Divine Favor seems op

Paladin can just clear his whole hand and then last card to put 5-7 cards in hand. It just seems a bit OP for me.

Compare to mage: Pay 3 mana, gain 2 cards.
Divine Favor can easily grant you 3-5 cards and pays 1 less mana...

Or do you expect enemy always to have 3 or less cards in entire game as average?

I would like to see some sort of limit of how much you can draw from deck, like say 4...
Edited by KingOfGaia on 9/16/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's a lot of tech to make that card have a huge advantage. You have to have enough mana available to dump your hand, and your opponent has to have either no, or a measured response each time.

Most of the time I see it played it's either a late-game clutch draw (akin to Sprint) or early on for a smaller advantage.
Reply Quote
This card can be amazing and net you 4-5 cards or can be completely worthless if you draw in late on and get you nothing. I only put one in my deck along with a Lay on Hands. Sometimes it can win u the game sometimes its a dead card unlike the mage card which is always useful.
Reply Quote
It's very situational. Against aggro it's basically useless because you'll be spending mana early game to keep the board under control, and the aggro player will quickly dump their hand making it ineffective.

It's pretty good in aggro decks where you dump your hand quickly and can restock for even a couple cards. It depends heavily on your opponent, which means it's unreliable, and not something you're always going to want.
Reply Quote
Gotta agree with it being situational. I've run with it before and half the time it just took up space in my hand. With good Blessing of Wisdom use, HoW, and a couple minion drawers; you probably won't need Divine Favor anyways. All of those have uses besides card draw, too, even BoW.
Reply Quote
If you play it with other drawing which slow down your play (they make you draw and cost a lot of mana). It's a very bad idea but with aggro deck it's pretty nice...

Don't forget that it will be as good as the mage draw card (same price and effect) if you have one card less than your opponent.
Reply Quote
I love divine favour, it's useless if your facing an opponent who keeps 2-3 cards total on hand, but when you face a player who hoards 5+ cards all the time, it's amazing for a turn-around. I've gotten 7 cards from it occasionally.
Reply Quote
Broken card. When its op over an entire play style then its broken.
Edited by Anteares on 1/26/2014 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
That card can be godly but also crappy most of time its useless or mediocre at best. I used it for a while but i stopped all my games tend to go to fatigue mode so i dont need more draw.

I dont think its op its very situational, but like 7 games out of 10 it was useless. Run Nat pagle if you need draw that badly for me hammers+loh are enough. Maybe when ill get Av wrath ill use it again who knows.
Edited by Amon on 1/26/2014 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Definitely a very, very powerfully card versus control matchups.

And to think this used to cost only 2 mana!

I think it could cost 4 and be on budget but not broken as is do to being situational.
Reply Quote
That rarely happens...and in that rare case it's helpful...but usually divine favor doesn't get you many cards. It's all about how the game flows the card it self isn't OP at all.
Reply Quote
I think it's actually underpowered.

The card should read "Draw a card, and keep drawing until you have as many in hand as your opponent."

Paladin is a class that usually has equal or greater in hand cards. Of course this is a situational card, and it's better for constructed, but you have a 50% chance that this card will be in your last 15 draws, which almost always makes it either completely useless, or not worth the mana cost.

For 3 mana, you should be able to mill 2 cards to be satisfied. In my experiences, Divine Favor has granted just under 2 cards on average. Obviously I've seen it work extremely well for other Paladins in constructed, but this rarely succeeds in Arena. (I realize they don't balance all cards around both forms of play.. but my suggestion is a minor upgrade. You should at least get 1 card at any point.)
Edited by Alimack on 2/11/2014 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Indeed this card needs nerfed severely. Unlike the other classes draw mechanics, this card can not be countered or stopped easily. Blizzard please fix!
Reply Quote
I've found this card to be useless most of the time especially in a control deck. It would be more effective with aggro where it's common to overplay your hand but even then it's a waste of a card most of the time.
Reply Quote
Only aggro paladin decks use this card (it is 100% useless in any other pally deck). Nerfing it would just kill pally aggro from being viable, and it isn't even that strong to begin with.

Dumb nerf suggestion.
Edited by MadJohnny on 3/19/2014 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's even more silly when combined with King Mukla (lol)
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 02:32 PMPosted by MadJohnny
Only aggro paladin decks use this card (it is 100% useless in any other pally deck). Nerfing it would just kill pally aggro from being viable, and it isn't even that strong to begin with.

Dumb nerf suggestion.

^
Reply Quote
I crafted and quickly regretted it. The thing is it's just way too inconsistent, if you cut your deck low enough to take advantage of it you'll lose every game in which you don't draw it and only some in which you do. If you cut any higher you just won't get any cards out of it. If Paladin had more cards to support a rush playstyle it could get better but really it's only very slightly ahead of being dust fodder.
Reply Quote
This thread delivers. I can't imagine what it would be like for Paladins to literally be unable to draw cards for less than 8 mana. MAYBE.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Rack
I crafted and quickly regretted it. The thing is it's just way too inconsistent, if you cut your deck low enough to take advantage of it you'll lose every game in which you don't draw it and only some in which you do. If you cut any higher you just won't get any cards out of it. If Paladin had more cards to support a rush playstyle it could get better but really it's only very slightly ahead of being dust fodder.

Paladin have plenty of cards to support a rush playstyle: Argent Protector is amazing for giving problem creatures divine shield (Knife Juggler, for example), Blessing of Kings is amazing in faster decks willing to spend cards on buffs, and then buffing the board to give your opponent something to think about (Dark Iron Dwarf, Shattered Sun Cleric, Dire Wolf Alpha etc). The standard combo of divine shield=> buff=> buff moar=> card draw gives you a ton of tempo. The way this game is built a combination of small cards will almost always be stronger in the short run than one big card of the same total cost. The problem is when you don't have sufficient card draw.

So the question becomes:
a) do you run only one divine favour?
b) do you have enough card draw to cycle you through to your divine favours when you need them?

The reason Novice Engineer used to be so good, despite the body not really do anything except give your opponent something to think about, is because it cycles you through your deck to your better cards. If you are running a rush deck, you have divine favor, but you also should be taking supplementary card draw. Acolyte of pain synergises incredibly well with buffs, especially Blessing of Kings. Loot Hoarder is always good as well.

P.S. Dire Wolf Alpha is amazing in Aggro Pally.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]