to the game, and the mage deck is my fave. Not because it is OP.. because even in basic tavern dueling I am still getting whooped, but because Ilove the control aspect... I can't wait to start getting secrets... I already have two of the one that gives me 8 armor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]